Manning was asked how he felt after the beating he took vs SF. He said

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning was asked how he felt after the beating he took vs SF. He said

He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

"There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said.

===================================

I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer.

I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up.

It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Manning was asked how he felt after the beating he took vs SF. He said

It was more like The Terminator. Eli just keeps getting up and won't stop until you are dead. "That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"

This o-line won't do. I don't know if Boothe and Petrus are long term solutions, but we can't go in to next year with same o-line. Eli's protection has been strong all season long except for this past Sunday (and give credit to a physical 49er D), but we need a running game as well.

Comment

In a league where it's tough to build a defense, I think it's obvious the Giants have been getting bye with a mediocre line. They were annihilated against a solid D. Bass was beaten from the first snap while Diehl and Mckennzie were worn out late in the 3rd.

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

"There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said.

I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer.

I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up.

It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more.[/quote]

This is the same o-line that kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life.

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.
        Lets go, Giants!

Comment

[quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary. "There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said. =================================== I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer. I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up. It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more.[/quote] This is the same o-line what kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life. The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.[/quote]

Well then they should have give Baas a rest and slide Boothe into his position and Petrus as Guard.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary. "There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said. =================================== I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer. I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up. It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more.[/quote] This is the same o-line what kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life. The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.[/quote]

Well then they should have give Baas a rest and slide Boothe into his position and Petrus as Guard.

[/quote]

That last statement was just a scenario. He got beat up with both offensive line in this game. I am just simply stating that maybe many people are just overlooking the fact the 9ers D is just that good. That is where I am at. The Pats play a 3-4. Eli will not get beat up in the Superbowl.
            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Please, you cannot put this entirely on the O-line. The SF D was just too gosh darn good. Really. One game where Eli gets smacked around a bit isn't reason to jump the gun and push the panic button. He's rarely been harmed all season, but we never went up against a D like SF (even in the regular season game - they had gotten better since then)

Comment

The critics can say what they will but hes a warrior.But our o-line needs to get better.On espn this morning Skip Bayless said hes the worst interviewer there is.What a bunch of garbage,?Just pure envy.

Comment

[quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

This is the same o-line that kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life.

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.[/quote]THey have not been great at the run, but in general they were ok vs the pass. They did overall a great job vs GB no doubt (but that was one of the worst defenses we faced all year), then SF a top notch defense you can understand to a degree, but 43% of all drop backs he was hit, not a great thing. Even vs Atlanta they were at times getting good pressure on him.

Again the pass protection has been pretty good overall, but it seems to be getting worse, along with the run game that has been bad most of the year.

It won't go away if you ignore it. I was saying 2-3 years ago we had to start making changes. We needed to find a new RT and Center, but the Center we got imho at this point is a huge disappointment.
                  Peace,
                  DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Our Oline needs to be fixed for sure, but the 49ers dline is ****ing amazing. They sacked Bree's 4 times I think and he has one of the best olines in the league.

I hate to say it but the 49ers dline is def on our dline'ss level.

Comment

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]In a league where it's tough to build a defense, I think it's obvious the Giants have been getting bye with a mediocre line. They were annihilated against a solid D. Bass was beaten from the first snap while Diehl and Mckennzie were worn out late in the 3rd.[/quote]

Just stop it you Jet fan. The Giants have done a great job making lemonade considering the injuries that they sustained on the o-line and the shifts. They even had to improvise in the Championship game if you were paying attention. The 49'ers pass rush is ranked either #1 or #2 in the whole NFL. Eli displayed true grit and so did the o-line.

Comment

Yeah I think between the crap running game and how much Eli got pounded we are due to blow up the Offensive Line for good this offseason, we've been putting it off since 2009. We're fortunate to be getting this far with our line problems, like a tire that you know is going to blow out but you keep pushing it.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.[/quote]THey have not been great at the run, but in general they were ok vs the pass. They did overall a great job vs GB no doubt (but that was one of the worst defenses we faced all year), then SF a top notch defense you can understand to a degree, but 43% of all drop backs he was hit, not a great thing. Even vs Atlanta they were at times getting good pressure on him.

Again the pass protection has been pretty good overall, but it seems to be getting worse, along with the run game that has been bad most of the year.

It won't go away if you ignore it. I was saying 2-3 years ago we had to start making changes. We needed to find a new RT and Center, but the Center we got imho at this point is a huge disappointment.[/quote]

I agree with you. I don't like Baas much either. I just wish he knew how to open up running lanes for our RBs.I like Boothe at center as well, but it really didn't change our run game to what it was in the past. We are too far along now to tinker with the line now. We were dead last this season in the run game, but top 5 passing game. It is safe to say that we were a passing team this season.

You have admit that as much as both of us don't think that Baas is the greatest. He is a good pass protector. If he could work on that aspect of his game, I think he would be a keeper. I do think McKenzie is the weakest link on the offensive line. He gets beat the most.
                          Lets go, Giants!

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

It was more like The Terminator. Eli just keeps getting up and won't stop until you are dead. "That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"

This o-line won't do. I don't know if Boothe and Petrus are long term solutions, but we can't go in to next year with same o-line. Eli's protection has been strong all season long except for this past Sunday (and give credit to a physical 49er D), but we need a running game as well.

[/quote]

Awesome quote

Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

seriously um if you watch the greenbay game eli had like a year to throw the ball...san frans D WAS that good....im not saying we are flawless at the o-line, but they arent bad either...

Comment

Working...
                              X