So...Wilfork vs The Giants offensive line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Wilfork vs The Giants offensive line

Just what the title says, how do you think the o-line deals with Wilfork? He looks to be a major problem.

Re: So...Wilfork vs The Giants offensive line

He will be a major problem and they need to run away from him or let him through and screen over his head.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

He is a major force. Bass, Snee and Boothe have to have big games on the inside of the line.

Comment

They'll need to adjust their blocking schemes to ensure that he gets double teamed wherever he lines up b/c the pats move him around alot. The only time he should be single blocked is when the play is going away from him.
        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Run away from him.

Comment

They won't.
            I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game.
            3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.

Comment

[quote user="FlyingTruck"]They won't.
              I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game.
              3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.[/quote]

Agreed.

Super Bowl Predictions 2012: Vince Wilfork's MVP Performance Will Carry Patriots:
              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...carry-patriots

Comment

Not to worried about Wilfork vs the pass. Eli has done very well finding receivers when hes forced out side the pocket. Even if he does get to Eli, Eli will brush it off and bounce right back. Wilfork getting good penetration against the run game is a cause for some concern but Giants should be fine against him as long as they stay out of 3rd and shorts.

Comment

[quote user="swimeasy"][quote user="FlyingTruck"]They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.[/quote]

Agreed.

Super Bowl Predictions 2012: Vince Wilfork's MVP Performance Will Carry Patriots:
                  [/quote]

If he's really that unstoppable, how come I don't remember all that much pressure on Eli in SB 42? The guy IS a great player, but what did he do to us in SB 42 and in the game this regular season? I'm not being a wise guy, but I just don't remember him accomplishing all that much against us. Am I wrong?

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="swimeasy"][quote user="FlyingTruck"]They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.[/quote]

Agreed.

[/quote]

If he's really that unstoppable, how come I don't remember all that much pressure on Eli in SB 42? The guy IS a great player, but what did he do to us in SB 42 and in the game this regular season? I'm not being a wise guy, but I just don't remember him accomplishing all that much against us. Am I wrong?

[/quote]

Did you read the article?

If not I'll save you the headache, the author made this statement. Try not to laugh out loud.

"The Giants are not lacking for talent on the defensive line. Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck might be the best defensive end trio in the NFL. The difference between those three and Wilfork is that they are one-dimensional players"

Maybe Osi is not the best against the run, but Tuck and JPP are one of the best d-ends in the league at stopping the run.

Now speaking of Wilfork, the guy is a beast. He gave fits to the Ravens offense last week, he was in the backfield all game.

I bet the Giants will devise a game plan to neutralize Wilfork. Make the big man have to run laterally. Get him off his feet.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Well they handled him this year already, but they had Boothe in the game instead of Baas.

Comment

[quote user="FlyingTruck"]They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.[/quote]

when did any of us ever think the key to beating the patriots would be dealing with wilfolk instead of brady?

but that's totally it.

the way the 3-4 defense is designed if you can't handle the nose, you're in huge trouble.

they know that if we're struggling to handle wilfolk we'll be looking for quick passes and screens and running away from him, blah blah blah.

we simply need to do a better job with him than the Ravens did.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

Agreed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure the 07 Oline can be compared to this year's Oline. Like our defense, Pats defense has also improved in the playoffs. He will have to be accounted for when he is on the field, especially if we hope to have some semblance of a running game. I do trust they will have some special game planning for him, but will come down to execution. He is a key reason I have been keeping any overconfidence I might have in check.

Comment

While Wilfork played out of his mind against the Ravens, keep in mind that that was probably the best I've ever seen him play.

The Pats defense is definitely playing better but it's not remotely close to what we just faced with the 49ers.

Wilfork will be disruptive but I don't think he will be a game changer come Feb 5th.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

Agreed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

you're not wrong, but people were and are saying the same thing about our offense and defense from the regular season compared to the playoffs.

but our defense is clearly better and will kick you in the teeth, as GB and SF and ATL found out.

Same think with Wilfork.

Maybe wilfork has been nuring an injury and now he's better, maybe his old lady and him made up and he's got balance in his personal life, maybe he plans on retiring after this year.

whatever it is, he was unbelievable against the ravens, unbelievable against the broncos and i would say i like their interior lines ALOT better than i like ours.

we just need to do a better job dealing with him, because all of the low hanging fruit solutions (Screens, quick passes run to the outside) will be gameplanned for by BB. Count on it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X