This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just chill with the Eli crap already

Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli? It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

Eli is playing great ball right now. EVERYONE can see it.

And EVERY Giants fan hopes it continues all season.

BUT, we know our team has struggled down the stretch more times than not so let's allow those a little slack if they are feeling a little skepticism as we watch this season unfold.

But realize this. If Eli takes us through the entire season and into the playoffs at this level no one can say he hasn't arrived and everyone will be looking forward to see what we can do next year.

So can we just chill with the Eli crap?
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Re: Just chill with the Eli crap already

don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli? It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

BUT, we know our team has struggled down the stretch more times than not so let's allow those a little slack if they are feeling a little skepticism as we watch this season unfold.

But realize this. If Eli takes us through the entire season and into the playoffs at this level no one can say he hasn't arrived and everyone will be looking forward to see what we can do next year.

[/quote]

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there.

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.

Comment

...as you create a new post about eli.

Comment

somethiing tells me if eli has a bad game, u wold be the first person riling **** up, as yo have done in the past.

so now that eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him, we should suddenly chill?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli" and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

something tells me you don't make the rules around here. i am all for people posting whatever they like, it leads to debates.

if u dont want to debate giants issues, maybe ur in the wrong place.

just my honest opinion

Comment

Someone should just make a sticky 'Discuss Eli Manning' thread. That way there won't be a billion threads that all devolve into the same 4-5 people discussing the exact same things over and over.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Are some of you really that desperate to hear praise for Eli? It seems every 3 or 4 threads there is some looking for some sort of confirmation of his play.

[/quote]

I understand your thoughts on this, but if Eli gets us into the playoffs, I doubt it will change the minds of the Eli haters out there.

After all, Eli is a Super Bowl MVP, and some people talk about him likehe's Ryan Leaf, which brings the Eli supporters out to defend him....wash, rinse, repeat.

[/quote]

Or the Eli lovers.... God I hate these gay *** terms. No one here who is a Giants fan Hates Eli. I dont hate him. I think he is a nice guy. Heis justisnt ELITE.End of story. Eli lover boy. lol

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]somethiing tells me if eli has a bad game, u wold be the first person riling **** up, as yo have done in the past.

so now that eli's play is leaving no stone unturned to make sure there is no way to rag on him, we should suddenly chill?

so now its, according to ur posts, "no one can rag on anyone besides eli" and "we can't be happy and post how awesome eli has been playing"

something tells me you don't make the rules around here. i am all for people posting whatever they like, it leads to debates.

if u dont want to debate giants issues, maybe ur in the wrong place.

just my honest opinion[/quote]

I honestly feel as though a few people on this MB would actually be HAPPIER with a game that Eli underperformed in, just so they have something to talk about on this MB. I know it can't actually be that way, but I ALWAYS get that vibe here.

Comment

As said Eli won a SB MVP. He already outplayed Garcia, Romo, Favre and Brady in the Playoffs and SB. He already Qbed the greatest upset in SB history so I think its safe to assume that no matter what kinda of season he has he'll still get hate and then the consistency talk will just switch from "I wish he'd play better in November and December" to "He's inconsistent until he does it multiple seasons in a row"

There will always be something to complain about because its not his play that was ever the problem..Its a number of other reasons that will never change.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="hnicks2010"]don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.[/quote]

This thread is VERY necessary.

Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense. No one hates Eli. When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.

But youEli defendersjust can't leave it there. It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".

It always has to be over the top. It never stops.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="hnicks2010"]don't complain about unnecessary threads and then make one.[/quote]

*Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense.** No one hates Eli.* When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.

But you*Eli defenders*just can't leave it there.* It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.

It has to be "What does Eli have to do to say he's elite" and "Eli is the Tom Brady of the NFC".

It always has to be over the top.* It never stops.

[/quote]

so people making posts saying eli is playing elite is not them enjoying the win? lmfao.

i think the only people who aren't enjoying the win are u and rosie bc eli is getting a ton of well deserve praise.

i dont know if u rnt enjoying the win, but ur post seems to indicate that bc of the praise eli is getting, you can't enjoy the win...lmfao

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

*Can we please enjoy a win for God's sake?

The whole "You Eli haters don't give Eli enough credit" crap is nonsense.** No one hates Eli.* When he plays well as he is now, he will get plenty of credit from me.

But you*Eli defenders*just can't leave it there.* It has to be over the top which starts stupid arguments.

It always has to be over the top.* It never stops.

[/quote]

How is a thread telling people to stop celebrating Eli's success enjoying a win? People saying that Eli is great, perhaps elite ARE enjoying the game. They're just more hyped about good play than you are.

Get the sand out of your vagina and enjoy a game and Eli's good play. And if you see someone saying "ELI IS ELITE DD" let it happen, as misguided as you think they may be. This thread is completely useless and it was extremely hypocritical to even post it.

Comment

The forum is full of people who aren't all there mentally. The elevator doesn't go to the top floor where the light bulb is.

I bet you're one of them btw. Crying after any loss labeling the season as a bust because of one game.

You need to relax man, same as those people you're pointing a finger at right now.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eli is a SP winning MVP that had a down & up year in 2007 and has continued (until now) to be up & down.

Consistency is key. If he is consistent this year I believe he will earn the respect that a number of his fans so desperately crave.
                            Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I would submit that 90% of the arguments here about Eli start with some guy who calls people Eli haters and talks about how Eli is an "elite" QB.

They always start with the Eli defenders taking it way to far.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X