Scott, Da'rel 1 yd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott, Da'rel 1 yd.

Guy was to fast. He beat Snee his blocker to the spot and N.O. blew the play up.

TC crucial play in the game and he throws a rookie who's had about 5 runs all year.Go figure.

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: Scott, Da'rel 1 yd.

Unfortunately this is the problem I saw on Da'rel Scott's college tape. The guy just doesnt have the feel for how holes develop. His vision and instinctsare sub par and its why he wasnt a higher draft pick because physically speaking he is an outstanding prospect. Still at this point Id play him more snaps. I would try to get him the ball in the passing game though. Anything to try to get him in space out on the perimeter

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]Guy was to fast. He beat Snee his blocker to the spot and N.O. blew the play up.

TC crucial play in the game and he throws a rookie who's had about 5 runs all year.Go figure.[/quote]

Good point, too much pressure on the kid right away, he shouldn't have played that role so quickly. He needed time to adjust, and that means give him carries before garbage time.

Coaching is just so dumb

Comment

it looks like Scott proved the coaches right, he isn't ready...

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"]it looks like Scott proved the coaches right, he isn't ready...[/quote]

Scott also proved the coaches wrong, they are dumb.

You don't play a rookie RB when your down so many points. He feels the pressure, you need veteran experience in that type of situation

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]Guy was to fast. He beat Snee his blocker to the spot and N.O. blew the play up.

TC crucial play in the game and he throws a rookie who's had about 5 runs all year.Go figure.[/quote]

Sort of like how he used Smith and Boss in the Super Bowl...

Comment

I thought the kid was pretty darn good on returns, he almost took one back.

Comment

Funny, how people adjust their views from play to play on these boards.

If we had BJ or Ware in on that play and it failed, these same guys would be screaming that we didn't put Scott in the game.

You can't bash a guy for underutilizing rookies, then at the same time complain that he used a rookie in a certain situation.
                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]Funny, how people adjust their views from play to play on these boards. If we had BJ or Ware in on that play and it failed, these same guys would be screaming that we didn't put Scott in the game. You can't bash a guy for underutilizing rookies, then at the same time complain that he used a rookie in a certain situation.[/quote]

Winner, winner.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="JesseJames"]it looks like Scott proved the coaches right, he isn't ready...[/quote] Scott also proved the coaches wrong, they are dumb. You don't play a rookie RB when your down so many points. He feels the pressure, you need veteran experience in that type of situation[/quote]

maybe you didnt know it but Bradshaw was a rookie in th 07 season......when they won the SB.

Scott is ready to play.....he just made a mistake.

If it were Ware who fumbled how many would be crying...."When are they going to put Scott in the game".....please. The guy ****ed up.....so what.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]Guy was to fast. He beat Snee his blocker to the spot and N.O. blew the play up. TC crucial play in the game and he throws a rookie who's had about 5 runs all year.Go figure.[/quote]

I do not agree with your assessment of the coaching plan, but I do agree with your point about scott's lack of patience. Snee definately was setting it up and Darel outran snee. I just watched it yesterday a couple times and noticed the same thing. Chalk it up as rookie growing pains.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[quote user="ibbill"]Guy was to fast. He beat Snee his blocker to the spot and N.O. blew the play up. TC crucial play in the game and he throws a rookie who's had about 5 runs all year.Go figure.[/quote]

I do not agree with your assessment of the coaching plan, but I do agree with your point about scott's lack of patience.* Snee definately was setting it up and Darel outran snee.* I just watched it yesterday a couple times and noticed the same thing.* Chalk it up as rookie growing pains.

[/quote]

The reason why you put Scott in there is because of his speed. If you wanted a guy to follow his blockers, you put in Ware. If you wanted a guy to push the pile, you put in Jacobs.

It was 3rd and 1...clearly Scott was put in to use his speed to get to the outside and gun it for the first down.

Comment

There is another huge problem people are neglecting to mention.

Scott has 5 carries this year. He had 1 fumble this week and he also put the ball on the ground last week on his 1st carry. the play was ruled dead but the replay showed it was close to , if not a fumble. So he has 5 carries and has put the ball on the ground 2 times. He also had a fumble problem at 1 point in college.

There is a reason this kid isnt getting more carries.

sigpic

Comment

ok so scott might have a fumble problem, while everybody else has a "gain no yardage" problem. and btw, after scott's fumble, jacobs fumbled on his next carry if anybody remembers. lucky for him he went down right on top of it. my point is, does it matter right now? behind this oline i feel like scott is the only player who can create his own yards, followed by ware, then jacobs. jacobs is just too slow.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

I do not agree with your assessment of the coaching plan, but I do agree with your point about scott's lack of patience. Snee definately was setting it up and Darel outran snee. I just watched it yesterday a couple times and noticed the same thing. Chalk it up as rookie growing pains.

[/quote] The reason why you put Scott in there is because of his speed. If you wanted a guy to follow his blockers, you put in Ware. If you wanted a guy to push the pile, you put in Jacobs. It was 3rd and 1...clearly Scott was put in to use his speed to get to the outside and gun it for the first down.[/quote]

Disagree, I doubt they called a direct snap sweep to scott just for him to "gun it for the first down". That is actually pretty ridiculous. Actually, Coughlin was like "get in there, run past your blockers and disregard the basic knowledge taught in pop warner known as waiting for blocks to develop" He had blocks getting set up and he pulled the trigger to fast, hence the failed play. He waits for Snee to take on the defenders and his speed can get us a extra 5 or 6 yards, but NO since he decided to try to "gun it" himself we failed miserably. A running back must have discipline and wait for his blocks to develop.

Comment

Working...
                              X