New overtime rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New overtime rules

What's people's opinions now that we've seen it in action? (denver/Pitt game doesn't really count)

If it takes that long to explain, it can't be the right answer.

Re: New overtime rules

You understand it?

It is very simple to understand. In my opinion, I liked it the way it was before but i don't hate this new rule.

Comment

Just a possible way to add extra drama to OT playoff games, nothing more to me.

Score a TD first and you win

OR

make a stop then FG for the win

those are the rules :P

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

New rule makes it fun and exciting IMO, do they go for the TD or do they go for the field goal, I like it

Comment

I really liked it. To have this game end on one FG without giving the other team shot would have been bad.

New OT rules are great

Comment

love the new rule.

now i don't freak out about the coin toss anymore.
            sigpic

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]New rule makes it fun and exciting IMO, do they go for the TD or do they go for the field goal, I like it[/quote]

Coaches will definitely have some tough decisions.... 1st team possession has the ball on the 5 yard line and it is 4th and inches.... Does the team want to kick the FG, kickoff and give the other team opportunity to beat them with a TD? It is a little bit weird.

Comment

I don't understand why its still not like college and h.s. rules. It's fair and a lot more exciting for fans, and its kind of like shoot outs in hockey. A few years ago players didn't even know overtime rules i.e. Donovan McNabb

Comment

So, would you guys like to see it in regular season as well?

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]love the new rule.

now i don't freak out about the coin toss anymore.[/quote]

EXACTLY

Comment

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]So, would you guys like to see it in regular season as well?[/quote]I actually like it better that it's only for the postseason

Comment

[quote user="nygiants0017"]I don't understand why its still not like college and h.s. rules. It's fair and a lot more exciting for fans, and its kind of like shoot outs in hockey. A few years ago players didn't even know overtime rules i.e. Donovan McNabb[/quote]

I hate the college OT

Comment

Working...
                        X