Word On The Street In Boston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Word On The Street In Boston

I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.

Comment

[quote user="Dorothy"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote]Down with that. I want the one that got away.[/quote] From another Giants fan that lives in Pats country, they want revenge more than anything. Don't know if Brady is too anxious to meet our defense again, but the fans do, they are thinking of our defense from mid season. GOOOOOOO GIANTS[/quote]

Oh, when we beat them in Foxboro 24-20?

Comment

+ 1

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.[/quote]

wow. thats a STAT i didnt know. You would think that with 14 wins their would have been someone with a winning record. WOW.

I know they lost to 3 with winning records.

Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42.

Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran.

If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote]

Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy.

Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen.[/quote]

Good point....most of the Pats fans I come across are the type of fans that don't know who the coach was before Belichik. Many of the REAL pats fans, like my father-in-law, want no part of the Giants because they are afraid they can't beat them.
            I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="TuckYou"]I wouldnt bet on them getting past the Ravens. Pats havent beat a team with a winning record all season.[/quote]

wow. thats a STAT i didnt know. You would think that with 14 wins their would have been someone with a winning record. WOW.

[/quote]

Remember that the AFC East is notoriously weak and that Pats have actually gotten fat and gotten alot of homefield advantage in the playoffs historically due to this fact.

Bills, Jets, Dolphins TWICE A YEAR and Brady's had that luxury throughout it career.

The jets have been decent maybe 4 out of the last 10 years

Maybe even less frequent for the Dolphins (Who have managed to beat the Pats a few times)

And the bills have been terrible since like 94. With the exeption being one season with Doug Flutie at QB and that was Prior to Brady.

When the Pats sent Buffalo Bledsoe the team actually got worse.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

They played the AFC West and i am sure when they played the 4 they all were either at or below .500. Dolphins started out 0-7 so both those games Miami was below .500. Bills were below .400 2nd time. I think the first time they played Bills started out hot. they beat the pats and when we played them they were 4-1. so that may be the one glitch but Bill stunk to end year. Jets had to be at or above .500 at least one of the their games vs Pats? Washington and Philly both were under .500. Not sure about Dallas. The 2 odd games were PITT loss and Indy which was under .500.

SO i guess you could very well be on the button.

After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote] Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy. Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen.[/quote] Good point....most of the Pats fans I come across are the type of fans that don't know who the coach was before Belichik. Many of the REAL pats fans, like my father-in-law, want no part of the Giants because they are afraid they can't beat them.[/quote]

THIS

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Some ***** at the bar last night in Portland had his AFC East Champions shirt on he bought at the gas station. Your typical Pat fan right there. They think they're playing Saturday night again this week.

Comment

SF gave up 32 points to NO at home and the team needed its offense to score in the final seconds of the game to take the lead.

The fact of the matter is what is there to fear about this defense? Regular season stats are meaningless in the postseason. I can accept that the Niners offense (namely Smith & Davis) are coming out of that game very confident, but see little reason for their overall defense to be proud of their performance. They didn't win the game, their offense did.

The Giants are executing in all phases of the game. I am particularly looking for some good play from our Punter and ST for Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="giantmainea80"]Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Some ***** at the bar last night in Portland had his AFC East Champions shirt on he bought at the gas station. Your typical Pat fan right there. They think they're playing Saturday night again this week.[/quote]

Pats fans are bar none THE MOST annoying fans in the universe.

You would think that Belichick, Brady and Welker were the Triune God. (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit)

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

They played the AFC West and i am sure when they played the 4 they all were either at or below .500. Dolphins started out 0-7 so both those games Miami was below .500. Bills were below .400 2nd time. I think the first time they played Bills started out hot. they beat the pats and when we played them they were 4-1. so that may be the one glitch but Bill stunk to end year. Jets had to be at or above .500 at least one of the their games vs Pats? Washington and Philly both were under .500. Not sure about Dallas. The 2 odd games were PITT loss and Indy which was under .500.

SO i guess you could very well be on the button.

[/quote]

WINS-

(2) Jets 8-8
                          (2) Broncos 8-8
                          Cowboys 8-8
                          Eagles 8-8
                          Chargers 8-8
                          Raiders 8-8
                          Chiefs 7-9
                          (2)Dolphins 6-10
                          Bills 6-10
                          Redskins 5-11
                          Colts 2-14

LOSES-

Giants 9-7
                          @Steelers 12-4
                          @Bills 6-10

FEEDING OFF THE GARBAGE. Ravens will beat the Patriots.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="giantmainea80"]Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Some ***** at the bar last night in Portland had his AFC East Champions shirt on he bought at the gas station. Your typical Pat fan right there. They think they're playing Saturday night again this week.[/quote]

You would think that Belichick, Brady and Welker were the Triune God. (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit)[/quote]

They have already forgot about Welker. It's all about this Gronkosky, err Grunskowsky guy.

Funny, no one said **** about my Giants gear on last night.

Comment

[quote user="giantmainea80"][quote user="burier"][quote user="giantmainea80"]Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

You would think that Belichick, Brady and Welker were the Triune God. (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit)[/quote]

They have already forgot about Welker. It's all about this Gronkosky, err Grunskowsky guy.

Funny, no one said **** about my Giants gear on last night.[/quote]

Yeah the beef over the Giants gear has died down alot.

For about a year after the Sb I'd have to make a concious decision about weather to wear my gear in public or not because I knew at the very least I'd get some Pats fan wanting to talk about the game.

One guy told me he thought God reached down and held the ball to Tyree's helmet.

And you're right Growncowskivitch or whatever has definately overtaken Welker

Comment

[quote user="giantmainea80"][quote user="burier"][quote user="giantmainea80"]Salivating at the oppertunity to see what Eli & Co. could do to the Cheatriots secondary. The secondary that set records this year in yds allowed.

Funny, no one said **** about my Giants gear on last night.[/quote]

You'd be more apt to get a "YANKEES SUCK!" thrown your way when wearing Giants gear then anything else in the Boston area.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X