it frustrates me that the defense isn't being taken to task for their meltdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by desert_ash View Post
    if the defense performed well enough, they wouldn't have skipped down the field with Dallas on 2 TD drives in the 4th Q
    If if you add that since the offense scored only 9 points....I would agree.

See!.....Everybody wins!
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      "Drops" are part of the offense's performance.
      It's like saying they wouldn't have sucked so much if they didn't suck so much.
      lol so you're a proponent that the offense needs to overcome a porous defense and multiple drive killing drops by a single receiver?
      Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

lol so you're a proponent that the offense needs to overcome a porous defense and multiple drive killing drops by a single receiver?
        And don't forget to add a QB who isn't always looking to score TDs.
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I think he's saying that the offense doesn't overcome 1/11th of the offense anymore than the defense overcomes 1/11th of the defense. Every defensive player accounts for the output of the defense. For some reason, people think Preston Parker is not supposed to count against the offense. It's like he's his own separate entity.

Comment

• the defense blew the lead

it really is that simple
            Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

the defense blew the lead

it really is that simple
              Eli blew the game....its really that simple..

see it can go in a few directions....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

No..They need to score 10 points since the defense held the opponent to 27 and scored 17 on their own.

Comment

the defense blew the lead

it really is that simple
                  Of course it's that simple. How would an offense blow a lead? They only way they could do that would be a turnover recovered for a TD. All leads are blown by defenses. If that's the only way you feel a loss can be contributed to, then more power to you.

Question. If the defense gave us the lead and surrendered the lead, what did the offense do? We're they playing this game? It seems NYG defense played the role of NYG offense, and NYG offense played the role of DAL defense. Maybe that's why the game was so off. Dallas had their defense and our offense playing defense for them, and our defense got confused because no one was playing offense for the Giants, so they stepped in. They must have forgotten they also have to play defense for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onyxmeth View Post
                    Of course it's that simple. How would an offense blow a lead? They only way they could do that would be a turnover recovered for a TD. All leads are blown by defenses. If that's the only way you feel a loss can be contributed to, then more power to you.

Question. If the defense gave us the lead and surrendered the lead, what did the offense do? We're they playing this game? It seems NYG defense played the role of NYG offense, and NYG offense played the role of DAL defense. Maybe that's why the game was so off. Dallas had their defense and our offense playing defense for them, and our defense got confused because no one was playing offense for the Giants, so they stepped in. They must have forgotten they also have to play defense for us.
                    I guess when the new standard is that the defense has to hold the opponents offense AND score enough points without the offense to win, it's easy to blame the defense for every loss.

Of course when you hold to offense to the minimal standard of scoring a couple TD's, that standard changes a tad. For for the sake of a few misguided souls....let play along.

Comment

I guess when the new standard is that the defense has to hold the opponents offense AND score enough points without the offense to win, it's easy to blame the defense for every loss.

Of course when you hold to offense to the minimal standard of scoring a couple TD's, that standard changes a tad. For for the sake of a few misguided souls....let play along.
                      You know I just remembered that the offense touched the ball last. If this is really hot potato we're playing with who's responsible for the loss, isnt final touch responsible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onyxmeth View Post
                        You know I just remembered that the offense touched the ball last. If this is really hot potato we're playing with who's responsible for the loss, isnt final touch responsible?
                        Yes....They are to blame because they should have scored in those last 7 seconds.

I think you're on to something here.

Comment

Yes....They are to blame because they should have scored in those last 7 seconds.

I think you're on to something here.
                          It's the offense's job to get the lead. They couldn't. Incompletion on 1st down. Lousy lateral on 2nd down. I heard on 2nd down they told Preston Parker not to score. They said save it for overtime. Damn clock mismanagement.

Comment

• I believe we have a bad defense. But they took advantage of some Cowboy mistakes and created turnovers and scores. Then they couldn't stop the Cowboys with out Dez on the last two drives.

However, the defense can't be blamed for this loss.

Eli is the face of the franchise, a 12 year veteran, and highest paid player. He needs to make the right decisions. There should never even been a chance for Dallas to win that game. It's on Eli, Mac, and TC.

This coming from a usual Eli homer.....

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              I believe we have a bad defense. But they took advantage of some Cowboy mistakes and created turnovers and scores. Then they couldn't stop the Cowboys with out Dez on the last two drives.

However, the defense can't be blamed for this loss.

Eli is the face of the franchise, a 12 year veteran, and highest paid player. He needs to make the right decisions. There should never even been a chance for Dallas to win that game. It's on Eli, Mac, and TC.

This coming from a usual Eli homer.....
                              truth is these guys make mistakes all the time. This particular group of mistakes was really odd and one cmpouned the other.
                              they coulnd't done anything worse to have he same outcome. Like the perfect storm of dumbassness....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• the offense scored 9 points......9...forget what the defense did. that isn't enough to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X