Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Giants biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Giants biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control Mark Anderson, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back Brandon Jacobs into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3.

Re: What is the Giants biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

First it would have been run blocking, but now it is pass blocking along with run blocking.

On the defense, just rattle Brady. He is mortal once that happens.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

BB, and whatever special surprises he may dial up for us.

And I don't believe that BJ will be our RB that will do damage. It will be AB. And if AB can't get the ball moving at all, then our run game is in trouble because I don't have any faith in BJ getting the job done over an entire game. He may have his moments, but he's no longer a starting RB -- at least not with this O-line's run game ability.

Comment

My keys to the game:

1.) Oline trench war - Have to protect eli. We were fortunate to survive in San Fran...can't take that chance again. Pass protection is more key to me than the run blocking. Eli should have no issue picking the secondary apart with adequate time/space. Running just needs to be sufficient enough to create balance and help move the chains.

2.) Disrupting Brady - Need to throw his timing off like we did earlier this year. We got Brady extremely frustrated and he loses accuracy and forces ball when he gets that way. Sacks are nice but not necessary in my opinion. More importantly just need to disrupt him. He will be forced to work the middle of the field again.

3.) Turnovers - As always we must protect the ball. Patriots make you pay when you turn the ball over. We can't afford to give them any help. Hopefully with the disruptions on Brady we will be able to grab a pick or two for ourselves.

Comment

I would have to say Wes Welker is a mismatch, he's too quick for Aaron Ross to cover. Welker will have a big day.

Not too concerned about pass blocking, NE front 7 is hardly 49ers front 7, and I doubt the Giants will pass the ball over 50 times again.

Can't give up any big plays to Brady, those are just emotional daggers in big games.

Can't get into a shoot-out with Brady, time of possession is very crucial. Patriots scored over 30 points in 12 out of 16 regular season games, that's scary.

NO MISTAKES, we've seen how it destroys a team first-hand.

Comment

Wilfork was a beast. How do we contain that guy? That is key for the O-line. I think we will be able to run against the Pats. I expect BJ and AB to go over 100+ combined. Eli needs to have a big game and should by all accounts.

If our D-line gets pressure on Brady I don't think this will be close. But that is not a given. SF 0-lin isn't the best and they pretty much held us in check. Pats are going to have to play much better than they did against the Ravens to have a chance.

Comment

[quote user="running girl"]Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control Mark Anderson, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will* have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back Brandon Jacobs into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3.[/quote]
              I am going to say Nicks shoulder.
              I hope he is able to Be at 100%
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Brady via Welker and Hernandez in particular. I have confidence that our offense will put up big numbers.

Comment

2 words. Vince Wilfork.

Comment

Its getting to Tom Brady... If we get to brady I think we "Cruz"

Comment

I would say 1 - 2 - 3
                      # 1 Better Pass Protection / Proctec : Eli
                      # 2 Better Long Snaps
                      # 3 Better Ball Running

Comment

The biggest concern I have is Brady getting hot.

More than anything, the Giants have to get him moving around. Brady is deadly from the pocket, but on the run, he's not Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. So pushing the middle is going to be huge. Canty/Bernard/Joseph could be the unsung heroes of this SB.

On offense, the Giants have to smoke the Patriots secondary. I think the Giants defense will slow Brady down, but not enough to win without alot more points than they scored v. 49ers. I think the Giants will need to score 30+ points, and most of that is going to be in the air.

Jacobs has to have a good game, too....the Giants have to get those 3rd and short conversions.

Comment

2 words

LOST MOMENTUM

Comment

1. Ball Security

2. Momentum

3. Pass Rush

4. Mind set

Comment

this guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X