**sigh** My take.......fwiw.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **sigh** My take.......fwiw.......

Regardless of how many games are left to play, or the fact that we are tied for the div lead with another team that sometimes plays as ugly as we do....Legitimate "contenders" don't play like this. This team is soft on both sides of the ball.

A legit contender doesn't let a team that can't get out of it's own way when healthy, and missing very big pieces of their starting line up.......with a diva player that gets a 60 yard reception taken from it's team for taunting....... BEAT THEM IN THIER OWN HOUSE WITH THE DIVISION LEAD ON THE LINE!!

Legit contenders eat that team's lunch!!

You can say that we have a lot of injuries and we have some young players out there, and that's fine....but will that fact save the coaching staff's jobs if this team misses the playoffs again? I don't think so.

Sad to hear the Boo-birds on national television, but that was a pathetic performance all around. Gilbride had no answers against the Eagle's defenseand our soft zone defense is mind numbing. I have no faith that they will EVER stop a team on 3rd down. I hate Fewell!

I'm sorry.....but we are NOT a legit contender.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Re: **sigh** My take.......fwiw.......

I don't understand all the zone either. To me, zone means I have no coverage responsibility. Line them up and play like we used to play in the street, man to man.

Comment

This is not your father's Giants defense!!

Comment

itll be even more "mind numbing" when we beat the saints next week.

Comment

if i am not mistaken, the last 3 years the eagles have swept us. J-jack
          has taunted us time in and time out. Last year the eagles made a game
          winining punt return on the last play of the game which pretty much
          sealed our playoff hopes.

Shady mccoy disrespected osi and
          called him soft. they took a cheap shot at eli manning when the play was
          over last night, and knocked him to the ground. They knocked dj ware
          out of the game at half time with a concussion, AND d-jack on a long
          pass play tossed the football at our defensive coordinator while
          mouthing off.

I have never seen a team disrespect another team
          this much, and they have done it in our own house. AND WE STILL PLAYED
          LIKE ***.

Sorry but this team has no heart and i am not sure if
          TC is the right guy to instill this in them. Maybe we need a coach who
          can bring more energy and motivate our players. we straight up got
          disrespected.
          a quote from my thread

they smacked us int he mouth and we did nothing about it. this team is soft
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]itll be even more "mind numbing" when we beat the saints next week.
            [/quote]

I'll be watching and hoping right along with everyone esle.....but I am not happy with the way this team continues to play down to it's opponent.

Comment

[quote user="Marvelousmik"]
              if i am not mistaken, the last 3 years the eagles have swept us. J-jack has taunted us time in and time out. Last year the eagles made a game winining punt return on the last play of the game which pretty much sealed our playoff hopes.

Shady mccoy disrespected osi and called him soft. they took a cheap shot at eli manning when the play was over last night, and knocked him to the ground. They knocked dj ware out of the game at half time with a concussion, AND d-jack on a long pass play tossed the football at our defensive coordinator while mouthing off.

I have never seen a team disrespect another team this much, and they have done it in our own house. AND WE STILL PLAYED LIKE ***.

Sorry but this team has no heart and i am not sure if TC is the right guy to instill this in them. Maybe we need a coach who can bring more energy and motivate our players. we straight up got disrespected.
              a quote from my thread

they smacked us int he mouth and we did nothing about it. this team is soft
              [/quote]

Agreed. Soft.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]itll be even more "mind numbing" when we beat the saints next week.
                [/quote]

I'll be watching and hoping right along with everyone esle.....but I am not happy with the way this team continues to play down to it's opponent.

[/quote]

in all honesty, do you really want us to beat the saints? if we're going to lose to the packers then why beat the saints. If we are willing to play with heart and go on a run, then fine. but i doubt that. ill be rooting for the giants come game time, but i wouldnt care if we lose. i want a change.
                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Actually aren't they in second place now due to divisional record?

They have no heart.this was a must win game for a team know to collapse in the second half of the season coming off a loss to a conference team and facing a brutal schedule. TC said they didn't play with intensity. Lol. That is pathetic. The Eagles sure looked intense.

They got pinched in the face last night and did nothing about it. They let their QB get hit. Even after they saw him get hit late on that interception they did nothing. The offense should have blasted their defense and force dthe ball down their throat for roughing up their QB.

Truth is it may be time to just say they are not that good.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

Regardless of how many games are left to play, or the fact that we are tied for the div lead with another team that sometimes plays as ugly as we do....Legitimate "contenders" don't play like this. This team is soft on both sides of the ball.

A legit contender doesn't let a team that can't get out of it's own way when healthy, and missing very big pieces of their starting line up.......with a diva player that gets a 60 yard reception taken from it's team for tuanting....... BEAT THEM IN THIER OWN HOUSE WITH THE DIVISION LEAD ON THE LINE!!

You can say that we have a lot of injuries and we have some young players out there, and that's fine....but will that fact save the coaching staff's jobs if the this team misses the playoffs again? I don't think so.

Sad to hear the Boo-birds on national television, but that was a pathetic performance all around. Gilbride had no answers against the Eagle's defenseand our soft zone defense is mind numbing. I have no faith that they will EVER stop a team on 3rd down. I hate Fewell!

[/quote]

Agree with everything you said, bro. I have nothing more to add because you hit the nail on the head with everything. I can't say if I am more upset or just disgusted with this team as of late, probably a little of both.

Comment

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

in all honesty, do you really want us to beat the saints? if we're going to lose to the packers then why beat the saints. If we are willing to play with heart and go on a run, then fine. but i doubt that. ill be rooting for the giants come game time, but i wouldnt care if we lose. i want a change.
                      [/quote]

I want to win EVERY game.

Comment

That's always been the problem with this team under Coughlin. We play down to bad teams.

Also while IM here I might as well say that the fact that this team cant put a total game togther pisses m off! They defense played well most of the game and the offense **** the bed. Then finally the offense shows up and they let Vince Young put together an 18 play drive? Variations of this formula happen game to game.

These past 2 weeks have been brutal. Knowing we should have won and could have pulled these games out and still b up 2 games now we are looking up at the Cowboys...SMH.

Comment

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we are 6-4. tied for 1st place. 2 games left with the cowboys. LOTS of life left. and you dont care we lose because you want a change?

you call yourself a fan? you are pathetic.

Comment

the win against N.O will cause that much more confusion on who the giants are. Every week different team. unreal.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

A legit contender doesn't let a team that can't get out of it's own way when healthy, and missing very big pieces of their starting line up.......with a diva player that gets a 60 yard reception taken from it's team for taunting....... BEAT THEM IN THIER OWN HOUSE WITH THE DIVISION LEAD ON THE LINE!!

You can say that we have a lot of injuries and we have some young players out there, and that's fine....but will that fact save the coaching staff's jobs if this team misses the playoffs again? I don't think so.

[/quote]

I'm afraid you're right.

I said it two years ago. When we folded week 16 and 17 like a pup tent in 2009, it was clear that TC lost this team. He should have been out then. That was a disgrace. Now we folded last year at the end of the Philly game and at GB. Lets see if we do it again. But the trend is clear.

TC (the disciplinarian) has allowed this team to play without discipline. It has been true for the 7 years he's been here. If not for a great stretch where Eli was protecting the ball and Spags had this defense playing great, TC would have been out long ago.

I hate to say it but our team is defective. there is something not right about it.

(I reserve my right to change my position 180 degrees if we beat New Orleans)

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X