X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we content

As fans with Kiwi at the SLB position?

personally i would like to put Kiwi back at DE. and i might take some flack for this but start Herz at SLB. Get the DE pressure rotation back on the defensive line with kiwi, jpp and tuck and when osi is back have him and tuck or JPP rotate in some DT duties, on passing downs.

i think with the absence of Terell , Johnatton and Prince the one thing we need to do is get more pressure on the QB to hide some of the weakness in our secondary and LB core.

what do you guys think?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Are we content

I would rather see him line up at DE - he's pretty close to an elite pash rusher when lined up at DE, he's an average SAM, at best.

However, if they didn't move Kiwi back to DE with both Tuck and Osi out against the Skins - its not gonna happen.

Comment

[quote user="G4L"]I would rather see him line up at DE - he's pretty close to an elite pash rusher when lined up at DE, he's an average SAM, at best.

However, if they didn't move Kiwi back to DE with both Tuck and Osi out against the Skins - its not gonna happen.[/quote]

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the topic....

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

I like the guy, as a person and as a player and I love to see more of him on the field, but he's at his best when his hand is in the ground on 3rd down.

Comment

I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.[/quote]

This. We are being unfair.

I think the late great comedian mitch hedburg addressed a similar situation:

You know im a comedian, and so people come up to me and say, oh your a comedian. Can you write? Write us a script?
            Thats not fair man. Thats like you worked your arse off being a great chef, you know really slaved away at it, and somebody comes up and says oh your a great cook, can you farm?

Comment

We are't but I'm pretty sure Reese and company are. It's pathetic really. He is a great DE being wasted. Did he even play last week?

Comment

[quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.[/quote]

You know im a comedian, and so people come up to me and say, oh your a comedian. Can you write? Write us a script?
                Thats not fair man. Thats like you worked your arse off being a great chef, you know really slaved away at it, and somebody comes up and says oh your a great cook, can you farm?

[/quote]In all honesty, it's nobody but Kiwi's fault and Kiwi's fault alone. I would never had accepted that role, especially when I know I got what it takes to be a great DE in the league.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

[/quote]In all honesty, it's nobody but Kiwi's fault and Kiwi's fault alone. I would never had accepted that role, especially when I know I got what it takes to be a great DE in the league.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.[/quote]

Do you fault steve smith for leaving?

Comment

[quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.[/quote]

Do you fault steve smith for leaving?
                    [/quote]I don't fault Smith, Cofield or Boss for leaving. The NFL is a business and teams will release an injured player at the drop of a dime. I just felt that Smith could've found a better team to go play for.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

Has it ever occurred to any of us that they may be extending his playing life but not making him put his hand in the dirt which puts more pressure on his neck? His versatility is what makes him valuable to the team. He understands his role and we're a better team for it.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

Has it ever occurred to any of us that they may be extending his playing life but not making him put his hand in the dirt which puts more pressure on his neck?* His versatility is what makes him valuable to the team.* He understands his role and we're a better team for it.
                        [/quote]They would've tried to sell me that story and all they would've saw after that was the back of my shirt. I could go heal my neck and play the position I got drafted to play on another team.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

Has it ever occurred to any of us that they may be extending his playing life but not making him put his hand in the dirt which puts more pressure on his neck? His versatility is what makes him valuable to the team. He understands his role and we're a better team for it.
                          [/quote]They would've tried to sell me that story and all they would've saw after that was the back of my shirt. I could go heal my neck and play the position I got drafted to play on another team.[/quote]

Do you think he's the first player to be asked to play a different position and do it successfully? Do you also not think he's the biggest beneficiary of not having to put extra stress on his cervical collar.

He is not being punished.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

[/quote]

Maybe, but unlikely. There are always things going on that we cant see. What we can see is that he was pretty darn effective at DE. I dont think we have seen that at the LB position.

And isnt the biggest threat to his neck, freakin hitting people. Like big running backs or TE getting to that second level?

Comment

[quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

[/quote]

Maybe, but unlikely. There are always things going on that we cant see. What we can see is that he was pretty darn effective at DE. I dont think we have seen that at the LB position.

And isnt the biggest threat to his neck, freakin hitting people. Like big running backs or TE getting to that second level?
                              [/quote]

Since they cleared him to play, I don't know if there is a single concern dealing with hits. I do know, having had 85% of my disc at C4-5 removed, that having to lean forward and look up puts a lot of pressure on the cervical spine. He is probably extending his playing life by not having to do that. Does that figure into their thinking, I have no idea. He was asked to switch before he was injured and he's done a decent enough job for them to rely on his continuing to play there.

There was a recent article in which Kiwanuka was asked about playing at DE if Tuck can't go and he said no, to let Tollefson get his turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X