• Show
Clear All

• Da'Rel Scott

Is he still out injured?

Re: Da'Rel Scott

I believe not

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought he was just inactive because they don't have any space for him on the active roster.

Comment

All I know for sure is that he's on the 53-man roster - I don't know how long it has been since he's been active for a game

Comment

Not injured just no need for him . That fumble cost him playing time

Comment

[quote user="DaveRawlings"]Is he still out injured?[/quote]

He had a brief (hopefully) case of fumblitis.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="DaveRawlings"]Is he still out injured?[/quote]

He had a brief (hopefully) case of fumblitis.[/quote]

Luckily Coughlin is good at curing that.

As of now, Ware is the better (albeit less dynamic) option.

Comment

Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams. Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...[/quote]That's how it goes for now, I agree. I did however see some nice flash from him which hopefully develops fully in the future. Go Blue!
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams. Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...[/quote]That's how it goes for now, I agree. I did however see some nice flash from him which hopefully develops fully in the future. Go Blue![/quote]

My only hope for him right now (if he even makes it onto the Superbowl roster) is to run a fake punt for TD against the Patriots again in the Superbowl, when it counts!. LOL!

Comment

More & more I see the need of drafting a RB by round 3-4........
                      Jacobs isn't the same & probaly won't be back, Bradshaw is always hurt, Scott is a RB that can make a big play if given a wide open lane, he's more of straight line speed guy.......
                      And sorry to say, but ware is a below average back....

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...[/quote]

What you say is true, yet, and I would never presume to know what TC is thinking, but I would think the fact that Scott has fumbled more than once on very few touches has him in the "NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS" dog house.

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason. It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...[/quote]

What you say is true, yet, and I would never presume to know what TC is thinking, but I would think the fact that Scott has fumbled more than once on very few touches has him in the "NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS" dog house.

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason.* It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.
                          [/quote]

I'm hoping Da'Rel Scott follows the footsteps of Victor Cruz.
                          Preseason Wonderboy-> first year past-> second year WOOHOO!

Comment

Yes....look for him next year.....not Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason. It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.
                              [/quote]

I don't think that's really the case here. The fact is BJ, Bradshaw and Ware are all healthy, there's no place for Scott at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X