Gronk update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronk update

Dont know if this was said already but according to NFL network ,Gronkowski will have surgery on his ankle after season is over.Does this really mean anything as far as him as him playing (is ankle that bad)in the SB?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Re: Gronk update

He was walking fine after he got off the plane in INDY?

Comment

It's the SuperBowl.....he's playing

Comment

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
        "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Comment

He will play and be effective
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We beat them with him at 100% in week 9.
            I don't see what all the fuss is about
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="giantcarll"]Dont know if this was said already but according to NFL network ,Gronkowski will have surgery on his ankle after season is over.Does this really mean anything as far as him as him playing (is ankle that bad)in the SB?[/quote]

You are correct. If he needs surgery which I am reading from lots of sources, it is very serious and he probably tore the ligament (grade 3). Just because he walked from an airplane to bus in a boot, some people think he is ok.

The Patriots have to be very careful though. They are clearly rushing him back way too soon and he puts himself at risk of further injury and really messing up that ankle. If the Pats were smart, they would just use him as decoy and block. Shooting it up with a needle and popping pills doesn't do anything but numb the pain. There is a huge risk (further injury) in his career if Gronk is playing in the SB. Why run him down the field in 15 yard route if he is running at 25% and risk further injury?

Comment

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="giantcarll"]Dont know if this was said already but according to NFL network ,Gronkowski will have surgery on his ankle after season is over.Does this really mean anything as far as him as him playing (is ankle that bad)in the SB?[/quote]

You are correct. If he needs surgery which I am reading from lots of sources, it is very serious and he probably tore the ligament (grade 3). Just because he walked from an airplane to bus in a boot, some people think he is ok.

The Patriots have to be very careful though. They are clearly rushing him back way too soon and he puts himself at risk of further injury and really messing up that ankle. If the Pats were smart, they would just use him as decoy and block. Shooting it up with a needle and popping pills doesn't do anything but numb the pain. There is a huge risk (further injury) in his career if Gronk is playing in the SB. Why run him down the field in 15 yard route if he is running at 25% and risk further injury?
                [/quote]

Yeah, i'd expect them to save him for goal line situations. If i remember correctly they went to him 3 straight times to get that go ahead TD against us.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]He will play and be effective[/quote]

I agree. Remember when Brady had a boot before the last Super Bowl? That really slowed him down. Or when TO was hurt when the Eagles made it? Or when Plax didn't practice all year in 2007?

Comment

I heard he came back to play in the same game after the injury. If that's the case I believe he will be ready to go.

Comment

[quote user="NYDestroyer"]I heard he came back to play in the same game after the injury. If that's the case I believe he will be ready to go.
                      [/quote]
                      True.. but I was reading how an injury like his doesn't swell until atleast 24 hours after.

Comment

Gronk Schmonk ! We win !

Comment

He's playing guaranteed. He will probably play a big role in the game as well.

We won't know till Sunday

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]He will play and be effective[/quote]

I wouldn't count on him for the entire game if I was the Pats.
                            Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I just heard on the radio today (I had forgotten), but one of the injuries that Plax played with in SB 42 was a high ankle sprain. He only had 2 catches that game, but one was the game winning TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X