Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly what do you think of AB's fumble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly what do you think of AB's fumble?

What's your take on AB fumble?? Whistle blown early?? What do you think?

Re: Honestly what do you think of AB's fumble?

It was the right call, no fumble.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Comment

close but right cal. imo

Comment

[quote user="AllDayEli10"]What's your take on AB fumble?? Whistle blown early?? What do you think?[/quote]

I dunno, I mean when is "too early"...Clearly he was wrapped up and not going anywhere, I don't think anyone can argue that. Are the refs supposed to give you an extra couple of seconds to go for the strip?

Comment

Bunch of friends of mind, (49er fans) complaing was called to early. But I dunno, don't think he was going anywhere either. If it was on other foot, maybe I think differently.

Comment

I thought it was blown a little early but not to the point that I think the refs were wrong to blow it. Realistically, the refs could have easily gone either way with the call and there would have been controversy but neither call would have necessarily been wrong. Tough call, and at this point I don't think it merits controversy.

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="AllDayEli10"]What's your take on AB fumble?? Whistle blown early?? What do you think?[/quote]

I dunno, I mean when is "too early"...Clearly he was wrapped up and not going anywhere, I don't think anyone can argue that. Are the refs supposed to give you an extra couple of seconds to go for the strip?[/quote]

well in the old days before this forward progress rule. the back would go down before he fumbled instead of keeping to fight off the tackles.

but i think the refs made the right call with the rules as they are now.

Comment

to be perfectly honest, i thought it originally it was a bad call. but when u see the replay, he clearly had lost his forward momentum. when it was shown in slow motion u could clearly see he was wrapped up and being gang tackled.

but, we've gotten the shaft on a ton of calls, im glad one went our way for once.

but i think they need to re-evaluate the "blown dead cant challenge" rule, it just seems like it gives the refs the ability to allow a ****ty call to stay

Comment

Tough call, but the ref got it right.

1, AB had already been carried back about 3 yards from his foward progess.

2. AB was sitting the defender on the ground when the ball got stripped.

3. Whistle was blown before the strip, so it played no effect on how the ref saw it.

About the only thing that makes the call controversial was how quickly it happened, everything else points to it being the right call.
                  All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

[quote user="AllDayEli10"]What's your take on AB fumble?? Whistle blown early?? What do you think?[/quote]

He was going backwards, That is the whole Gist of Forward progress.

Comment

What was time on the clock of that call???

Comment

The ref blew the whistle when ABs progress was stopped, prior to the fumble. See the replay.

In light of that, it was the right call. You cannot allow things that happen after the whistle to stand. Players are taught to play to the whistle.
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]close but right cal. imo
                          [/quote]yep, especially when they said the play is dead once forward motion is stopped.
                          Peace,
                          DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]The ref blew the whistle when ABs progress was stopped, prior to the fumble. See the replay.

In light of that, it was the right call. You cannot allow things that happen after the whistle to stand. Players are taught to play to the whistle.
                            [/quote]

Exactly.....after the whistle blows, the play is over. I clearly heard a whistle after he was stacked up and pushed back.

After the whistle, players let up.

Comment

Pretty quick whistle, but fair. Wasn't a blown call like the Greg Jennings fumble.

Comment

Working...
                              X