Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite NYG quote of all time

[quote user="VegasGmen"]

[quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="BlueJayC"]Where "ALL IN" originated....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4[/quote]

I'll never forget this.. For me, its this.. LOVE IT
    [/quote]

This is the first thing I thought of, love it. Just wish we completed the task that season. Always liked Fassel till that last year when he lost his players. Just proves the point that a players coach can't sustain a winning tradition over the long haul. Hello Rex get ready to be tarred and feathered soon.

[/quote]
    Fassel may have been just as pissed as Coughlin is.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="BigBlueOnes"]"...well that play's a dandy, we should put that in there." LT to Parcells after his sack/fumble and TD on Neil Lomax when Parcells told him more than once not to blitz. Share yours![/quote]

that would actually be Parcells quoting LT

who knows what Lawrence actually said

somehow I dont see LT saying "dandy"

and I think Bill said

"well, we better put it in on Monday because that play is a dandy"[/quote]
      BP was quoting LT bro.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="BlueJayC"]Where "ALL IN" originated....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I've always hated that one...made me think Fassel was an amateur. And btw, he never said "all in" here...I dont think TC meant "all in" to mean poker chips....

Comment

"Hey look! A 9-7 team just won the superbowl *****es!"

-Antrelle Rolle Sunday night.[]

Comment

LT, after sacking, I believe Richard Todd, standing over him & saying, "Son, y'all gonna have to do better than this."
            And Parcells had a line at a press conference after a question to the effect of, "that's why I call you communists (referring to the press) you subvert from within."

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="BlueJayC"]Where "ALL IN" originated....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I've always hated that one...made me think Fassel was an amateur. And btw, he never said "all in" here...I dont think TC meant "all in" to mean poker chips....[/quote]

I don't think it was TC who came up with our 'All In' - but someone else. I saw an article online about it several weeks ago, but it was someone involved with cards/poker, but yeah....it does refer to poker chips.

As for Fassel - I never thought that press clip to be amateurish or boastful. He was freakin' pissed. I think that was right after a loss on or around Thanksgiving. But one thing I give him credit for - when a NYG coach makes a guarantee - he backs it up (**ahem, Rex**)

Comment

Bob Papa during the 07/08 playoff game at Dallas:

"Amani Toomer catches the ball, he's up the sideline.....ROY WILLIAMS JUST FALLS DOWN..BUT HES GOIN TO THE PRO BOWL...THE 20, THE 10, THE 5 , TOUCHDOWN GIANTSSSSSSSS"

Comment

My favorite quote was Parcells half time speech in SB21 with the Broncos up 10-9.

"Guys I don't care if we win or lose ... just don't stink up the place."

Other memorable pearls of wisdom:

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/bill_parcells/
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

How about Jim Gordon's SB25 call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QswtRwh0o&t=2m58s

"SNAP! SPOT! In the air....it's got the distance ..... <longest pause ever> ..... <roar of crowd> .... NO GOOD!!!!!!!"

Easily my favorite Giants radio call of all-time.....

Comment

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

How about Jim Gordon's SB25 call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QswtRwh0o&t=2m58s

"SNAP! SPOT! In the air....it's got the distance ..... ..... .... NO GOOD!!!!!!!"

Easily my favorite Giants radio call of all-time.....

[/quote]

Or.....Bob Papa calling Eli's 'almost sack'/Tyree catch:

'Manning takes the snap..back to throw....under pressure, he's gonna......fight out of it. Still fights out of it. Now he throws it downfield where it is.......CAUGHT BY TYREE!"

Carl Banks: "What a play!"

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="BlueJayC"]Where "ALL IN" originated....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I've always hated that one...made me think Fassel was an amateur. And btw, he never said "all in" here...I dont think TC meant "all in" to mean poker chips....[/quote]

I don't think it was TC who came up with our 'All In' - but someone else. I saw an article online about it several weeks ago, but it was someone involved with cards/poker, but yeah....it does refer to poker chips.

As for Fassel - I never thought that press clip to be amateurish or boastful. He was freakin' pissed. I think that was right after a loss on or around Thanksgiving. But one thing I give him credit for - when a NYG coach makes a guarantee - he backs it up (**ahem, Rex**)[/quote]

I read the same article...and while yes it does refer to poker chips, it does not refer to them in terms of placing a bet. The story goes that "All in" is a spiritual reference to everyone fully committing their effort to the team and the task at hand...and the guy who said it had each player write something on a poker chip and place it somewhere safe and meaningful to them...so that they would remember their commitment.

As far as Fassel...for me, yes, it was him being pissed...I just thought it was an amateurish way to respond to the press. That said, I'll admit that I never liked Fassel as a coach...gave him credit for getting the team to the Super Bowl, but overall thought he was WAY overrated as an "offensive guru" and generally thought he was 2nd-rate...

Comment

Fassel said "All in" in his press conference. Not amateurish, he was pissed and he needed to save the team.
                          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

One of my fav's

"Since we're NYers and we're polite, lets extend this to all of the NFL teams out there and especially the last team we defeated, the new england patriots, cause you know what we did to you?!!?!?! WE STOMPED YOU OUT!!!!!" - Michael Strahan
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I thought this is where "All In" caught on from this year.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...I#.TxBQWDK-kSo

Comment

Coughlin: "Keep your eye on the prize, stay steely eyed and focused"

Comment

Working...
                                X