Word On The Street In Boston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word On The Street In Boston

So I've been checking the temperature of the fans here in Boston and the overwhelming feeling is though most fans are very confident that they'll beat Baltimore but they want no part of the Giants.

They're hoping the west coast trip will wear us out and the 9ers will eek into the Superbowl setting up a Pats SB Victory.

I have noticed that some of the more fairweather fans here are rooting for the Giants so that they can get a rematch but the more knowledgable fans recongize that the Giants are a matchup nightmare for the Pats as a pressured Brady is a pedestrian Brady.

Patriots fans fear the Giants.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Word On The Street In Boston

i work with a real smack talking Pats fan in the office.

after last week, he noticed that even though they beat the snot out of denver, they were still able to run the ball on them until they had to start airing it out.

they're really really worried about their defense.

and all QBs are bothered by pass rush, but brady seems more bothered than most.

i'd still rather face baltimore than the Pats, but they're still beatable.

sigpic

Comment

I'm fully confident if we get by the 49ers we will smash who ever we play.
      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces[/quote]how is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?
          Peace,
          DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

hit it once but posted 3 times....delete,
            Peace,
            DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces[/quote]how is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Comment

I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42.

Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran.

If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.
                I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

Bak-bak-bak chicken

Comment

[quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote]Down with that. I want the one that got away.

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces[/quote]how is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?[/quote]

I think it would still be a bad matchup for them. Patriots are unusually reliant on YAC, which you don't get as much of against a fast, solid, hard hitting defense.

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces[/quote]how is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?[/quote]

I think it would still be a bad matchup for them. Patriots are unusually reliant on YAC, which you don't get as much of against a fast, solid, hard hitting defense.[/quote]

Thank you

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Boston rather play the 49ers? They are stupid if they think they'll win the SB against the 49ers, the 49ers defense would murk that offense to pieces[/quote]how is that, w/a 16 rated defense vs the strength of a pass happy pats team?[/quote]

I think the stats should only include the playoff games at this point. It all about how the teams are playing now....not how they played over a 16 game season. I can't prove it of course, but I have a feeling that the niners and Giants defenses are playing better than 16 rank.

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42. Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran. If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote]Down with that. I want the one that got away.[/quote]

From another Giants fan that lives in Pats country, they want revenge more than anything.
                            Don't know if Brady is too anxious to meet our defense again, but the fans do, they are thinking of our defense from mid season.

GOOOOOOO GIANTS

Comment

[quote user="Providence"]I live in Pats country too. I am hearing a lot of the opposite actually. Most fans I speak with want to play us and avenge Superbowl 42.

Whether we win or San Fran wins on Sunday I think the NFC is bringing home the Lombardi trophy this year. Honestly, I don't think New Enlgand is going to get past Baltimore, but if they do, I can't seem them taking out us or San Fran.

If we are to beat San Fran, which is going to difficult to begin with, I personally don't want to play the Pats. I want revenge for Superbowl 35.[/quote]

Yeah I'm definately hearing the revenge stuff but from what I can tell the more knowlegable (Or less knowlegable, who knows) fans aren't all that confident that this years Pats team is built to avenge SB42 and would rather just get outta town with the trophy.

Its hard for me to even discuss what will happen if the 9ers come out as I know that won't happen.
                              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X