Even if we win this Superbowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if we win this Superbowl

I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense.

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal.

Anyone else feel like this?

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win.

Re: Even if we win this Superbowl

[quote user="TuckYou"]

I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense.

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal.

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win.

[/quote]

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot. In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times. I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Um no, I think my family and I are going to go absolutely CRAZY.....

Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot. In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times. I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.

[/quote]

eh, Id say 3 out of 5. But thats what made that one more fun to watch. The longer we hung in there, the more it was like "Holy SH!%, we could slay the gigantic fu&%@# dragon!" This time its like, I almost half expect us to whoop some Brady ***.

Comment

it will be a different feeling, more a feeling of pure satisfaction, we will all be at peace knowing that we have a great QB, a great team, a great staff ... we will all be full of pride

whereas in 2007 it was more of a fairy tail ... more of a david vs. goliath and even though we know now that the big "upset" was really not much of an upset at all .... at the time the Pats did seem larger than life

Comment

Every time you make it to the Super Bowl is a special run. I am just as pumped up now as I was in 2007.

Comment

Regardless. ALL Giants fans need to enjoy this. You never know when you'll be back here again, enjoy the hype and everything that leads up to the game, hopefully at its conclusion we'll be the last guys standing.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Regardless. ALL Giants fans need to enjoy this. You never know when you'll be back here again, enjoy the hype and everything that leads up to the game, hopefully at its conclusion we'll be the last guys standing.
                [/quote]

Oh, I 100% absolutely am.

Maybe Im getting this feeling cause it is against the Pats again. I really was hoping it was the Ravens. I wanted to make up for that 2000 feeling.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"]

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,*we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.*I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08*feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.*Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal.

[/quote]

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot.* In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times.* I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.

[/quote]

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times?

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

It won't be AS exciting for me because SB 42 was all about beating a team going for perfection. Brady marches down in the 4th quarter to take the lead with 2-1/2 minutes left, and we answer with the winning TD with 34 seconds left. The D getting to Brady; Eli escaping the grasp and Tyree's helmet catch.

I thought we had a good chance going into that game, but when we won it -- the way we won it -- was simply amazing. As soon as I got home from my friend's house (who was a Jet fan...I was feeling for the poor guy), I signed up on these boards because I could not go to sleep. I pulled an all nighter reading ESPN and watching highlights, and still made it into work the next morning.

Comment

I was thinking the other day what my reaction would be to winning the Super Bowl this time compared to four years ago. I really don't know how I would react. Obviously I'll be excited as hell, but I don't think I'll run around shaking and spraying beer cans like I did last time.

Honestly, I feel like this run has been more exciting than the last one. I feel more pumped after each win, I don't know why, but if they win the big one I just don't know what my reaction will be. I guess it depends how drunk I get.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

eh, Id say 3 out of 5. But thats what made that one more fun to watch. The longer we hung in there, the more it was like "Holy SH!%, we could slay the gigantic fu&%@# dragon!" This time its like, I almost half expect us to whoop some Brady ***.

[/quote]

I'd probably wont' be as giddy as I was in 2007, that's for sure- should we win this year.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd probably wont' be as giddy as I was in 2007, that's for sure- should we win this year.

[/quote]
                          I'll probably crap my pants if we win.

Comment

i really don't see how this is any less special.

we were 7-7 and had to knock off 5 wins in a row to get here. it has been just as crazy of a run.

this is really special stuff.

Comment

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="gumby742"][quote user="TuckYou"]

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,*we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.*I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08*feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.*Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal.

[/quote]

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot.* In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times.* I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.

[/quote]

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times?[/quote]

Going into the 07 SB i felt we had a great shot at beating the " unbeatable" because of what we did to them 2 weeks before. No one else had come up with the game plan we threw at them; because no one had the horses we had and no one had the DC to use them properly. I always laugh when a patsies fan tells me about winning the 07 SB when a guy caught a ball on his head and I respond appropriately: " Oh, and the defense that squashed the team and brady all game long had nothing to due with the WIN, Eh?

I'm excited about beating these guys again, they're more arrogant then they were in 07 and thats not a good sign for the patsies: " Pride comes before a fall"!!! Go Giants!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X