Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this 49ers team remind you of the 2000 ravens team that dominated us?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this 49ers team remind you of the 2000 ravens team that dominated us?

I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position. However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots. Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league. IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better? Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning. I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.

I hope this team proves me wrong...

Re: Does this 49ers team remind you of the 2000 ravens team that dominated us?

That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.

Comment

[quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby

Comment

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby[/quote]

Oh, their D is great, don't get me wrong. I am just saying the Ravens of 2000 was on another level.

Comment

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

49ers are giving up an average of 16 pts per game. They gave up 210pts in the regular season..Not too shabby[/quote]

They gave up 32 last week; 20 when they played us last.

They are not playoff tested. We are. They have a rookie head coach. One that is not aware of how this playoff tournament plays out. Coughlin does.

I'm not saying we're going to walk away with this one. But I am saying we have the leadership to make this a win without thinking twice.

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

They gave up 32 last week; 20 when they played us last.

They are not playoff tested. We are. They have a rookie head coach. One that is not aware of how this playoff tournament plays out. Coughlin does.

I'm not saying we're going to walk away with this one. But I am saying we have the leadership to make this a win without thinking twice.[/quote]

Gave up 32 pts against the best offence in recent memory..And half those pts came in the last four minutes with Drew Brees throwing 63 times..I'll take that. Don't give me that playoff tested junk, The Saints were two years removed from the Super Bowl, I'd say they were playoff tested...If you were so playoff tested then how come your team has been playoff dormant since 2008? Get outta here with that one.

Comment

I think its a 50/50 game. Obviously we can debate the merits but what it will come down to is who shows up and wants it ore come this Sunday. I know i'm nervous and excited.

Concern for me is not the 9ers D so much a s the Giants offense and Tynes. A lot of our points have come on deep throws, and the 9ers will surely look to take that away. So can our run game and kicker earn us points? We are weak in the red zone. It remains to be seen.

Comment

[quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

has anyone ever been as dominate on run defense as the 49ers though? THey played a bunch of games this season without the best linebacker in the league and still gave up only 1 rushing td and that was on an extremely short field!

They only allowed 12 points per game and again that was with willis out for 5 games or so.

Not to mention the 49ers clearly have a better offense. After all that ravens team won a bunch of games soley on fgs and went like 3 games without a td...

Comment

[quote user="Sheli4life"]I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position. However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots. Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league. IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better? Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning. I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.

[/quote]

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.

Comment

[quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]I think its a 50/50 game. Obviously we can debate the merits but what it will come down to is who shows up and wants it ore come this Sunday. I know i'm nervous and excited.

Concern for me is not the 9ers D so much a s the Giants offense and Tynes. A lot of our points have come on deep throws, and the 9ers will surely look to take that away. So can our run game and kicker earn us points? We are weak in the red zone. It remains to be seen.[/quote]

Look I will be the first to admit that the 49ers offence doesn't shed fear in the eyes of their oppenents..It's pretty vanila...They just don't make many mistakes and have a defence to keep the game within a score late in the fourth so all it takes is a mistake by either team late in the game and somebody is packing their bags....Simple as that..There is no clear dominant team in this matchup..period. The AFC title game is another question...Brady should torch those old farts on defence.

Comment

[quote user="Sheli4life"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]That Ravens team gave up only 10 points a game the whole regular season. It was defensive dominance the likes of which is rarely ever seen.[/quote]

has anyone ever been as dominate on run defense as the 49ers though? THey played a bunch of games this season without the best linebacker in the league and still gave up only 1 rushing td and that was on an extremely short field!

They only allowed 12 points per game and again that was with willis out for 5 games or so.

Not to mention the 49ers clearly have a better offense. After all that ravens team won a bunch of games soley on fgs and went like 3 games without a td...
                      [/quote]

No comparison between the 49ers and Ravens.

Comment

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]I think its a 50/50 game. Obviously we can debate the merits but what it will come down to is who shows up and wants it ore come this Sunday. I know i'm nervous and excited.

Concern for me is not the 9ers D so much a s the Giants offense and Tynes. A lot of our points have come on deep throws, and the 9ers will surely look to take that away. So can our run game and kicker earn us points? We are weak in the red zone. It remains to be seen.[/quote]

Look I will be the first to admit that the 49ers offence doesn't shed fear in the eyes of their oppenents..It's pretty vanila...They just don't make many mistakes and have a defence to keep the game within a score late in the fourth so all it takes is a mistake by either team late in the game and somebody is packing their bags....Simple as that..There is no clear dominant team in this matchup..period. The AFC title game is another question...Brady should torch those old farts on defence. .[/quote]Also, to answer your question about the best way to get some throws on SF secondary is to go deep. They have been torched on some bombs downfield. The Cowboys OT game, Larry Fitzgerald, and the New Orleans TE last weekend..The latter of the two were the bad play of the defender not wrapping up the receiver and instead tried going for the pick

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Sheli4life"]I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position. However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots. Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league. IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better? Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning. I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.

[/quote]

If the Saints held on to the ball, they would have hung about 45 points on the 49ers.

[/quote]
                          no disrespect but we aren't the saints offense.

Comment

[quote user="Sheli4life"]I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position.* However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots.* Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league.* IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better?* Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning.* I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.*

[/quote]

first off, ur an obvious troll. we got no problems here when other fans come on here and are respectful no matter what there view may be.

second, the fact u said the patriots wooped us in 2000 makes it clear u arent a giants fan as it was the ravens who messed us up.

ANY giant fan knows that.

oh, and "sheli" is twice the qb of alex smith and mike vick.

u still arent sold on him yet?? well then ur just not only a troll, but a moron tard.

cant wait for sunday when we win and these 9er trolls disappear.

9ers fans have now tied the philly fans for most disrespectful and lame

Comment

[quote user="Sheli4life"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Sheli4life"]I like the way we are playing this right now and especially Sheli's amazing run as of late at the qb position.* However I'm very worried the nfc championship game could be a repeat of our 2000 beatdown by the patriots.* Look at what the 49ers did last week against the best offense in the history of the league.* IF thye picked off drew brees a few times and forced 5 turnovers against such a disciplined saints team how can we ever expect the up and down sheli to do any better?* Call me a hater but I still don't believe in sheli manning.* I'm predicting a blowout by the 49ers.*

[/quote]

[/quote]
                              no disrespect but we aren't the saints offense.
                              [/quote]

If the Giants turn the ball over like the Saints did, I don'[t think anyone will question that the 9es will win.

Comment

Working...
                              X