Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coin Toss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coin Toss

    All year long when the 49ers win the toss they elect to kick off as they like their defense on the field first to try and set the tone. If the Giants win the toss, should they elect to defer, and try and let THEIR defense set the tone, and perhaps throw the Niners off their routine?

  • #2
    Re: Coin Toss

    I always prefer deferring.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Coin Toss

      I ALWAYS prefer to defer. I do
      not like allowing the opposing team the possibility of scoring 14 points before
      we get the ball back. I also thinks it gives our offense a chance to see how
      the flow of the game is going.


      But there is something to be
      said for a big, 6+ minute opening drive that leads to points like it did in GB.
      We set a good tone for the game and never looked back. Ultimately I think we
      have to do what we do, and not go out of character to try and play to another
      teams weakness. So we'll prob take the ball first.


      Unless the weather is crazy and
      we want the wind at our backs or something.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Coin Toss

        I agree. First of all, this game I think our defense is more likely to make an initial statement if it takes the field first. Secondly, I like getting the ball to start the 2nd half.


        Do not feed the trolls.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Coin Toss

          Kick it, this game might be a defensive battle, I rather get the ball at the 2nd half

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Coin Toss

            Can Joe Montana and Leonard Marshall be the honorary captains hahahahaha.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Coin Toss

              I like to defer, mainly because 7-8 times out of ten your first offensive possession is more of a feeling out anyways and usually ends with a punt. I'd rather start the 2nd half with the ball after making adjustments. But I don't think it's a huge deal either way.

              Comment


              • #8
                I LOVE that Coughlin always wants to start the game on offense...genius!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Duke_45 View Post
                  I LOVE that Coughlin always wants to start the game on offense...genius!
                  Yes, if we chose to kick off first , the o Line would've been able to block. You should be coach, you have it all figured out.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                    Yes, if we chose to kick off first , the o Line would've been able to block. You should be coach, you have it all figured out.
                    The game today must really put your faith in having the opposition getting the ball to start the second half, Let's see. score with 7 seconds left in the first half, and then, oh I don't know, just for kicks and giggles, let them score to start the second half.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Duke_45 View Post
                      The game today must really put your faith in having the opposition getting the ball to start the second half, Let's see. score with 7 seconds left in the first half, and then, oh I don't know, just for kicks and giggles, let them score to start the second half.
                      And starting on defense today would have changed what?? You watched this mess today, and this is what you came away with? Really?
                      #80

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X