Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My prediction for Elis stats this year (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My prediction for Elis stats this year (2011)

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]
    So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.*

[/quote]

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...

[/quote]

Seriously, you don't think that had something to to with all the "do-overs" since the offense turned the ball over so much, especially inside of it's own territory?

Listen, after a turnover, the defense has to go back on the field, that is what I'm talking about.* Those periods of
    extended can wear a defense down.

Look at this
    scenario, the defense is on the field for seven plays, gets the
    team to punt but the Giants offense starts inside its 20. Then a
    turnover occurs within 3 plays, now the defense is back on the
    field defending a short field and with no time to recoup.*

That is what I'm talking about in terms of rest and that
    happened frequently last season with all the fumbles and
    interception the offense committed.
    [/quote]

Yes the defense had their low points, but they where put out on the field more than they should. You never hear about a teams offense out on the field to long do you? You hear it all the time when talking about the defense. However, some want to blame only the defense for the season because of the end of the Eagles game and the Green Bay game. Don't dare talk about the Titans game or the 1st Eagles game because what happens early in the season doesn't count right?

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (which i hate) - 95%

If Eli again improves as I see him doing year in and year out, I can see these numbers being right around where he will hit it.

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year. do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...
      [/quote]

3700 yards, TD - 28, Int - 22
      [/quote]

His regular season was poor. One of the worst games I ever saw Eli play was Buffalo week 16.

It was the playoff run that was special. He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's/game. But he had one turnover in 4 games.

Some of you guys think that Eli has to put up Rivers or Brady kind of numberes to be his best. Its nonsense. Eli needs to lead this team and place a high priority on ball protection to be the best QB he can be.

Leave the lofty numbers to Rivers, Rodgers etc... Give me Giants wins.

[/quote]I agree Id be happier with his numbers being closer to 3,000 yards then 4,000. The last 2 years have proven that it isnt the best idea to let Eli be the focus of the offense. Losing 2 of his best weapons does not help either. Run the Football and dont turn it over the team will be fine

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (which i hate) - 95%

If Eli again improves as I see him doing year in and year out, I can see these numbers being right around where he will hit it.

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year. do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...
        [/quote]

Although I like your positive thinking, I dont think Eli will make those stats and not because I think he cant, but because they dont want him to. We will be a run heavy team this year, they dont want Eli to feel as if he has to take every game on his shoulders again leading to forced throws like last year. With the young WRs and the lack of a true pass catching TE your gonna see about 60-65% run heavy is what I think. They will try to win every game with Def, field pos and run game. Eli wont be asked throw for big yards or throw for 3 TDs, he will be asked to be consistent and conservative. I dont expect to see ALOT of down field pass plays. I am looking for them to move the chains, eat up clock and play good Def like they did before they lost thier identity. No, I dont expect Eli to have 30TDs or 4000 yds, I expect more in the 20s in TDs and 3000 yds. I do expect us ot have 2 1000 yd backs though. This will reduce Eli's mistakes and limit costly turnovers.

Comment

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]Two things have to happen, we find our #3 WR (I think that is still way up in the air) and Ballard emerges as a serviceable TE. Unfortunately, I don't see them happening, at least right away. If one of our RB's could start catching enough balls out of the Backfield to become a threat it would certainly help our cause![/quote]agreed, but the rbs started to catch better at the end of last yr. But we really do need a 3rd wr we can count on & a TE that can do what is asked of him.
          Peace,
          DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Bump for end of season reference, so I can Bookmark it...
            Peace,
            DragonSoul

Comment

Since a poor outing in the season opener in Washington and starting off
              the Rams game completing just three of his first 11 passes, Manning has
              had a hot hand, completing 32 of 42 passes for 435 yards, five
              touchdowns and no interceptions for a rating of 148.3 during that span.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Bump for end of season reference, so I can Bookmark it...
                [/quote]

Im going with 32 td 14 ints 4200 yards 64 compl%

and QBR of around 75-80, qb rating 91

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, '07 was also the second worst that Eli did as far as turnovers (ints) are concerned, second only to last year! Interesting that although he had, I believe, 8 more ints last year than in '07, both teams had 10-6 records. Possibly the increase offensive production last year allowed that? Prob not, but it is interesting.
                  BTW, I totally that ball protection is super important to the success of any football team, and it's something that TC preaches ALL THE TIME and has since he became a head coach in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]
                    So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.

[/quote]

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...

[/quote]

Seriously, you don't think that had something to to with all the "do-overs" since the offense turned the ball over so much, especially inside of it's own territory?

Listen, after a turnover, the defense has to go back on the field, that is what I'm talking about. Those periods of extended can wear a defense down.

Look at this scenario, the defense is on the field for seven plays, gets the team to punt but the Giants offense starts inside its 20. Then a turnover occurs within 3 plays, now the defense is back on the field defending a short field and with no time to recoup.

That is what I'm talking about in terms of rest and that happened frequently last season with all the fumbles and interception the offense committed.
                    [/quote] Yes the defense had their low points, but they where put out on the field more than they should. You never hear about a teams offense out on the field to long do you? You hear it all the time when talking about the defense. However, some want to blame only the defense for the season because of the end of the Eagles game and the Green Bay game. Don't dare talk about the Titans game or the 1st Eagles game because what happens early in the season doesn't count right?[/quote]

Even with the high numbers of TO's, the 2010 Giants were 5th in the NFL in Offense (Yds/game) and 7th in Total Points. One of the better offensive teams in Giants history regarding their ability to move the ball and to score. The Giants Offense had little trouble moving the ball up and down the field, could only imagine how many pts they might of scored if they could have cut down on the TO's some.Any argument that the Defense was always on the fieldseems like a ratherweak argument.

Comment

bumpity
                      Peace,
                      DragonSoul

Comment

I also created a post before the season started, saying Eli would be talked about by analysts saying he has hit the Elite level before the end of the season. Right when the so called controversy hit about Eli self proclaiming it.
                        Peace,
                        DragonSoul

Comment

bump to make myself feel better
                          Peace,
                          DragonSoul

Comment

i think your prediction will be pretty close. hell likely go over 4200 yds, might fall a few short of 34 TDs and will prob end up around 15 INTs.

im going with 4750 yds 33 TD 14 INT and a division title after 4 straight wins!

optimism!

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]bump to make myself feel better
                              [/quote]OK, well done. There you have it! I wasn't betting against you in September by the way but you put it out there and pretty much nailed it.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

You always undercut him on yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X