Here is a good stat:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a good stat:

The NFC East is 7-1 in the Super Bowl versus the AFC East.

Giants were 4-0 vs the AFC East this season.

Re: Here is a good stat:

Hard to beat a team twice.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

we're 2-0 vs afce in the SB as well. the only team to lose vs the afce in the SB was the eagles, so that barely counts bc the eagles could have a 50 point handicap in the sb and still lose

Comment

another good thing on our favor, this giants team is known for going on 6 game win streaks. it seems like every year this team will go on a 4-6 game winning streak. in 07, won 6 in a row, right now, we've won 5 in a row. i full out expect this trend to continue.

Comment

I'm just nervous because we beat tem in the season and I know the postseason is a different story.. well hence why I'm a bit worried

Comment

[quote user="Itlan"]Hard to beat a team twice.[/quote]

May I ask for a solid reason why? Or are you just going by past patterms?

Comment

Here's a better stat:

Only twice before has there been a super bowl rematch (49ers/Bengals and Cowboys/Steelers).

In each case, the team that won the first game won the rematch as well.

Every single one of those games, both first and rematch, were close, last possession type of games.

Gonna be a wild ride!
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

And it was the crappy Eagles who kept us from being 8-0 against the AFC East. Can't count on them for anything.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Here's a better stat:

Only twice before has there been a super bowl rematch (49ers/Bengals and Cowboys/Steelers).

Every single one of those games, both first and rematch, were close, last possession type of games.

Gonna be a wild ride![/quote]

So Dolphins/Redskins and Cowboys/Bills Don't count as rematches?

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="Itlan"]Hard to beat a team twice.[/quote]
                    I agree....just ask GB or SF

That being said, I still think we'll beat the Pats, I just see us as the better team no matter how I look at it. Nevertheless, the better team doesn't always win.....should be a epic match.

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Kruunch"]Here's a better stat:

Gonna be a wild ride![/quote]

So Dolphins/Redskins and Cowboys/Bills Don't count as rematches?[/quote]

Wow did I just totally brain fart, you're right!

I don't consider the Fins/Skins a rematch though because it was two totally different teams (decade apart).

The first matchup was the Over the Hill Gang (for the Skins) and the second was Rigg's Pigs (Hogs). Also different coaches (again on the Skins' part).

On the Cowboys/Bills you're right ... both blowouts (but the winning team did sweep).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                      X