Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Plax unwittingly start us on our Super Bowl Run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Plax unwittingly start us on our Super Bowl Run?

Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ master mind manipulator ] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out

By no means was this the only reason we are where we are........but?

Any thoughts?

Re: Did Plax unwittingly start us on our Super Bowl Run?

I would think it was big mouth Rex that got our juices flowing more than Plax.

Comment

How about it was the NEW YORK GIANTS that started their own superbowl run.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ master mind manipulator ] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

well i think that was the game that obviously started this run for us, even though I think we really turned the corner vs GB and then just let down vs Wash.

But I def think Ryan was trying to play with our guys minds, not sure they cared either way. I think they were just more happy for plax on a personal level
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]I would think it was big mouth Rex that got our juices flowing more than Plax.[/quote]

+1. Yeah, I think Rex was actually able to motivate a NY football team -- ours.

I don't know how the Giants players felt, but I thought Rex was trying to be a wise ***. I'm not even a Rex hater, but he deserves extra servings of crow for all of his talk regardless of whether or not we win the SB.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4ME"]How about it was the NEW YORK GIANTS that started their own superbowl run.
            [/quote]

^^ this

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="NYG4ME"]How about it was the NEW YORK GIANTS that started their own superbowl run.
              [/quote]

Olax gets no credit this time, all gmen

Comment

Rex always does that. He sent Kevin O'Connell out there vs the Patriots. He does that with players playing their former teams.

It's worked wonders for him lol
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

interesting. i highly doubt that had an impact. i think the giants were on a mission, and plaxico was the last thing on their minds.

when i read the thread title, i thought you were gonna go in a different direction with it.

like...after plaxico shot himself, the giants front office seemed to scout receivers better than any other team in the league. since '08 we've gotten hakeem nicks, mario manningham, and victor cruz. not to mention all of the other receivers the giants went after and attempted to groom.

personally, i don't know if i would consider that the key contribution to our current success, as i think the foundation we are winning with now had already been established before plax left. but he we've certainly become a superior passing team since plax has left us. thank eli. thank the receivers. thank both. but it's happened.

Comment

[quote user="pjam84"]interesting. i highly doubt that had an impact. i think the giants were on a mission, and plaxico was the last thing on their minds. when i read the thread title, i thought you were gonna go in a different direction with it. like...after plaxico shot himself, the giants front office seemed to scout receivers better than any other team in the league. since '08 we've gotten hakeem nicks, mario manningham, and victor cruz. not to mention all of the other receivers the giants went after and attempted to groom. personally, i don't know if i would consider that the key contribution to our current success, as i think the foundation we are winning with now had already been established before plax left. but he we've certainly become a superior passing team since plax has left us. thank eli. thank the receivers. thank both. but it's happened.[/quote]

Cruz was a walk on!

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ master mind manipulator ] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can be*sure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

How the team does is more about how well they prepare during the week...so Rex's mouth was a bigger factor...

Comment

Sure, why not? He owed us one anyway!
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Hey 105,

That move looks pretty stupid now.

From the beginning Rex tried to pump up his team at our expense. So there's no doubt he got us fired up. But as for that moment, I don't think the guys had time to really digest it. And after spanking them it just became something to laugh about.

Comment

Black curtains. And win or lose, he's going to need a few extra yards (we have the XXXV logo up there so it goes up no matter what)

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ master mind manipulator ] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can be*sure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out

Any thoughts?

[/quote]Hey SEC. It was either Plax or the guy who hung the green (puke green) drapes over our championship banners near our locker room. lol
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X