Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Eli being an elite QB still a debate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Eli being an elite QB still a debate?

What the **** does he need to do to end this bs? Walk on water? I am not an Eli homer, but he has all the tools to be deemed elite. He is clutch (best fourth quarter play in the business), he is tough (current leader in consecutive games), he makes plays (ask Green Bay and San Fran), and has the stats to make him comparable to the best QBs in the league. Mt Rushmore has 4 presidents on it. The active NFL QB Mt Rushmore has 4 QB's and Eli Manning deserves his spot on there. Crack is obviously in most NFL ANALysts' cheerios. People are always quick to point to his body language, yet he has been fired up as hell in this current run. That is no longer an excuse. Why the hate?
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Re: Why is Eli being an elite QB still a debate?

[quote user="sharick88"]What the **** does he need to do to end this bs? Walk on water? I am not an Eli homer, but he has all the tools to be deemed elite. He is clutch (best fourth quarter play in the business), he is tough (current leader in consecutive games), he makes plays (ask Green Bay and San Fran), and has the stats to make him comparable to the best QBs in the league. Mt Rushmore has 4 presidents on it. The active NFL QB Mt Rushmore has 4 QB's and Eli Manning deserves his spot on there. Crack is obviously in most NFL ANALysts' cheerios. People are always quick to point to his body language, yet he has been fired up as hell in this current run. That is no longer an excuse. Why the hate?[/quote]

NFL analyst equate two things to QB elitness consistency and rings brady has all the rings and peyton has been consistently on top of his game for a long time with one ring. i think if eli wins this one the debate will have to cease cause he will be in a different bracket than rodgers, brees, peyton he will be next to brady in current QB's with more than one ring. and the fact that he's had a stellar year cut down the only thing that they harped on last year the interceptions, plus his play in the playoffs and the ring if he gets it. yeah they will have no choice but to acknowledge him.

Comment

It's not debatable anymore than the earth circles around the sun. If some people want to argue that the sun revolves around the earth, and that Eli is not an elite QB, then let them bang their heads against the wall.

We'll be laughing at them when Eli enters the HOF, eventually.

Comment

Why isn't Roethlisberger elite?

Is it just me, or is he turning into the new Eli?

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"]Why isn't Roethlisberger elite?

Is it just me, or is he turning into the new Eli?[/quote]Cause he's just not that good lol.

Comment

If Eli played in the same system that Brees and Rodgers do he would pretty much have similar numbers to them. Those teams pretty much run the spread, almost never run the ball, most of the "running game" for those systems is screen passes, short passes and check downs. Giants still run the ball 20+ times a game. Don't get me wrong, Rodgers and Brees are elite hands down, but look what Matt Flynn did that game Aaron Rodgers rested.

Comment

ELI is a beast.

lets not forget big ben has 2 superbowl rings

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]ELI is a beast.

[/quote]

Big Ben has 1 superbowl ring, Bill Leavy has 1 superbowl ring.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]ELI is a beast.

[/quote]Pitt won the 1st one with Ben trying to give the game away, but the refs blew the 1st official SB game.

The other one he played well, but it was the Cards, who had no defense.

It is what it is.
                  Peace,
                  DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

......Big Ben has 1 superbowl ring, Bill Leavy has 1 superbowl ring.

ain't that the truth....

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]ELI is a beast.

[/quote]Pitt won the 1st one with Ben trying to give the game away, but the refs blew the 1st official SB game. The other one he played well, but it was the Cards, who had no defense. It is what it is.[/quote]

Ben has been to 3 SBs and won 2. Trying to discredit his performance in his first SB run because he had a poor SB performance (but great in the playoffs and regular season) is like saying Eli didn't really win his first SB because the defense won it.

Let's look in the mirror a bit shall we? However you want to slice it, Ben deserves to be in the elite category if Eli is. I really don't care which one is better, but if you think Eli is "elite", then you should think Ben is also. Otherwise, you're just being hypocritical.

Comment

The debate still goes on because people are in love with their own opinions and will do whatever they can do hold onto them. The truth is, whether we win this game or not (I think we will), we got through the regular season on the back of Eli Manning and his receivers. Eli is elite....it is no longer in doubt.

That being said, we don't win any playoff game this year without offense, defense and special teams. Which is how it should be. Teams win championships not players.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

even if eli wins this coming superbowl.....haters will just up the ante.....now if he repeats as champ..that would shut everybody up

Comment

who cares anymore.

Its such a dead horse and in the long run means absolutley nothing...

If some day he belongs in the HOF these debates wont matter one bit and wont even be a consideration.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

If you're going to take anything out of this post, take the word, "perception". The reason why I think it's still a debate among NFL Analysts and even some fans is 2 fold i imo:

1) NFL Analysts need something to talk about. Half the time they just muck something up and have 2 sides purposely take opposite stands.

2) For all intensive purposes, Eli has had only 1 clearly "elite" season, and that is this year. Prior to this year he's been up and down up and down and people didn't know what to make of him. He's been labeled and removing one is very difficult. Also, some people need more then 1 year to be convinced.

#2 is debatable which I'm not going to get into. But one thing that people forget is that when it comes to labeling players, perception is everything. Agree with it or not, Eli has been labeled by the public as inconsistent. And we all know that once you're labeled, it's extremely difficult to change that. Can you imagine the class "geek" trying to become a "jock"? Impossible.

Just let me stress one more time that, being "elite" or whatever term you want to use, is based strictly on perception. You can argue until you're blue in the face about why Eli really had great years all along and this year is no different, etc etc, but if the majority of the people don't perceive it that way, it won't matter and you're going to be perceived as a nut case. I went to a private school back in the day and our headmaster gave an hour long lecture about labeling and changing labels within the High School. Looking back it was a great lecture.

You are what you're labeled as. You can change a label, but it's going to take time and you can't expect people to change over night. Eli - same deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X