X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theyregood
    started a topic Vernon Davis will be a decoy this Sunday

Vernon Davis will be a decoy this Sunday

he will be double or triple covered opening up Crabtree and other WR as well as Gore.

• SackingMyths
    replied
    Re: Vernon Davis will be a decoy this Sunday

I'm trying to figure out how this guy is getting under so many of your guys' skin...

His arguments are about as well thought out and logical as this:

http://tinyurl.com/Stoooopid9ersfan

Cannot imagine that we're dealing with someone over 15 years old. If I'm wrong, then that's even sadder.

Leave a comment:

• rick5292
    replied

[quote user="theyregood"][quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="theyregood"]
    if you dont think triple teams dont exist, then fine with me.[/quote]

You can think all sorts of things exist in your alternate reality. Have fun with that.[/quote]

You wouldnt be a good football defensive coach. lol[/quote]

And you would?[/quote]

Good football defensive coaches create different looking defensive formations and coverages to confuse the QB.

You can try triple teaming a player, one play, and then make it look like youre goin to do the same, then make them drop back into a zone.

its all chess play,

if you dont take advantage of that, then a really good QB can burn your D.

thats why you show different looks against an O to keep the QB guessing what to do,

thats why defenses like 3-4 are always ends up as the best D in then NFL because it is very versatile and you can do a lot of different looks with it which confuses the O.[/quote]

And....you never answered the question so I will answer it for you: NO

Leave a comment:

• TroyArcher
    replied

Good luck with Crabtree or should I call him hands of stone. The Giants have three top notch WR's so good luck focusing on one. By the way he will not be triple covered. You are truly delusional.

Leave a comment:

• FIFTY6G-MAN
    replied

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="theyregood"] if you dont think triple teams dont exist, then fine with me.[/quote] You can think all sorts of things exist in your alternate reality. Have fun with that.[/quote] You wouldnt be a good football defensive coach. lol[/quote] And you would?[/quote] Good football defensive coaches create different looking defensive formations and coverages to confuse the QB. You can try triple teaming a player, one play, and then make it look like youre goin to do the same, then make them drop back into a zone. its all chess play, if you dont take advantage of that, then a really good QB can burn your D. thats why you show different looks against an O to keep the QB guessing what to do, thats why defenses like 3-4 are always ends up as the best D in then NFL because it is very versatile and you can do a lot of different looks with it which confuses the O.[/quote] well then we'll be fine bc we're going against alex smith and he isn't a good qb imo. certainly not worried about him burning our defense AT ALL. but the OP isnt that far off. triple teams can happen. example, osi, jpp and tuck ALL OVER alex "more ints than td's" smith[/quote]AWESOME!!!!!![B][B][B]

Leave a comment:

• NorCalSports
    replied

Vernon is always a focus by the defense. Whether he is doubled covered or not, where he usually makes a big impact is with his blocking which is excpeptional. If Walker is back, Giants will have to ensure he is covered as well as he can impact a game like he did last time against the Gants. Crabtree had a bad game last week with the drops, but still is the best receiver on the team. The Noners will need to have Williams step up at the other WR position and you might see them throwing more to RBs. There are lots of possibilities and only Roman and harbaugh whowill make the decision will know. Niners rushing had greater success in the second half (and Gore will be back ahealthy) so I hink they adjusted to the run blitz, but Giants will probably change thing up as well. it is a chess match.

Going to be interesting to see what both teams do to limit their respective weapons. On passing, the pass rush will be the great equalizer. It will be interesting to see what both teams do as far as adjusting to each others excellent pass rushe. A good rushing attack can equalize that, so how well each team can run the ball will be big. Both teams don'tr blitz much on pass, so it may be a straight up battle.

Leave a comment:

• bflo23
    replied

[quote user="theyregood"][quote user="bflo23"][quote user="theyregood"]one more day left i cant wait for the game![/quote]

You must be hungry. There will be plenty of crow for you to eat tomorrow after all your trash talking. But you will disappear right?
    [/quote]

what happens if they lose, you going to disappear?[/quote]

I will be here but we all know you will disappear. You said Smith will throw like Montana with pinpoint accuracy?! I don't think real 49er fans are calling Smith... Joe Montana. I can't wait until tomorrow. With all your trash talking, I am not even sure you are even a 49er troll. You may be just a Giant hating Cowboy troll with nothing better to do.

Leave a comment:

• theyregood
    replied

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="theyregood"]one more day left i cant wait for the game![/quote]

You must be hungry. There will be plenty of crow for you to eat tomorrow after all your trash talking. But you will disappear right?
    [/quote]

what happens if they lose, you going to disappear?

Leave a comment:

• bflo23
    replied

[quote user="theyregood"]one more day left i cant wait for the game![/quote]

Leave a comment:

• theyregood
    replied

one more day left i cant wait for the game!

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied

I'm not one who care much for **** talking ortrying to figure outwhats going to happen...So I won't be throwing any stats at ya ....I plain and simple like our chancesour boys are playing some damn good football these days.. they keep it up comeSunday they win...nothing against you and your teammy friend but that's just the way I see it could be wrong....whileI would prefer better weather for the game.. it goes both ways.. but thanks for the update.....Go Giants

Leave a comment:

• bearbryant
    replied

Yeh, so, 9ers will make their best receiver a decoy. LOL That might work for ONE play but not a game plan, sparky!

Anyway, thought I'd retort a few of the misleading statements made in this post. 1- Even though we were not running the ball very well back at that part of the season, both AB and BJ9 especially) ran very nicely in our last game and we'll do better Sunday. Did you guys even know who Ware was? 2- We sent gore to the pine in the last game; he was no help in the game and same thing will be done to him Sunday. 3- The only reason why the Giants lost the last game inSF was because of T.O.'s that will not happen again, we will not beat ourselves Sunday.Eli has been our rock and he will be rocking Sunday. I hope that you all have been watching the NEW Giant Defense: their all healthy, all knowing and just want to rattle the hell out of the QB across the LOS from them..., And they're very good at it, too. Not to mention our secondary which has tightened up the field on everyone in the Playoffs. Whether its dry or wet, sunny or cloudy, this Sunday the NY Giants will be looking to TCB.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied

[quote user="theyregood"]You guys are forgeting, 49ers has the best stat of any team. they commit less turnovers than anybody. You win games by commiting less turnovers. Doesnt matter if you have a high powered offense, or you have Eli or a good pass rush. If the other team doesnt commit turnovers, then they will be hard to beat.[/quote]

while that is true....the Niners do protect the ball.....

stats dont win ball games.....it going to be tough game. I dont agree with theGiants members here who seem to think its going to be a cake walk or that Smith is going to fold. Everything Smith has done this season has been just the contrary.

Thisis a close match up.....wont be an easy win for either team...

Leave a comment:

• theyregood
    replied

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="giantsfan420"]i think the OP should be more worried about which of NY's pass catching options is going to be double or triple teamed.

nicks? fine. better get used to 80 yd td receptions.
    Cruz? fine. better get used to 80 yd td receptions.
    MM? fine. better get used to 2 wr's having 80 yd td receptions.

the only way SF will be able to stop nicks, or cruz will be to triple team them.

nicks and cruz warrant twice the attention VD gets. and im sure sfians know all about having to pay attention to their vd[/quote]

we have a ballhawking d, you should be more worried.

leads the league in takeaways, we always gets ints.

the more passing plays the more you give the D a chance of intercepting it.[/quote]

no u were tied for most takeaways. who were u tied with...oh yeah green bay. how'd that work out for them???they led in int's too, which is 10x more of an issue for us than fumbles.

we have a baller qb. u can say we should be more worried...but truth is, alex smith has had a cinderella season. only, the clock strikes midnight early in san frannie sunday.

smith CANT lead the 9ers by being a game manager, and when u barely throw for 3000 yards and like 15 tds, thats what u are. he will HAVE TO make a bunch of plays JUST TO KEEP UP with out offense. that will equate into him being sacked (44 times already this season, and he barely throws. LMFAO) or throwing ints.

u bandwagoners will all be calling for a new qb this offseason. u might as well just accept it now and brace urself.[/quote]

We dont need to keep up with your offense, your offense first has to try and score against our defense.[/quote]

lol u keep telling urselves that.

17 points will prob be more than enough to beat u guys sunday. we'll at min. drop 21 on u guys...can alex smith carry ur team when gores held in check?

still tho, how does alex smith handle the triple team all over him? jpp, osi, and tuck...he's in trouble[/quote]

i dont think you can hold Gore in check? your rushing D is bad.

we have more chance of beating you because we are more balanced all around.[/quote]
    lol keep telling urself that.

we've dominated opponents run games for what 5 or 6 weeks straight now?

turner had more yards than gore i believe, and turner couldnt do **** **** vs us. they couldnt even get 2 yards on 3rd down.

if gore is ur "weapon", its the equivalent of a water gun compared to our water cannon of dlineman.

ur more balanced all around?LMFAO. u guys are a good defense with a run game.

we have a good d playing great. the past 4 weeks the giants d has actually been statistically better than u guys. our run game has been averaging 134 yards a game or near that, which i'd assume is as good as u guys.

and to top it off, WE ACTUALLY HAVE A QB WHO WINS GAMES. a qb who can throw for 300 yards. smith sucks so bad even in games he plays out of his mind he cant crack 300 yards.

dallas beat u guys in SF and we DEMOLISHED them two times. when we last met, we had a plethora of players out and injured.

like i said, i can understand u telling urself all these things, but what scares u is deep down inside, u hear this voice whispering "we cant beat ny. we dont have the qb to do it. a run game will not be enough"...and it keeps u up at night doesnt it.

u lie there on ur bed, staring up into darkness, wishing that some how alex smith becomes eli manning. wishing ur run game would carry ur pass game. and u know it wont happen. but hey, keep telling urself whatever u need to.[/quote]

you forgot Special Teams, we have better special teams than you.

and we commit less turnovers than you.

Put that all together and it will be a tough day for the Giants.

Leave a comment:

• nygfan7387
    replied

Don't these Niner fans know that we see Jason Witten and Chris Cooley TWICE a year? They think he's the only Pro Bowl tight end in the universe...Well then again, that is kind of easy thinking that because the NFC West (along with the AFC West) is the toilet bowl of the NFL...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X