Why the Giants are the villians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Giants are the villians

I think the dislike and distaste of the Giants from non-fans really comes down to one thing. I think many people, especially the “new generation” of NFL fans want the game to be modernized and flashy much like other professional sports leagues have become. And the giants are the antithesis to this idea.

The NBA has become about a “superstar’s game”. The MLB is all about high powered slugging teams and a game of payrolls. The NHL went through a major change regarding rule changes following it’s lockout and has become more modernized as well. The culture of American professional sports has been changing for the past ten years now.

Now let’s take a look at four teams in particular. The New England Patriots, the New York Giants, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Green Bay Packers. These are all VERY traditional teams with a certain code of conduct and integrity that has been upheld for a very long time. Hell, three of those teams don’t even have cheerleaders!

It’s all about tradition. I think people are upset that they were wrong about the Giants organization being behind with the times. They are upset we don’t have divas and superstar egos in our locker room and we are STILL successful. And even if we DO have divas, we make them professionals (i.e. Antrell Rolle). Coughlin and the Mara family bring a culture to this team. The culture is appreciation for values and traditions, and ultimately building a TEAM. A football team that no matter what the record is, they still have a chance to be successful. So yes, non-giants fans and other teams are jealous. Most teams have adapted to the “new” NFL; however the ones who haven’t have been the most successful in the 2000s.

Just my two cents.

Re: Why the Giants are the villians

You're thinking too much. I'm willing to bet the Giants don't receive any more dislike than any other SB team of the past, we just see it now because we are in the postseason.

I'm sure the nation would prefer Giants winning than NE.

Comment

Yeah, maybe you're right. I guess it's easy to think a little too much waiting for these two weeks to go by. I want this super bowl so badly.

Comment

[quote user="bleedblueVA"]I think the dislike and distaste of the Giants from non-fans really comes down to one thing. I think many people, especially the “new generation” of NFL fans want the game to be modernized and flashy much like other professional sports leagues have become. And the giants are the antithesis to this idea. The NBA has become about a “superstar’s game”. The MLB is all about high powered slugging teams and a game of payrolls. The NHL went through a major change regarding rule changes following it’s lockout and has become more modernized as well. The culture of American professional sports has been changing for the past ten years now. Now let’s take a look at four teams in particular. The New England Patriots, the New York Giants, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Green Bay Packers. These are all VERY traditional teams with a certain code of conduct and integrity that has been upheld for a very long time. Hell, three of those teams don’t even have cheerleaders! It’s all about tradition. I think people are upset that they were wrong about the Giants organization being behind with the times. They are upset we don’t have divas and superstar egos in our locker room and we are STILL successful. And even if we DO have divas, we make them professionals (i.e. Antrell Rolle). Coughlin and the Mara family bring a culture to this team. The culture is appreciation for values and traditions, and ultimately building a TEAM. A football team that no matter what the record is, they still have a chance to be successful. So yes, non-giants fans and other teams are jealous. Most teams have adapted to the “new” NFL; however the ones who haven’t have been the most successful in the 2000s. Just my two cents.[/quote]weshouldget some..

its all about winning and winning often.. no different than everyone hating the Yankees or Canadiens, Montreal Canadiensnot Canadians (as if you could hate Canadians)

Comment

It's the expectations that get crushed. 19-0 Patriots, 2011 Packers vs. Saints NFC Championship game,etc... Not happening and too bad!

Sorry to general concensus but the Giants can kick butt.

Comment

People don't hate us, other than NFCE and Jets fans.

And also I think most people hate the flashy teams. Non jets fans hate the jets for the most part, same with cowboys.

People also hate the Steelers and Patriots more than us for sure.

Comment

Villians never teams like the Jets,Cowboys,Ravens they are the Villians!!! Nobody in florida think the New York Football Giants are Villians!!!

Comment

Why are the Ravens villains?

Comment

i currently live in Florida and always roll with my giants gear everywhere i go.
                  i am constantly given congrats and good luck wishes.
                  and nobody wants to bet either.
                  not even a gentleman's bet at even money.
                  due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I'm new here but been a fan for years. I really hope they win. Don't you think they are going to?

Comment

They will

Comment

The biggest reason the Giants are being treated like villains is simple.

We look at them as hardworkers. The teams we go up against look at them as confident and they just don't want to see this resurrect in NY

Comment

Hey now, John Mara gave in on the smoke machines...
                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

No one sees us as the villans. New England is definitely "the bad guys" in this one, especially because they are favored.

And our game is that traditional, we can't run the ball and we air it out constantly.
                            I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

I think you are spot on and would go as far as to say there are probably those in the NFL that are fustrated by the Giants old fashioned "stubborness."

As to the younger fans, generally, they are unaware of how much the game changed in just the last 5-10 years. For example, Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson would have no place in today's NFL. Aikman & Young could of play in today's league until they were 45 instead of leaving with injury issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X