Is Manningham gone next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Manningham gone next year?

I'm pretty sure his contract is up after the super bowl... With the emergence of victor cruz, is he going to resign with us?

Re: Is Manningham gone next year?

I think he will get paid pretty well in the offseason.... Better paid than the giants can afford.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think he will get paid pretty well in the offseason.... Better paid than the giants can afford.[/quote]

i would agree with that.

i'm not a huge manningham fan. barring a Tyree moment, i don't seem him as a giant.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think that we'll be able to afford him. He's a # 2 WR on most other teams, and possibly even a # 1 on some others. If I were the Jets, I'd be looking to bring him in.

I'd love to keep him, but I just can't see it happening. I'd focus on Nicks and Cruz for the long term because I think they're more consistent. Which means that we mean need to draft another WR this year...or possibly give SS another shot at a really low rate.

Comment

Probably. The need to sign Nicks and Cruz to long term deals if they can
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If the Giants are able to resign him cheap, then they'll keep him. But with many players like Nicks, Cruz, and JPP needing to get resigned soon we shouldn't pay a lot for a third receiver.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Probably. The need to sign Nicks and Cruz to long term deals if they can
              [/quote]

Cruz is signed through next year, and given the way they handled smith (his last year, the year after he broke receiving records, he was paid $700k) i don't know if they'll top him up early.

i don't know when Nicks contract is up.

sigpic

Comment

Roy Williams be a good option? He's a FA

Comment

If they an't afford him they better get someone else... Nicks gets injured constantly.

I'd like to keep the trio together but I bet Mario wants to move to a bigger role. Who knows though.

Comment

I really hope not. Hes one of the most under rated receivers in the league.

Comment

If the Giants win the Super Bowl, everybody on the team has their prices raised. It always happens. As good as he is, I don't think their #3 WR is one of their "must keep" players. He is gonna want a much bigger raise than his current $555K salary he is making now. Giants are gonna have a lot of their star players who will demand more money soon so that is something to think about.

It should be an interesting offseason.

Comment

keep the 3 three amigos lol
                        "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]keep the 3 three amigos lol[/quote]

Quick! Name the 3 Amigos from the Denver Broncos back in the day!

Vance Johnson, Ricky Natiel, and .....hmmm

Comment

[quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]If they an't afford him they better get someone else... Nicks gets injured constantly.

I'd like to keep the trio together but I bet Mario wants to move to a bigger role. Who knows though.[/quote]

Injured constantly? He missed 6 games in 48 games (3 seasons). Only missed 1 game this season. I am not worried about his health.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think he will get paid pretty well in the offseason.... Better paid than the giants can afford.[/quote]

This.

I doubt the Giants pony up the money to keep him.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                              X