49ers are 4-1 vs the Giants at home during the playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers are 4-1 vs the Giants at home during the playoffs

Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.

Re: 49ers are 4-1 vs the Giants at home during the playoffs

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
    [/quote]

They did give up 32 points. I will take my chances with the Giants scoring 32 points this Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
      [/quote]And the Patriots were 21-1 at home after a loss...oops

The Packers were 15-1...oops

the Patriots were 18-0...oops

Eli had never won a home playoff game...oops

get what I'm saying here?

Comment

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
        [/quote]And the Patriots were 21-1 at home after a loss...oops

The Packers were 15-1...oops

the Patriots were 18-0...oops

Eli had never won a home playoff game...oops

get what I'm saying here?[/quote]
        Great post!

Comment

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
          [/quote]

GIANTS are 4 - 0 in NFC Conference Championship games

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1007334
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

FK. No point in watching. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott are going to destroy the Giants.

Woe is me.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]FK. No point in watching. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott are going to destroy the Giants.

Woe is me.[/quote]

lol
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

BUT 1-0 in NFC Championships.

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday.* If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area.* I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D.* The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field.* You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
                  [/quote]

They did give up 32 points. I will take my chances with the Giants scoring 32 points this Sunday.[/quote]

32 points with 5 turnovers... Not good defense there really, even if they are the Saints

Comment

THESE 49ers aren't 4-1 against ANYBODY. This team has never been to the playoffs. Totally new team since their last playoff appearance. Ancient history in terms of NFL. Has no bearing on this game.

Comment

[/quote]
                      I'd prefer the Giants to be able to run it, but I'd have no problem with Eli throwing 60 times -- just avoid the INTs and fumbles. The passing game is the strength of our offense these days anyway.

Stats? Well, Eli's 1-0 in NFC championship games and the Giants are 4-0 in all NFC championship games.

Comment

Hey, you guys beat the saints and the G-Men beat the packers......seems like a great time for a rematch!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
                          [/quote]

They did give up 32 points. I will take my chances with the Giants scoring 32 points this Sunday.[/quote]

Lets not FORGET that the Giants did get smashed 49-24 by the very Saints that the Niners beat.

Comment

[quote user="FresnoGiant"]THESE 49ers aren't 4-1 against ANYBODY. This team has never been to the playoffs. Totally new team since their last playoff appearance. Ancient history in terms of NFL. Has no bearing on this game.[/quote]

49ers arent anybody? Come on now, show some respect where respect is due. Giants had to win the last week just to make it into the playoffs. Both teams have great D's, dline is comparable, but edge goes to the LB's and DB's of the Niners.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]Looks to be a great game this coming sunday. If the Niners are able to make the Giants one dimensional like they did to the Saints, then the 49ers will have accomplished what they wanted in making Eli throw upwards to 60+ times which wont bode well especially with the rainy/showers coming to the Bay Area. I dont see Bradshaw and Jacobs being much of a factor against the #1 run D. The 49ers will run Gore and Hunter which will they will try and limit Eli from getting on the field. You all know the battle of the trenches is where games are won, and if the Giants cant establish some sort of run, expect the 49ers to continue rushing only 4 d lineman and keeping everything in front of them like they did against the Saints.
                              [/quote]

32 points with 5 turnovers... Not good defense there really, even if they are the Saints[/quote]

Please stop hating on the Niners D as if the Giants D did anything against the Saints, flash back, Saints roasted that ***** 49-24 if you have short term memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X