I find it amazing that some or most want TC to stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it amazing that some or most want TC to stay

Way to keep hoping for the same ole same ole.

Guys Spags is gone, Stray is gone, stop living in the past and for that 1 year. Look at every other year.

He is ultimately responsible for our play on the field, if players are quitting than he needs to deal with that, team being up for games, his responsibility.

Yeah lets re sign him for another 5 years along with all our coaching staff makes a lot of sense.

Re: I find it amazing that some or most want TC to stay

Be amazed... if up to me he stays.
    sigpic
    BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was furious after the Saints game and wanted him gone. But I was obviously mad and that isn't the best time to make a judgement.

I'm going to reserve my judgement for the end of this season. Its pretty simple for me, if we don't make the playoffs = he's gone.

Comment

I'm amazed your amazed.[:^)]

Comment

You think most want him to stay? Take a look at the It's not Coughlin's Fault thread.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]I was furious after the Saints game and wanted him gone. But I was obviously mad and that isn't the best time to make a judgement.

I'm going to reserve my judgement for the end of this season. Its pretty simple for me, if we don't make the playoffs = he's gone.
            [/quote]

Might as well hold that thought then ... we aint going to the playoffs. I just dont see us beating Dallas twice.
            sigpic
            BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Some people here remember the years before TC. Maybe thats why most still want TC to stay.

Comment

[quote user="sheepdip"]Way to keep hoping for the same ole same ole.

Guys Spags is gone, Stray is gone, stop living in the past and for that 1 year. Look at every other year.

He is ultimately responsible for our play on the field, if players are quitting than he needs to deal with that, team being up for games, his responsibility.

Yeah lets re sign him for another 5 years along with all our coaching staff makes a lot of sense.

[/quote]

couple things. FIrst being that the team isn't automatically going to get better just because we hire a new coach. We could very well get worse...The possibility of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire is always very real.

Second of all I'm all for moving on from 2007 and I dont think anyone should get an infinate free pass because they won a sb however many years ago BUT..

Eli is in his prime and still has a bunch of years on his contract. Blowing up his team doesn't seem like the most savory option.

Eli's already taken alot of BS off of the Giants..

They couldn't make Shockey happy so he walks. As soon as he gets comfortable with Boss...He walks

Number 1 reciever goes to jail

As soon as he gets comfortable with Steve Smith...he walks.

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Eli damanded a trade if the Giants fired couglin.

Eli would have to learn a new system anyway...why not do it infront of fans who actually appreciate him?

And if Eli goes...we're Deep 6ed for god knows how long as Championship caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

I think those are valid concerns about firing coughlin

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="sheepdip"]Way to keep hoping for the same ole same ole.

[/quote]

couple things. FIrst being that the team isn't automatically going to get better just because we hire a new coach. We could very well get worse...The possibility of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire is always very real.

Second of all I'm all for moving on from 2007 and I dont think anyone should get an infinate free pass because they won a sb however many years ago BUT..

Eli is in his prime and still has a bunch of years on his contract. Blowing up his team doesn't seem like the most savory option.

Eli's already taken alot of BS off of the Giants..

They couldn't make Shockey happy so he walks. As soon as he gets comfortable with Boss...He walks

Number 1 reciever goes to jail

As soon as he gets comfortable with Steve Smith...he walks.

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Eli damanded a trade if the Giants fired couglin.

Eli would have to learn a new system anyway...why not do it infront of fans who actually appreciate him?

And if Eli goes...we're Deep 6ed for god knows how long as Championship caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

I think those are valid concerns about firing coughlin[/quote]

Hey you really need to knock it off!! ... your points are WAYYY too logical.
                  sigpic
                  BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i would personally like Tom to remain HC, but get a new offensive scheme and play caller, and get Spags back on the D side.

To me, that would be best.

Cower is virtually Coughlin type of coach only younger. I dont see how we'd be guaranteed to do as well as we have even if its for the first half of the year if we take an unknown Coordinator and make him HC.

Tom isn't the problem here imo, its the OC and lately the DC. IF Fewell cant get the d's act together, he should go with KG. I've been vocal about how KG is holding this offense back, it isn't Tom. Toms job is to put the players in the best prepared state to win, and all the players say he is excellent at that.

From there, its the play calling and scheme, which ultimately falls on Tom, but I'd still like the FO and Eli to get more hands on the next scheme and OC we hire. Fewell still might be able to save his job if the D turns it around and plays dominant and we get to the playoffs.

If not, and the D shows the same effort and heart from the last 3 weeks, then Fewell goes with KG.

Again, Tom IS NOT the problem. EVERY year the players rally behind Tom. I remember last year before the Texans game and Chicago game I said the players would rally around Tom and almost everyone told me I was crazy and they'd rally behind him to kick him the **** out...we only went onto win 4 games in a row each time.

You see after NE game? Were the players hoisting KG or Fewell up? NOPE, it was Tom and that shows a lot of how the players feel about him.

Comment

I'm amazed there are forty threads addressing the same topic.

Comment

More of dipsheeps coachaphobia.

Comment

the naive and clueless have spoken. Alright another year of the same ole, beat on cupcake teams at start of season than when thing get tough we looe.

Comment

[quote user="sheepdip"]the naive and clueless have spoken. Alright another year of the same ole, beat on cupcake teams at start of season than when thing get tough we looe.[/quote]

You predicted that the Giants would be 4-12 this season, so the team has already overachieved under TC according to your prediction. You should be calling for TC to sign a 10 year extension.

Most of the rational human beings on this board (our numbers are few and far between) are willing to wait and see how these final 5 games play out to take a position on whether TC should go or not. I'm guessing that if he goes 5-0 the view of this board will change as quickly as it changed from "TC is coach of the year" (after the Pats win) to "Fire TC Now"

Comment

Keep doing what you've been doing and expect different results.
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X