X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli still gets no respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkRk...yer_detailpage

Re: Eli still gets no respect

Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

couldn't finish it, too much yelling.

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

[/quote]lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.

Comment

Screw them all -- I'm glad that Eli is our guy.

It used to be annoying, his lack of credit due to him. Now I LOVE it actually because I think it drives the Eli-haters NUTS. I love seeing them invent new excuses on why he isn't elite or at bare minimum, great.

Comment

Why does one's legacy have to be determined through comparison?

Comment

Just to clarify, Skip was explaining why other people possibly don't see Eli in that same class. It's the little, nonsensical things that people analyze and go with at times.

They don't like Eli's boyscout attitude.

They don't like Eli's lack of emotion during interviews.

Then the worst thing is that people can't seem to talk about Eli's achievements without comparing him to Peyton. The only QB's he should be compared to is the 04 draft class and that's it.

Comment

it's so stupid when people say he is not a leader and he doesn't show passion on the field. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! he is without a doubt the leader of this team and usually does a fist pump and has fire in his eyes after a TD. I'm sorry he doesn't do a little fairy pump up celebration before games or a lame *** TD dance.

Comment

They don't like his personality which is ****ingridiculous...He not a pretty boy,he doesn't have enought swag... all the reasons were about Eli the person who by the way comes across as a damn good person....Eli is who he is, ahard working fine young man who happens to be a damn good QB ...When it isall said a done Eli's #'s will be what gets him into the hall not him personality...I like how he is... he's thereal dealnot some show off me guy....In the mean time I'll enjoy what he's doing for us fans and **** these stupid useless elitedebates...its a waste of time....

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Gmen2005"]Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

[/quote]lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.
                  [/quote]I think Skip is in denial. Only an idiot will judge the skills of a player by how cool he looks or how impressive his interviews are. By now, we all know that Eli belongs among the elite.

Comment

I don't watch Skip much really but I can already tell the dude is nothing but a professional troll. He's the Adam Rank of ESPN it seems.

Though it seems that he hates Terell Suggs more than anyone else.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]it's so stupid when people say he is not a leader and he doesn't show passion on the field. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! he is without a doubt the leader of this team and usually does a fist pump and has fire in his eyes after a TD. I'm sorry he doesn't do a little fairy pump up celebration before games or a lame *** TD dance.[/quote]

Quote from Eli after SB42:

"You can't be something
                      you're not, you can't act a certain way to try to please fans or
                      people. You have to be true to yourself and you can't try to say things
                      or do things because you think it's what people want you to do. Your
                      players will read that out."

Comment

they will have no other option but to put him AT peytons level when he wins his second superbowl MVP.

sadly he will need to double his brothers superbowls to get out of his shadow

Comment

I think it's pretty pathetic that yelling and being a macho d-bag factor in to "what makes a great QB".

Not that Peyton is a macho dbag, but he certainly did he fair share of yelling.

Fact of the matter is, those guys operate in a world based on sizzle and not steak. So, yea, it's gonna be pretty damn hard for them to look at someone like Eli and be truly impressed.

Also, it doesn't help that people don't like to admit when they are wrong. So, since everyone was writing Eli off after that Carolina playoff game, they don't want to flip-flop now and admit time told a more complete, better story.

Comment

LOL at diminishing a player's merit because one does not like his personality/demeanor and ignoring said player's accomplishments on the field...

Skip Bayless aka the best troll there is...ya gotta love him...

BTW..why was that bald guy (the anti-Eli one) shouting so goddamn loud...bro...everyone is within an earshot of you...its acceptable to speak in a normal tone.

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

[/quote]
                              Agreed
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X