Check out the weather map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the weather map

This map shows the weather for the next 6 hours. looks fine. not a cloud passing over san fran

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USCA0987

Re: Check out the weather map

I guess they will just have to rely on the groundsmen watering down the field.
    Emperor Tom

Comment

Don't know what you are looking at. It is raining right now (albeit light) and winds about 12 MPH SE. The clouds look pretty threatening.It's 132 pst (4:30pm ET)

Comment

check the link. the clouds dont even pass over the stadium at all

Comment

I'm not far away from the Stick.

Comment

[quote user="NorCalSports"]Don't know what you are looking at. It is raining right now (albeit light) and winds about 12 MPH SE. The clouds look pretty threatening.It's 132 pst (4:30pm ET)[/quote]

Exactly. Not getting everyone says its going to be good weather. It won't be horrible. But its been raining all day, the damage is done. It should continue to rain for the entire game.

Comment

[]

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]check the link. the clouds dont even pass over the stadium at all[/quote]

The link give me my local radar - fail...

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]This map shows the weather for the next 6 hours. looks fine. not a cloud passing over san fran

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USCA0987[/quote]

Matt Maiocco has been posting pictures of the field all morning.

Been POURING all day, they just took the tarps off the field about 15 minutes ago.

All players are late to the stadium because of traffic, Giants Punter was the first to take the field.

Comment

Only way to reasonably predict the weather in SF for a window like the game time is with doppler and that's 20-30 minutes before game. This storm is one that is going to get worse. Most likely later tonight, but storms here move in very fast....winds at Candlestick now 14MPH and will swirl.They are suppose to hit 30-50MPH later tonight. I hope the game weather is nice, but it looks like it won't be optimal. As long as the rain is light, field should be okay.

Comment

[quote user="DandyDon"][quote user="Spizi"]check the link. the clouds dont even pass over the stadium at all[/quote]

The link give me my local radar - fail...[/quote]

then look up the san fran map...

Comment

Comment

as giants fans we all know how meaningless the weather forecast can be in regards to the weather at the stadium. they just showed eli warming up on cbs, and it looked really windy. weather is unpredictable, especially when you're near a large body of water, as is candlestick park.

Comment

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]as giants fans we all no how meaningless the weather forecast can be in regards to the weather at the stadium. they just showed eli warming up on cbs, and it looked really windy. weather is unpredictable, especially when you're near a large body of water, as is candlestick park.[/quote]

Yeah they are saying 30mph...

Comment

Think about SF is they have microclimates every other mile. It can be nice in one area and cold, windy, foggy or raining in another. Whenever I go to the City, I dress for all conditions. You can never predict it. It can be 20 degrees warmer 20 miles away.

Comment

Working...
                              X