No announcement yet.

I heard on Sirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard on Sirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

It will never dry out

Re: i heard on Dirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

Personally I'd like to see a good old fashioned mud fight. I haven't seen one in years.

Comment

Re: i heard on Dirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

[quote user="Firenugget"]It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

Personally I'd like to see a good old fashioned mud fight. I haven't seen one in years.
      [/quote]

Filthy away white jerseys with a hard fought win to the superbowl... would be great...

..with Eli's gleaming white at the final whistle of course.

Comment

It's going to be worse when Vernon Davis is crying after the game

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"]It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

[/quote]

Yes it does matter, your team gets to play and practice in that cesspool all year long, and get used to it
          It also could cause injuries when a falling player lands on another.......admittedly there should be less ankle and knee injuries as the limbs will naturally slip and not stick and twist.

You have to use different balance techniques on a slippery surface.....David Deihl was talking about this on his Sirius Radio show Tuesday night. We will still likely put a good whooping on you because of the talent disparity........ but if you cannot afford a decent playing surface and Stadium the league should relocate your team to LA or something

5 Lombardy's and no money????? Silicon Valley???? Whats up with all the poverty?

No dis-respect or anything but the Stadium we just tore down would have been a big upgrade for you guys....You would think you played in Buffalo or something. Our Offense is high powered and might not perform as well in a mud bowl...likely wont. Will cut into our highlight reels LOL

Comment

Re: I heard on Sirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

[quote user="BParcells777"]It will never dry out
            [/quote]
            It's been raining hard all night long. In fact, it's still raining hard.

Comment

Re: I heard on Sirius this morning the Candlestick field is indeed below sea level

[quote user="BParcells777"]It will never dry out
              [/quote]

There is a misconception that slippery & sloppy field favors the defense. High winds favors the defense but sloppy field favors the offense. It is much difficult for a corner to cover a receiver like Nicks and Cruz because they can't cut as fast and keep up. Even Joe Theismann on NFL Network said that he always believed that sloppy field favors the offense when he played.

Comment

The Giants are well trained to play with snorkels and even prepare with scuba gear. TC has them ready for any situation at all times.

Comment

The Giants are well trained to play with snorkels and even prepare with scuba gear. TC has them ready for any situation at all times.

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"][quote user="Firenugget"]It doesn't matter. Too much is being made of it imo. Both offenses and defenses are gonna play on the same field. Can it have an effect on the game, yeah but people claiming it's an advantage one way or another are silly I think.

[/quote]

Yes it does matter, your team gets to play and practice in that cesspool all year long, and get used to it
                    It also could cause injuries when a falling player lands on another.......admittedly there should be less ankle and knee injuries as the limbs will naturally slip and not stick and twist.

You have to use different balance techniques on a slippery surface.....David Deihl was talking about this on his Sirius Radio show Tuesday night. We will still likely put a good whooping on you because of the talent disparity........ but if you cannot afford a decent playing surface and Stadium the league should relocate your team to LA or something

5 Lombardy's and no money????? Silicon Valley???? Whats up with all the poverty?

No dis-respect or anything but the Stadium we just tore down would have been a big upgrade for you guys....You would think you played in Buffalo or something. Our Offense is high powered and might not perform as well in a mud bowl...likely wont. Will cut into our highlight reels LOL
                    [/quote]

I am pretty sure he is not a 49er fan Jakk. Check his avatar.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

oh well my sentiments still apply two hell holes I never like to play in are that one and the StupidDome

Comment

Good luck tommorow Giant fans. No sour grapes here, hope you win.

Comment

They dont practice on the same kinda surface as candlestick. Their headquarters which is where their practice facility is, is about 45 minutes south of candlestick. Trust me theyll be just as used to the conditions as you guys.

Comment

lol your doomed

Comment

not true, they have a grass field at the practice facility

Comment

Working...
                              X