42-10 Patriots Win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42-10 Patriots Win

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I really do NOT like the extreme confidence or the fact that seemingly everyone besides Patriot fans are picking us. Everyone is forgetting that while this may not be the most dominant Patriot team in the last 10 years, they still have Belichick and Brady, and that's all they need to win.

Now, if both teams play their best, I can't see the giants losing, but that's absolutely never a guarantee.

Can I see the giants losing this game? You bet I can!
    [/quote] We are actually the underdog going into this game.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

In fact, the more I think about your post, the more it seems you're building them up to make yourself feel better if we lose.

I'm sorry but Brady and BB is NOT all you need to win a SB. You need a full team clicking. They don't have that right now. They have a TE rushing the ball and a WR playing CB.

Seriously...

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Firenugget"]Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.
        [/quote]

Am I?

We're facing the team that threw for over 5,000 yards this year and our secondary has been very suspect barring a couple of games this year.

On any given Sunday and all that ... we proved that in 2007. I could very well see the Pats proving to us just how good they are come Sunday.

I think it will be a close game because that's generally how SBs play out barring some real big mistakes .... however let's not forget who we're playing (as the media seems to have in an effort to create SB drama).[/quote]

Eli threw for just under 5k also. Whats your point? You wanna talk about secondaries? Have you seen the Pats Defense?

I know any given Sunday, etc...But you're talking like this is the 07 Pats. It's just not. I'm in no way saying we can't lose but to call it an uphill battle...I dunno man, it's a bit much imo. I don't think they beat a single team with a winning record other than the Ravens. We all know what happened there..
        [/quote]

True. I can't argue that we haven't faced the toughest schedule in the league this year, or that the Pats haven't had the easiest.

I'm not sure you can say we played better in the playoffs though. They smoked Denver which had a fairly decent defense and then won a squeaker against one of the best defenses in the league (just like we did against the 49ers).

If anything, I'd say our teams are almost mirror images of eachother .... except that while their offense is more prolific, our defense is playing better.

I agree with the line on the game and I also agree with those that can see this going either way in a close game.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"]In fact, the more I think about your post, the more it seems you're building them up to make yourself feel better if we lose.

I'm sorry but Brady and BB is NOT all you need to win a SB. You need a full team clicking. They don't have that right now. They have a TE rushing the ball and a WR playing CB.

Seriously...
          [/quote]

They won 3 Super Bowls with a Linebacker playing Tight End.

Know your foe.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that?

Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history.

I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday.

Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

Agreed, either team can put the other away this Sunday, but with all due respect - as steeped in awesomeness as the Pats are, to go and bring up the atrocity we suffered in SB 35 is not a fair comparison. NO NFC team would've gotten past that Raven defense. The Pats defense - or any defense in the league this past season - came anywhere near to standing in the same room with that stifling defense.

The only way I see huge numbers in this game is due to mistakes and turnovers.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that? Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history. I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday. Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

Thats what I thought the Packers score would be! [:S]

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that? Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history. I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday. Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

If this happens, we will have to endure the threads about Eili not really being elite, TC losing the team, TC should be fired, Gilbride sucks, etc. . . . . it will be brutal.

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that?

Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history.

I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday.

Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote]

Agreed, either team can put the other away this Sunday, but with all due respect - as steeped in awesomeness as the Pats are, to go and bring up the atrocity we suffered in SB 35 is not a fair comparison. NO NFC team would've gotten past that Raven defense. The Pats defense - or any defense in the league this past season - came anywhere near to standing in the same room with that stifling defense.

The only way I see huge numbers in this game is due to mistakes and turnovers.[/quote]

You need to rewatch the 2000 SB again I think.

We lost that game on stupid mistakes ... not because of the Ravens' defense (we probably would have lost a close game because of their D, but the blowout was due to stupid mistakes).

The point was that in 2000 we overachieved all year long. No one expected the Giants to do anything (much like this year) and all of a sudden they had an amazing offense (much like this year) and the team was totally clicking down the stretch (much like this year).

The only difference between then and now is we've seen this script played out more recently in 2007 (and fans have short memories).

We got a tough game come Sunday ... anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't watch football.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

If this happens, we will have to endure the threads about Eili not really being elite, TC losing the team, TC should be fired, Gilbride sucks, etc. . . . . it will be brutal.*

[/quote]

You mean it will be like the last two years? lol

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that?

Wearing your favorite PATS jersey? Nice time to come out! HAHA

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that? Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history. I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday. Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote] Agreed, either team can put the other away this Sunday, but with all due respect - as steeped in awesomeness as the Pats are, to go and bring up the atrocity we suffered in SB 35 is not a fair comparison. NO NFC team would've gotten past that Raven defense. The Pats defense - or any defense in the league this past season - came anywhere near to standing in the same room with that stifling defense. The only way I see huge numbers in this game is due to mistakes and turnovers.[/quote] You need to rewatch the 2000 SB again I think. We lost that game on stupid mistakes ... not because of the Ravens' defense (we probably would have lost a close game because of their D, but the blowout was due to stupid mistakes). The point was that in 2000 we overachieved all year long. No one expected the Giants to do anything (much like this year) and all of a sudden they had an amazing offense (much like this year) and the team was totally clicking down the stretch (much like this year). The only difference between then and now is we've seen this script played out more recently in 2007 (and fans have short memories). We got a tough game come Sunday ... anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't watch football.[/quote]

TC will have the team much more prepared than Fassel did, and we have a much better QB now. Those are two HUGE differences between this team and the 2000 team.

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"]Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.
                          [/quote]

I remember thinking similarly in 2000 -- our defense may not have been on the Ravens' level but it was still damned good, and our offense, well, 41-0 in the NFC CG.

Then 34-7 happened. You never know.
                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I understand that you can never take a game for granted, specially of this magnitude. Of course we can lose this one, but I just don't see us taking that kind of beating.

Even if we're down 21-0 at halftime, I still see us coming back in the 2nd half and competing.

A score like 42-10 only happens for 2 reasons, either it's a total mismatch by a much better opponent or one of the teams just doesn't show up/care enough. I don't think either is the case in this game.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="Kruunch"]Could you imagine these boards after that? Hope you guys aren't forgetting 2000 or the fact that the Patriots are one of the most prolific offensive teams in NFL history. Commandeered by perhaps both the greatest QB and HC in NFL history. I think the analysts are insane ... despite how well the Giants are playing, this is a total uphill battle coming up on Sunday. Don't think otherwise or you're letting yourself in for a HUGE let down.[/quote] Agreed, either team can put the other away this Sunday, but with all due respect - as steeped in awesomeness as the Pats are, to go and bring up the atrocity we suffered in SB 35 is not a fair comparison. NO NFC team would've gotten past that Raven defense. The Pats defense - or any defense in the league this past season - came anywhere near to standing in the same room with that stifling defense. The only way I see huge numbers in this game is due to mistakes and turnovers.[/quote] You need to rewatch the 2000 SB again I think. We lost that game on stupid mistakes ... not because of the Ravens' defense (we probably would have lost a close game because of their D, but the blowout was due to stupid mistakes). The point was that in 2000 we overachieved all year long. No one expected the Giants to do anything (much like this year) and all of a sudden they had an amazing offense (much like this year) and the team was totally clicking down the stretch (much like this year). The only difference between then and now is we've seen this script played out more recently in 2007 (and fans have short memories). We got a tough game come Sunday ... anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't watch football.[/quote]

TC will have the team much more prepared than Fassel did, and we have a much better QB now.* Those are two HUGE differences between this team and the 2000 team.*

[/quote]

Very true (sad that it took this long for someone to point that out).

I feel good about this game .... and from a historic perspective it reminds of the old days of the Cowboys/Steelers or even the 49ers/Bengals SBs (the only two other matchups that had SB rematches).

In both of those situations, both games were close, last possession type of games and both were swept by the originally winning team (Steelers swept the Boys and the 9ers swept the Bengals).

History is definitely on our side here.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Firenugget"]Uphill battle? I don't think so. I'll give you "it'll be a good game" but no way in hell are they some dominating force this year that we should be intimidated by in any way. I think you're selling us a bit short.
                                [/quote]

I remember thinking similarly in 2000 -- our defense may not have been on the Ravens' level but it was still damned good, and our offense, well, 41-0 in the NFC CG.

Then 34-7 happened.* You never know.
                                [/quote]

Seriously.

We had the 5th rated defense that year.

Friggin Collins and his 4 INTs.

Comment

Working...
                                X