Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember the bad ref call in the 2003 playoff game vs SF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember the bad ref call in the 2003 playoff game vs SF?

I forgot about this blown ref call back in 2003.

"Allen heaved a pass attempt intended for lineman Rich Seubert, who had checked in as an eligible receiver before the play. The pass fell incomplete as Seubert was pulled to the ground by a defender, but the referees, unsettled by the disarray, flagged the Giants for an illegal receiver downfield. The Giants lost, 39-38. The league later apologized for the refereeing error,

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1007715

Here's the youtube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhRZ0EcpRs

Re: Anybody remember the bad ref call in the 2003 playoff game vs SF?

I remember football fans wanted a redo because of that bogus call.

Comment

[quote user="sc_markt"]

"Allen heaved a pass attempt intended for lineman Rich Seubert, who had checked in as an eligible receiver before the play. The pass fell incomplete as Seubert was pulled to the ground by a defender, but the referees, unsettled by the disarray, flagged the Giants for an illegal receiver downfield. The Giants lost, 39-38. The league later apologized for the refereeing error,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhRZ0EcpRs[/quote]

Uh, no guy. For most of us, we don't need a replay as it is seared into our collective memory.

Remember when the Giants killed the threepeat in Candlestuck?

Comment

[quote user="sc_markt"]

I think we all remember this even though we would love to forget....But our defense and Shockey screwed up that game long before that play
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Why in the world would you want us to relive this? No thank you man...no ****ing thank you

Comment

I was at that game..and yeah, it was obvious PI. I still think the smart play would have been for Allen to--NO, not spike the ball which isn't allowed in that situation--but throw the ball at theBryant's feet. The kicker is an eligible receiver, and they still would have had a 4th down and 2-3 seconds on the clock for another try. Allen didn't make a horrible play and actually put up a decent pass, but down/time on clock and what to do are contingencies holders have to know...but who knows, maybe they coached fire drill regardless of down.

Comment

even worse I remember the NFL saying they got it wrong the next day - THANKS BRAH!

Comment

It turns out even though Siebert was eligible there was another lineman ineligible
                down field. That coupled with what was an no call on an obvious pass interference
                call should have canceled out and the play should have been redone. Hopefully Junkin would have snapped correctly and they would have won but the way that game went who knows. How in the world they missed the P.I. I'll never know...

Comment

It turns out even though Siebert was eligible there was another lineman ineligible
                  down field. That coupled with what was an no call on an obvious pass interference
                  call should have canceled out and the play should have been redone. Hopefully Junkin would have snapped correctly and they would have won but the way that game went who knows. How in the world they missed the P.I. I'll never know...

Comment

The bottom line is that game should NEVER have come down to that play.....The next time I see a Giant point at the scoreboard........

Comment

yeah then they give us the apology letter

but i will say i was more upset with our STs

we had a couple DEs get hurt and we simply could not generate any pass rush in the 4th quarter ... we made Garica look like Montana ... i know most don't think much of the Fassel, Tiki, Collins era, but that team could have won the Super Bowl .. i was gutted after that loss

Comment

[quote user="sc_markt"]

As some one who bleeds blue I can never forget that

Comment

How the **** could you forget about that lol. I still think about it weekly.

Comment

the NFL network guys were pretty tough to say out loud in the studio with Mooch there that the ref's blew that call.

Basically saying to someone you work with that he didn't deserve to win that game.
                            sigpic

Comment

How can any Giant fan NOT remember that? Seriously I want to know because it haunts me still.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X