Eli clears up the Mario INT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eli clears up the Mario INT

I believe if Mario runs his route correclty its a simple completion regardless of defenders being there or not.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]I believe if Mario runs his route correclty its a simple completion regardless of defenders being there or not.[/quote]

I agree.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="G-Man67"]which makes total sense, Mario decided to go into "improv" mode because the play was covered, but Eli was still in the pocket and he had made up his mind that he was throwing to Manningham on that route (coverage or not)

so, if you have to place blame then it does go on Mario, but still the decision to try to complete a pass with 3 defenders around is not a good one either ... hard to say what would have happened if Mario continued the route ... maybe somebody could computer simulate it [/quote]

I disagree that "the play was covered"...look at where the defenders are when Rogers makes the INT...the two over are at least 6-7 yards away, and the guy in the middle zone was a few yards away as well. If Mario continues the route, the worst would have been an incompletion and the most likely would have been a catch by Mario immediately followed by a tackle.[/quote]

but you are assuming that the defenders would have just stood there like statues and not reacted to Mario actually coming into there zone ... listen any outcome is possible and by all accounts he should have continued the route .... but we can't just ignore the fact that WRs do break off routes strategically ... just a tough play for us

Comment

Making sight adjustments and breaking off routes is part of our offense. MM didn't do anything wrong. He faked the guy inside and went outside to an open spot in the secondary. The timing of Eli's pass just happened to be at the exact time MM made the move inside.

Just one of those things. Not the fault of Manningham at all.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Making sight adjustments and breaking off routes is part of our offense.* MM didn't do anything wrong.* He faked the guy inside and went outside to an open spot in the secondary.* The timing of Eli's pass just happened to be at the exact time MM made the move inside.

Just one of those things.** Not the fault of Manningham at all.

[/quote]

It appears as though Eli Manning disagrees with you.
            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Making sight adjustments and breaking off routes is part of our offense. MM didn't do anything wrong. He faked the guy inside and went outside to an open spot in the secondary. The timing of Eli's pass just happened to be at the exact time MM made the move inside.

[/quote]

It appears as though Eli Manning disagrees with you.[/quote]

Actually your excerpt doesn't say who's fault manning claims it to be one way or another.

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]which makes total sense, Mario decided to go into "improv" mode because the play was covered, but Eli was still in the pocket and he had made up his mind that he was throwing to Manningham on that route (coverage or not)

so, if you have to place blame then it does go on Mario, but still the decision to try to complete a pass with 3 defenders around is not a good one either ... hard to say what would have happened if Mario continued the route ... maybe somebody could computer simulate it [/quote]

eli makes a million throws to plays that are much more "covered" than that. You have to make tight throws or you go play arena football - not NFL

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="burier"]I believe if Mario runs his route correclty its a simple completion regardless of defenders being there or not.[/quote]

I agree.. they were all behind him

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

as lawl just told you - not EVERY single route has that option on every play or we'd have ALOT of WRs running to the same place

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Making sight adjustments and breaking off routes is part of our offense.* MM didn't do anything wrong.* He faked the guy inside and went outside to an open spot in the secondary.* The timing of Eli's pass just happened to be at the exact time MM made the move inside.

[/quote]

It appears as though Eli Manning disagrees with you.[/quote]

Actually your excerpt doesn't say who's fault manning claims it to be one way or another.
                      [/quote]

actually it kinda does.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] It appears as though Eli Manning disagrees with you.[/quote]

I saw his press conference and thats simply not true at all. You guys make it sound like Eli was blaming MM for the pick. He didn't do that at all. Manningham made an adjustment away from coverage and Eli thought he was continuing inside. Thats not on Manningham.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

as lawl just told you - not EVERY single route has that option on every play or we'd have ALOT of WRs running to the same place

[/quote]

Right, but how do we know it wasn't an option route? We don't know either way and to argue whos fault it was is useless because we don't know the playcall.

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right, but how do we know it wasn't an option route? We don't know either way and to argue whos fault it was is useless because we don't know the playcall.
                            [/quote]

Matt knows the playbook.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I saw his press conference and thats simply not true at all. You guys make it sound like Eli was blaming MM for the pick.* He didn't do that at all. Manningham made an adjustment away from coverage and Eli thought he was continuing inside.*** Thats not on Manningham.

[/quote]

why can't people not understand this?

its amazing

they act like Mario just stopped to make a phone call

the guy was trying to get open for his QB

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I saw his press conference and thats simply not true at all. You guys make it sound like Eli was blaming MM for the pick.* He didn't do that at all. Manningham made an adjustment away from coverage and Eli thought he was continuing inside.*** Thats not on Manningham.

[/quote]

On the flip side, Manning rarely ever blames anyone else...that said, when he knows it's his fault, he is one of the first people to admit it. So you can infer from his comments that he thought Manningham made the wrong read...

Comment

Working...
                                X