If Gilbride gets a Head Coaching job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Gilbride gets a Head Coaching job

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I like gilbride the past 3-4 weeks, other than that he's very inconsistent and he scares the hell out of me.

I think we can be on a whole new level with a new OC, someone who is actually more consistent.[/quote]

I can't think of a more consistant OC in the NFL.

If anything that's his really only knock.

That and I hear there are players involved at some point in the offense.[/quote]

Consistent in calling shotgun draws?

There were many games where the play-calling was horrendous[/quote]

Yeah damn those shot gun draws. They only got us a few 2 point converts and a few third downs... but they dont work always so Gilbride is a terrible OC.

sadly this is the logic of most giants fans these days..
    [/quote]

Lol, okay I'm glad they worked recently, but please tell me you LOVE the shotgun draws on 3rd and long....

Or wait, 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, and they don't run the backs?

Come on please. You just love gilbride because of how awesome we're doing now, and SO DO I... but I'm not going to sit here and let that shadow the fact that his play-calling was ignorant throughout.

Comment

Fassel

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I like gilbride the past 3-4 weeks, other than that he's very inconsistent and he scares the hell out of me.

I think we can be on a whole new level with a new OC, someone who is actually more consistent.[/quote]

That and I hear there are players involved at some point in the offense.[/quote]

Yeah damn those shot gun draws. They only got us a few 2 point converts and a few third downs... but they dont work always so Gilbride is a terrible OC.

[/quote]

Lol, okay I'm glad they worked recently, but please tell me you LOVE the shotgun draws on 3rd and long....

Come on please. You just love gilbride because of how awesome we're doing now, and SO DO I... but I'm not going to sit here and let that shadow the fact that his play-calling was ignorant throughout.[/quote]

Ive actually been one of his few supporters all year. A play caller doesnt suddenly turn "bad" or "good" he is what he is.

No matter what way you look at it, Gilbride is arguably the best OC the Giants ever had and Manning and the rest of the offence love his play calling.

The draw works and it doesnt work, just like any other play. Its there to keep defences honest when we are having troubles running the ball in run heavy sets. No I do not have a problem with the draw at all.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I like gilbride the past 3-4 weeks, other than that he's very inconsistent and he scares the hell out of me.

[/quote]

Come on please. You just love gilbride because of how awesome we're doing now, and SO DO I... but I'm not going to sit here and let that shadow the fact that his play-calling was ignorant throughout.[/quote]

Ive actually been one of his few supporters all year. A play caller doesnt suddenly turn "bad" or "good" he is what he is.

No matter what way you look at it, Gilbride is arguably the best OC the Giants ever had and Manning and the rest of the offence love his play calling.

The draw works and it doesnt work, just like any other play. Its there to keep defences honest when we are having troubles running the ball in run heavy sets. No I do not have a problem with the draw at all.
          [/quote]

OK, I don't either, agree to disagree then

Comment

[quote user="FiremanBob"]Fassel[/quote]

Would never happen. Not in a million years. The media circus that would ensue would be a terrible distraction. I'd be all for stealing someone off of the Saints staff or eventhe Patriots staff though.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Peyton retires and becomes the Giant new OC

Comment

Working...
              X