Delay of game before field goal in OT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay of game before field goal in OT

Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
    game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt.
    And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So
    that was cool."

Re: Delay of game before field goal in OT

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
    that was cool."

[/quote]

i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute

Comment

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote]

see? we only won because of luck......

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote] i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute[/quote]\

Me neither. I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game. The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.

Good thing it didn't cost them -- can you imagine THAT conversation.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote] i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute[/quote]\

Me neither.* I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game.* The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.*

[/quote]

it may have been calculated ... A. we didn't want to kick a fire drill FG like Baltimore did and B. we didn't want to use our only timeout (did we even have one?, they give you 1 in OT) ... in the event we needed to challenge something if Tynes missed it and the game continued

Comment

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote]

I keep saying over and over its Fate at work again for these Giants. And we all know the old saying about it.. You Cant Fight Fate

Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Let us also give credit for coughlin and the coaches for NOT calling timeout and Icing our own kicker.. We'll leave that for Jason Garrett and the cowboys lol.

Comment

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
                that was cool."

[/quote]

Or in reality Tynes was thinking "Geez Weatherford, I know you're on the cusp of going to the Superbowl for the first time but even Eli on the sideline sees the clock winding down so please hike the damn ball". Except he'll cover for Steve in public. Sarcasm aside, you know Steve was nervous as anything.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Let us also give credit for coughlin and the coaches for NOT calling timeout and Icing our own kicker.. We'll leave that for Jason Garrett and the cowboys lol.
                  [/quote]

Delay of game does the same thing as a time out.

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

Me neither. I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game. The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.

[/quote] it may have been calculated ... A. we didn't want to kick a fire drill FG like Baltimore did and B. we didn't want to use our only timeout (did we even have one?, they give you 1 in OT) ... in the event we needed to challenge something if Tynes missed it and the game continued[/quote]No challenges in OT.

Comment

It was a low-pressure kick:
                      1. It was a chip-shot.
                      2. It was only 3rd down.
                      3. It wasn't do-or-die. If he misses, the game just continues.

GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

[quote user="krygny"]It was a low-pressure kick:
                        1. It was a chip-shot.
                        2. It was only 3rd down.

[/quote]

A kick to get in to the superbowl is low pressure? With Tynes?

- There is no chip shot for Tynes - He shanked the extra point after the Pascoe td... it barely got in.

- His other field goal - also 31 yards was straight yes... it was also about a foot from the upright...

Tynes - cardiac kicker for the ages - never low pressure - never a dull moment.

Comment

[quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="krygny"]It was a low-pressure kick:
                          1. It was a chip-shot.
                          2. It was only 3rd down.

[/quote]

A kick to get in to the superbowl is low pressure? With Tynes?

- There is no chip shot for Tynes - He shanked the extra point after the Pascoe td... it barely got in.

- His other field goal - also 31 yards was straight yes... it was also about a foot from the upright...

Tynes - cardiac kicker for the ages - never low pressure - never a dull moment.*

[/quote]

That's why he is our kicker . Never a dull moment with this team lol
                          "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"]No challenges in OT.[/quote]

ah right, all booth reviews, altho you could really stretch it and say that sometimes a coach will call a TO to give the booth more time to decide they want to stop the game and take a look at a play

it is funny how similar the situations with Baltimore and the Giants were then ... neither coach wanted to ice their own kicker, but both probably shoulda called timeout

Comment

that was cool."

[/quote]

Reality is if Tynes misses that FG and Giants lose the game, TC would have been skewered for not calling TO. I love TC to death but when they showed Eli trying to get him to call a TO it sure seemed like TC was having a "senior moment".

Comment

Working...
                              X