Brandon Jacobs IS SOFT!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Jacobs IS SOFT!!!

I have written this before , a 6'4 265LB man should run harder than Jacobs does. RUN through the friggin line, dont studder step and take it the outside. there are no more Campbells,bettis, hell even a Natrone Means...Bradshaw runs harder.

Re: Brandon Jacobs IS SOFT!!!

The best HBs in the NFL are the ones who are patient and wait to hit holes instead of running into the backside of their offensive linemen.

Jacobs has more of an issue with balance than being "soft".

Higher center of gravity = less balance to begin with.

Thats why lower guys can run with more power. Low man wins.

Jacobs trys to get low, then stumbles and falls foward.

Comment

to be fair i've seen jacobs run hard into the line plenty of times, he usually plows right into his own o-linemen's back because they create no holes. also there's plenty of times he smashed right into the line when he should have bounced it outside.

Comment

Jerry Rice said Jacobs is SOFT........Jacobs replied....Let him try and Tackle me.........
        "GO GIANTS"

Comment

Really? He is soft. A patient runner? Im sorry I have a 265Lb RB I will tell him to destroy whoever is in his way. He does not have the speed to bounce outside runs, and he does run hard when he is called out then the next game he gets tripped up by a CB. awesome! He should be a pounder not a patient runner. Sorry that is just me. We have our speed, he should be our punisher. who cares if he only lasts 5,6,7 years his job is to run over people. Like I said Earl Campbell ran like the defense slapped his mother everydown. I care less what happens after there carrers are over...millions of dollars paid, do it consistently. Bye Bye Jacobs. It might sound like Im not a fan but I just expect more from players.

Comment

I'm not saying this as a Niner fan, but as a FF player as well.

I have to say, Jacobs has always seemed like a little big man to me. Runs to upright. I always thought he could make better use of his size.

2 pennies....

Comment

BJ needs a larger opening to run through than Bradshaw does.

Comment

Ask Terence Newman how soft Jacobs is.

Comment

[quote user="TheCatchIII"]* Runs to upright.* [/quote]

Thats because hes 6'4.... Hard to run small when you are the tallest HB in the league.

Comment

Newname weighs 100Lbs less than jacobs. He should be running him over. The guy weighs as much or even more than some DE in the league. I have played with big guys and im not a big man..5'9" 225Lbs when i played but it seems like a team should not draft running backs that are 6'4" they are too tall...I've seen it ..they cant get low enough. what a waste. Low man does win I broke more tackles than the other BIG men.

Comment

[quote user="elitime"]Newname weighs 100Lbs less than jacobs. He should be running him over. The guy weighs as much or even more than some DE in the league. I have played with big guys and im not a big man..5'9" 225Lbs when i played but it seems like a team should not draft running backs that are 6'4" they are too tall...I've seen it ..they cant get low enough. what a waste. Low man does win I broke more tackles than the other BIG men.[/quote]

Considering Jacobs has had a couple 1000 yard seasons, and has been pretty damn productive... I would think you are wrong.

Could a shorter Jacobs be even more productive? Probably, but he cant get shorter.

Comment

[quote user="elitime"]Newname weighs 100Lbs less than jacobs. He should be running him over. The guy weighs as much or even more than some DE in the league. I have played with big guys and im not a big man..5'9" 225Lbs when i played but it seems like a team should not draft running backs that are 6'4" they are too tall...I've seen it ..they cant get low enough. what a waste. Low man does win I broke more tackles than the other BIG men.[/quote]

How'd Eric ****erson do ?

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]The best HBs in the NFL are the ones who are patient and wait to hit holes instead of running into the backside of their offensive linemen.

Jacobs has more of an issue with balance than being "soft".

Higher center of gravity = less balance to begin with.

Thats why lower guys can run with more power. Low man wins.

Jacobs trys to get low, then stumbles and falls foward.[/quote]

you have to admit though, sometimes he is patient but the holes arent there at times so he gets to be too patient back there =\

Comment

It'd be funny if, in a twisted world everybody who says stuff like, " He's soft..", " He's gotta run harder..", be made to line-up against the guy.

You're right ashma, ask Terrence Newman...

my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

[quote user="DEgiants89"]

you have to admit though, sometimes he is patient but the holes arent there at times so he gets to be too patient back there =\[/quote]

Hes been better lately about just taking the 2 or so yards he can get when there is no hole to run through.

Comment

Working...
                              X