Will the giants resign-Manningham?Ballard?Mckenzie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the giants resign-Manningham?Ballard?Mckenzie

The list of Giants UFA's is not too bad sign or let go?

Manningham-

Jake Ballard

Kareem McKenzie

Aaron Ross

Terrell Thomas

Jonathon Goff

Re: Will the giants resign-Manningham?Ballard?Mckenzie

I don't know about the rest, but Ross is having a decent season, and so will probably get more than he's worth somewhere else.

And when I say "decent", I mean not COMPLETE garbage.

Comment

they won't resign 5 of the 6 of them so rookie free agents can step up. The Giants don't believe in sexy moves currently.

Comment

they won't resign 5 of the 6 of them so rookie free agents can step up. The Giants don't believe in sexy moves currently.

Comment

Tough call with two of those guys coming off IR. I'd like to see TT come back. I'd like Manningham as well, but WR isn't a necessity going into next year and if they can spend money on a RB or another area of need that would probably be the better move.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I don't know about the rest, but Ross is having a decent season, and so will probably get more than he's worth somewhere else.

And when I say "decent", I mean not COMPLETE garbage.
            [/quote]

Wrong, Aaron Ross is complete garbage. He has cost us games this year. He is a awful cover corner and a awful punt returner (muffed punt anyone?)

Manningham is gone since he signed that agent to represent him, the giants won't pay him the 4 million he is going to outrageously demand as an average receiver.

I hope they sign t2 to a one year contract to see if he has recovered from his injury.

Ballard they will keep.

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]The list of Giants UFA's is not too bad sign or let go?

Manningham-

Jake Ballard

Kareem McKenzie

Aaron Ross

Terrell Thomas

Jonathon Goff
              [/quote]With Goff and Thomas coming of ACL surgeries, they may get a contract cheap to see how well they recovered from the injuries. I worry for Thomas since that is his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee.

I think the Giants keep Ballard but look at TE somewhere in the draft and give up on the Beckum experiment.

I think McKenzie is gone. I'm up in the air with Ross and Manningham. I'm confident though that the Giants can find a WR in the mid to later rounds in the draft, so thats not a big deal to me. I think they should address CB in the draft, especially if Thomas and Ross are not re-signed. I love Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, but they may be gone by the time the Giants draft in rd 1. I think they can go after a Minnifield or Boykin in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Comment

Barden is looking decent we will see how it goes the rest of the way which gives a better chance of Mario not coming back with Cruz emerging.

Comment

Manningham - GONE

McKenzie - GONE

Ross - GONE

Ballard - Probably back, but I like Pascoe a lot

T2 - Hopefully back. He's gonna' get a cheap 'show me' contract, but I think he wants to be here in New York.

Goff - Hopefully back. He's not worth a lot, but maybe a 1 or 2 year contract to see if he can keep getting better

Comment

Manningham is gone i would laugh my *** off if they sign steve smith that would be hilarious. I believe the FO wont do crap but get cheap FA and sit the rookies on the bench.

Comment

Manningham, I would say probably. He hasn't had a good year, and he's a great speed threat. The only way I don't see them signing him is if Steve Smith comes back from the Eagles to be the number 3.

Ballard - no brainer. They sign him.

Kareem - nope, he's old, he's done.

Aaron Ross - unless he greats a great deal elsewhere expect him back. He knows the defense and over all he's had a good year.

Terell Thomas - I would ASSUME he will be back on a 1 year deal. But you never know.

Goff - Who really knows. At this point i'd say maybe. If the price is right but he wasn't a world beater before he trashed his knee so I am going to guess no.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Manningham - GONE

McKenzie - GONE

Ross - GONE

T2 - Hopefully back. He's gonna' get a cheap 'show me' contract, but I think he wants to be here in New York.

Goff - Hopefully back. He's not worth a lot, but maybe a 1 or 2 year contract to see if he can keep getting better[/quote]

I don't see any reason to let Ross go. Sure he's not a great player by any means but he also won't command a lot of money here or anywhere else. So the only reason I could see to let him go would be us having 5 or 6 better CBs on this squad, which I highly doubt.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Manningham - GONE

McKenzie - GONE

Ross - GONE

Goff - Hopefully back. He's not worth a lot, but maybe a 1 or 2 year contract to see if he can keep getting better[/quote]

I agree with you on everything but Pascoe. He is simply not an NFL quality player. He will definitely not be on our roster next year and I doubt that he makes another team's roster. Look for him to be completely out of football next year.

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]The list of Giants UFA's is not too bad sign or let go?

Manningham - With the emergence of Victor Cruz, I don't see him staying, unless he receives very limited offers. I just think we'll be significantly outbid.

Jake Ballard - I think he gets resigned
                            Kareem McKenzie - This may well be his last season in Blue, or football for that matter.

Aaron Ross - fat chance

Terrell Thomas - this really depends on his contract demands. I'm sure the Giants will try to get him back, but coming off surgery, someone else may make a high dollar bid, like the eagles did with SS12.

Jonathon Goff - I see him resigning for reasonable dollars.
                            [/quote]

Comment

Manningham- YES - But for a mid-range contract

Jake Ballard- YES - It won't be for the contract Boss got in Oakland...which was way overpaid

Kareem McKenzie- Quite likely NO- unless he is will to take a significant paycut

Aaron Ross- TBD- will need to close out this season strong for us to pursue him hard...he is older

Terrell Thomas- YES- it may be a 1 year deal to see how much ability he retains after rehab...I'd give him a nice one year deal

Jonathon Goff- YES- the reasons are very obvious this year but could also be a 1 year deal for injury reasons...I'd also pad his 1 year deal well so he stays
                              [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X