Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...tqi1ZAXnfp5zEI

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

Re: Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

I am sure they will do no huddle. It keeps the Giants from subbing and keeping there d-line fresh.

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.
      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind.. while there dinking and dunking Eli will be burying them early with quick scores..

Comment

I know it's not what they do but I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants running the no huddle once in a while.

I think the Giants defense will see the no huddle. Can they handle it? I think so.

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind..[/quote]

Yeah, but the Giants were prepared for Buffalo's no huddle as they used it most of the season. If the Pats throw it in there, it will be a complete surprise.

But I do like the idea of the Giants going no huddle for a few series - if only to throw off Wilfork

Comment

My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.

Comment

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link) http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...tqi1ZAXnfp5zEI Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off? I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.
                [/quote]

I agree. Other teams have thrown the no huddle at us. We will adept.. I say we overcome

Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

As long as they go 3 & out ..they can go NO HUDDLE all day...that's the objective.

Comment

[quote user="Kendo15"]

My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.

[/quote]
                    There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. Specially with us beating them in their home earlier this season just to add fuel to the fire.

However, I don't think for a second that we don't want it badly too. Guys like Tuck and Rolle (no pun intended) will make sure this team is hungry as hell for this.

Comment

To the OP- Yes, I think we can definitely expect the "no-huddle" for as long as it's working.

But this is where I feel that Reese's personnel decisions, in placing high value on versatility, comes in handy.

We have:

[*]A LB who can play DE in Kiwi[*]Two DEs that can play DT effectively against the run/pass in Tuck and JPP[*]A Safety that can play a hybrid LB/S in Grant[*]A Safety that can play a hybrid S/Nickel CB, yet still be a very effective run-stopper in Rolle[*]And 2 LBs that can make the defensive calls in Boley or Blackburn.[/list]
                        All of this is to say that when we get "stuck" with certain personnel on the field, it's not the end of the world the way it would be for most teams. We have the ability to morph into whatever we need to depending on whatever chess game they want to do with motioning their Elite TEs.

Pats, to me, are Green Bay with less outside, deep threats. Though, I take nothing away from BB or Brady.

Comment

I think we can count on it -- keeps our guys tired and prevents substitutions, and leads to mismatches (e.g. if we go big safety sets with 3 DL they run; if we have a big package in they flood the field with WRs).

They also know they have to get the ball out quick -- probably see lots of screens to the TEs and quick slants to Welker.

And he'll also pick up a few cheap "too many men on the field" penalties when we try to sub. They really need to reevaluate that rule so if the player is clearly leaving the field it doesn't count.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link) http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...tqi1ZAXnfp5zEI Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off? I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

it will be a cat and mouse game.

quick throws can be dangerous especially for a team that plays zone like we do.

no one in the NFL can get away with doing just one thing the whole game, Brady just looked uncomfortable and confused both times we played him, and i'm sure we kept changing things up so he couldn't get a feel for what he was looking at.

i would think that the Pats will try and do the same thing and keep things changing.

I'll say this, if Vince Wilfork is somehow prevented from doing what he's done in both playoff games the Pats have had this year, we probably win.

i don't think that the Pats have enough talent on defense to defend a QB that is talented and confident to make throws into tight places. they got scorched most of the season, and faced Tebow and Flacco in the offseason.

if Wilfork is less of a factor in our game than he has been in the other two, our defense willhave more success against the Pats offensethan their defense will have againstEli.

sigpic

Comment

I mentioned this in the "Wilfork" thread yesterday. That the Giants could use the "no huddle" to tire Wilfork. Then added that the Pats will probably be using it during the game as well....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="Kendo15"]

[/quote]

BB and Brady have been aching for it, but don't think for a second that they didn't get near as pumped up for the regular season game they had against us.

the difference is they have more time to prepare for this game.

but i don't think they wanted that regular season game less than they would any other game that mattered against the giants.

Also, keep in mind there's only 8 returning players on the Pats from that SB loss.

so no doubt the coaching staff and those 8 guys want it pretty bad, everyone else will be playing for a championship.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X