O'Hara & Tiki Discuss Eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Hara & Tiki Discuss Eli

I couldn't find a direct link for the video but if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can watch the video. Let me preface this post with the fact that I believe Tiki to be one of the all time great Giants RB's. With that said, I don't think he's that great of a person and I think that's evident in how a lot of his former teammates view him. So while I'll always respect and appreciate Tiki for what he did on the field, I don't care to follow him off the field now that he's retired.

From the video I particularly like how O'Hara puts Tiki on the spot with regards to his comments on Eli.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-heading-super-bowl-xlvi-play-tom-brady-patriots-magic-team-beat-england-super-bowl-xlii-article-1.1010269?pgno=1

Re: O'Hara & Tiki Discuss Eli

let's see here ... video is not loading ??

Comment

"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

that's not what you said when you retired Tiki.

what a piece of work.
      sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........" that's not what you said when you retired Tiki. what a piece of work.[/quote]

Work isn't quite the word I'd use to finish off that sentence, lol.

Comment

[quote user="JLee2911"]I couldn't find a direct link for the video but if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can watch the video. Let me preface this post with the fact that I believe Tiki to be one of the all time great Giants RB's. With that said, I don't think he's that great of a person and I think that's evident in how a lot of his former teammates view him. So while I'll always respect and appreciate Tiki for what he did on the field, I don't care to follow him off the field now that he's retired.

From the video I particularly like how O'Hara puts Tiki on the spot with regards to his comments on Eli.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-heading-super-bowl-xlvi-play-tom-brady-patriots-magic-team-beat-england-super-bowl-xlii-article-1.1010269?pgno=1

[/quote]

Lupica's comment about Bradshaw makes me want to vomit. It was "clear he hadn't been stopped" before that fumble, it was clear his forward progress wasn't stopped. Really, Mike,really? Clear? Really?

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

"The 49ers got a terrible whistle, when it was clear Bradshaw hadnít been stopped"

pretty sure Bradshaw was moving backwards, but whatever you say lol

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="JLee2911"]I couldn't find a direct link for the video but if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can watch the video. Let me preface this post with the fact that I believe Tiki to be one of the all time great Giants RB's. With that said, I don't think he's that great of a person and I think that's evident in how a lot of his former teammates view him. So while I'll always respect and appreciate Tiki for what he did on the field, I don't care to follow him off the field now that he's retired.

[/quote]

Lupica's comment about Bradshaw makes me want to vomit. It was "clear he hadn't been stopped" before that fumble, it was clear his forward progress wasn't stopped. Really, Mike,really? Clear? Really?

[/quote]

yea, he was only being moved backwards and practically sitting on the defender. I thought it was a close call for sure, but to see definitively was a bad/good call is just silly.

Comment

[quote user="JLee2911"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yea, he was only being moved backwards and practically sitting on the defender. I thought it was a close call for sure, but to see definitively was a bad/good call is just silly.
                [/quote]

It is typical Lupica. He hates the Giants always has.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

what a piece of work.[/quote]

he's trying to save face at this point, which i understand. but be a man and stand behind what you said. i would have a ton more respect for tiki if he came out and said...you know what i criticized Eli because at the time that's how i felt. Clearly, he has proved me wrong. he's what the Giants thought he was and much more. I was wrong.

Comment

[quote user="JLee2911"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

he's trying to save face at this point, which i understand. but be a man and stand behind what you said. i would have a ton more respect for tiki if he came out and said...you know what i criticized Eli because at the time that's how i felt. Clearly, he has proved me wrong. he's what the Giants thought he was and much more. I was wrong.
                    [/quote]

i would SO be off his posterior if he would just say that.

the fact he doesn't speaks to his character.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

umm when did tiki say eli wasnt good? i think a lot of it is made up in fans minds. he said many times he believed in eli. only that his first speech was comical because eli was young and akward.

tiki had an issue with TC treating vets like kids and later tc realized he was being too harsh on players . (had a history of it in jacksonville)

Comment

Tiki: Gosh darn it, another NYG SB game I missed out on...

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

umm when did tiki say eli wasnt good?** i think a lot of it is made up in fans minds.* he said many times he believed in eli. only that his first speech was comical because eli was young and akward.

tiki had an issue with TC treating vets like kids and later tc realized he was being too harsh on players . (had a history of it in jacksonville)
                          [/quote]

if we're going to play semantics, then i stand by my post.

he didn't say that eli was making exponential improvements each year when he retired.
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

umm when did tiki say eli wasnt good? i think a lot of it is made up in fans minds. he said many times he believed in eli. only that his first speech was comical because eli was young and akward.

[/quote]

he didn't say that eli was making exponential improvements each year when he retired.[/quote]

true but he didnt say that Eli didnt make improvments by the year , either.
                            its no sematics its facts and fans use their perception of what they think Tiki meant rather than his direct quotes.

fact is fans got all hurt that Tiki wanted to retire and are still holding that grudge.

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]"Eli would make a exponential jump from year to year in his development........"

[/quote]

he didn't say that eli was making exponential improvements each year when he retired.[/quote]

true but he didnt say that Eli didnt make improvments by the year , either.
                              its no semantics its facts and fans use their perception of what they think Tiki meant rather than his direct quotes.

fact is fans got all hurt that Tiki wanted to retire and are still holding that grudge.

Comment

Working...
                              X