Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the new Nike NYG jerseys going to look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the new Nike NYG jerseys going to look like?

"...the NFL apparel contract is being turned over from Reebok to rival Nike" "Once the Super Bowl’s over, that’s the end of the Reebok NFL licensing.
    They have until the end of the 2011 season," said Sports Authority
    district manager Tyler Reed

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.s...rt_supply.html

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but this is news to me. I've seen the crazy looking concept jerseys that you can easily google. But then there is always someone saying that they're fake.

Anyone know?

Re: What are the new Nike NYG jerseys going to look like?

Probably like my profile pic. Combat Gear!

Comment

I assume that if the teams want them to stay the same, they mostly will. Reebok outsourced the production of jerseys and I believe I saw Nike will use that same company.

They'd piss off a lot of teams/fans if they college football'd the crap out of old school jerseys (Giants, Packers, Cowboys, Bears, etc)

Comment

[quote user="DartLax 36"]I assume that if the teams want them to stay the same, they mostly will. Reebok outsourced the production of jerseys and I believe I saw Nike will use that same company.

They'd piss off a lot of teams/fans if they college football'd the crap out of old school jerseys (Giants, Packers, Cowboys, Bears, etc)[/quote]

I know I personally wouldn't be happy about it. I'm afraid they're gonna try too hard and get cute with the uni's. Keep it simple.

Just can't escape this image in my head:

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/im...3aaR2SIARhDcHQ

[+o(]

Comment

Nike is making the jerseys - yes...

do they have any say over what the team wants? NO

maybe some use of more "modern" material.. i think that would be interesting, but as far as overall look i'm betting we see little to no appearance changes.

Comment

exactly the way they look right now

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]

You think so? Because I'm going to buy a victor cruz jersey ASAP

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]

You think so? Because I'm going to buy a victor cruz jersey ASAP[/quote]

if you think John Mara is going to sign off on some crazy college looking design Nike offers him yr out of yr mind

they love the current classics

his father loved the classics

they will look the same

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]Not exactly[:|]

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]Not exactly[:|][/quote]

ok a swoosh where the Reebok symbol is

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]Not exactly[:|][/quote]

ok a swoosh where the Reebok symbol is[/quote]

Lol okay, yeah I figured they wouldn't shy away.

Those college jerseys look like *** to me

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]

You think so? Because I'm going to buy a victor cruz jersey ASAP[/quote]

if you think John Mara is going to sign off on some crazy college looking design Nike offers him yr out of yr mind

they love the current classics

his father loved the classics

they will look the same[/quote]
                        I assume it's going to be like when the NHL switched jersey rights 5 years ago. Some teams will change, others will not. The Rangers basically stayed the same.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]Not exactly[:|][/quote]

ok a swoosh where the Reebok symbol is[/quote]do you know if they will be keeping the grey pants?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote] You think so? Because I'm going to buy a victor cruz jersey ASAP[/quote] if you think John Mara is going to sign off on some crazy college looking design Nike offers him yr out of yr mind they love the current classics his father loved the classics they will look the same[/quote]

very good point.

i just wonder what the lines of authority are for this kinda thing.

obviously the giants are a privately held entity, but the NFL has some say as to how the branding of the teams are handled.

but your point is still the main issue: i trust Mara to protect the integrity of our brand.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="YATittle1962"]exactly the way they look right now[/quote]Not exactly[:|][/quote] ok a swoosh where the Reebok symbol is[/quote]Now pure speculation on my part. But I would notexpect to see some of the more outlandish college uni well maybe some teams.But some subtlecolor changes along with a different cut and fit to the present ones.Again IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X