Too the younger Giants fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too the younger Giants fans

Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.

Re: Too the younger Giants fans

Amen Brother!!!

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.[/quote] i understand that you were a fan thru tought times, i get that, i was too. However that doesnt mean that we as Giants fans have to be gratfull for the garbage we have witnessed in recent years. We as Giants fans expect more and i will never be gratfull for the quit i have witnessed in this team over recent seasons.

sigpic

Comment

I do appreciate the Easy E, I do. What I don't appreciate is the O-Line dysfunction, especially in run-blocking.

BOOM!!!

Comment

+1 OP

Comment

[quote user="britishblue2"][quote user="TroyArcher"]Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.[/quote] i understand that you were a fan thru tought times, i get that, i was too. However that doesnt mean that we as Giants fans have to be gratfull for the garbage we have witnessed in recent years. We as Giants fans expect more and i will never be gratfull for the quit i have witnessed in this team over recent seasons.[/quote]
            Yup....even in Detroit's 0-16 season, they tried their hardest every damn game, they were just a BAD team. We're not a bad team though, that's why it frustrates the hell out of fans to see their players utilized to their full potential for only half a season every friggin year.

Nonetheless, I have hope we can turn things around starting this Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="britishblue2"][quote user="TroyArcher"]Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.[/quote] i understand that you were a fan thru tought times, i get that, i was too. However that doesnt mean that we as Giants fans have to be gratfull for the garbage we have witnessed in recent years. We as Giants fans expect more and i will never be gratfull for the quit i have witnessed in this team over recent seasons.[/quote]
              Yup....even in Detroit's 0-16 season, they tried their hardest every damn game, they were just a BAD team. We're not a bad team though, that's why it frustrates the hell out of fans to see their players utilized to their full potential for only half a season every friggin year.

Nonetheless, I have hope we can turn things around starting this Sunday.
              [/quote] well said 420
              sigpic

Comment

I go back to 1969. They sucked forever until 1981. They have been above average pretty much ever since. 3/4 in super bowls, 4/4 in nfc championship games since Phil and LT.

They are still above average. Can we all agree on that?

Comment

[quote user="giantfanatic"]I go back to 1969. They sucked forever until 1981. They have been above average pretty much ever since. 3/4 in super bowls, 4/4 in nfc championship games since Phil and LT.

They are still above average. Can we all agree on that?[/quote]

I have been a fan since the 70's. So, yes I agree. Things could definitely be worse.

Comment

The most frustrating thing for me (and i've been a fan since the middle 60's) is the Giants always find way to be inconsistant. Rarely do I see a game where offense, defense and special teams play solid football. Its never a combined solid performance. The Giants always let teams hang around.
                    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Sorry, but I refuse to be grateful just because the team doesnt suck until the second half of the year.

Comment

I've been following Giant football since the early 50's and have seen it all....The glory years and into the long hell like drought of stupidity.....I'd rather be a Giant fan and suffer a bit in recent years then be a Raider, San Diego, Cincinnati, even an Eagles fan....My propective is the injuries that have hurt this club the most and no,I don't find the excuse that the Patriots won with injuries....Sheit happens , thats why they won, and it happened again when we beat them....Football is football and the old axiom stands that any team can win if the situation is right....
                        We went into the season with what we thought was a good mix of veterans and rookies.....To our dismay, the rookie reserve in part was injured while the veteran part was destroyed by significant injuries leaving us to play with the balance of rookies as well as reserves to the starters...Therefore ,it has caused a complete downside to our game...I don't like Kilbride, but when you check statistics he has one of the better won lose records , so that probably has kept him here, but Fewell, I don't see how he's stayed in football and could be TC's possible replacement.....If he was so great, why weren't the Bills competitive while he was there, and why does his game plans seem like a remake of Jekyll and Hyde....If he can take and injured "D" and beat the Pats with them, why couldn't he repeat that same performance with the Lowly Eagles and even the 49er's.....Call this a ramble, but thats where I put the problems.

Comment

The younger fans shouldnt appreciate the way the Giants played the last few years. I understand that the Giants had some rough years in the 70s and earlier, but at least they played HARD. This team and recent years has physically gotten manhandled and even given up on the field. This team is leaderless and calling on former leaders of the organization to give us a pep talk.

Another thing I dont like about the Giants of recent years is the fact that these players like to lash out at fans that spend their hard-earned money watching these dudes quit. They got a brand NEW Stadium and has alot of loyal fans...and then slap us in the face. Jacobs has lashed out at fans, Tuck made comments, Rolle and Osi has as well.

It doesnt matter who is drawing up the plays when u have players that have given up. We even seen this when Sheridan was our coordinator...and guess what? the same thing is happening. Fewell was not a defensive coordinator in Buffalo. Its obviously the players not his system.

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.[/quote]
                            Also on unrelated note. The young fans need to be extra loud-and rowdy on Sunday if you go to game
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

oh yeah? well i had to live with kurt warner.

Comment

Working...
                              X