X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigBlueOnes
    started a topic Your favorite NYG quote of all time

Your favorite NYG quote of all time

"...well that play's a dandy, we should put that in there." LT to Parcells after his sack/fumble and TD on Neil Lomax when Parcells told him more than once not to blitz. Share yours!

• coachjdc
    replied
    Re: Your favorite NYG quote of all time

Just reminded of another. Coughlin chatting with the refs pre-game XLII. One of the refs asked about his face from the Greenbay game and he replied, "this year everyone is talking about my face, last year at this time they were talking about my a**"

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied

"First off I'd like to thank my Offensive Line for blocking absolutely no one on that play".

Eli Manning after receiving the ESPY for The Best Play of the Year 2008....The Tyree play.

Leave a comment:

• jjj45
    replied

[quote user="spair"]Coughlin about his critics "They can Kiss my @s$... They can line up and Kiss. My. @s$."

Love it.

ALL IN!!
    [/quote]lol at the time, I wasn't too crazy about it.

Leave a comment:

• shotcalla39
    replied

The highlights of LT cursing going nuts threatening to kill someone on the field and the opponents were really scared

Or Lt telling Jim burt after the cheap shot on Hoss that if they play like that they will lose a quarterback too and Joe montanas career in San Fran ended on the next series

Jacobs going off on Tex was great.. strahans auperbowl speech... Wellingtons " worst team' SPEECH too many to recall

Leave a comment:

• DEgiants89
    replied

[quote user="jjj45"]"...Seventeen-fourteen fellas, one more touchdown and we are world champions. Believe it, and it will happen...."
    [/quote]

Gets me hyped right now

Leave a comment:

• Easy-Duz-It
    replied

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]"...well that play's a dandy, we should put that in there." LT to Parcells after his sack/fumble and TD on Neil Lomax when Parcells told him more than once not to blitz. Share yours![/quote]

the exchange between eli and strahan after the 2007/08 nfc championship was pretty memorable.

'lets go out like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun' - that's probably the most famous giant snippet of all time.

my favorite this season was a tweet from weatherford before the first eagles game...

'just arrived if philadelphia, what a dump. lets get the W and get the hell out of here' (something like that)

Leave a comment:

• spair
    replied

Coughlin about his critics "They can Kiss my @s$... They can line up and Kiss. My. @s$."

Love it.

ALL IN!!

Leave a comment:

• gmen46
    replied

The Parcells, LT, and Fassil quotes are great, and historic.

But my favorite has now become--

"TIME TO SHUT UP, FAT BOY!"

Can't beat that for inter city rivalry, irony, and the defeat of braggadocio as any kind of "coaching style" significance.

Leave a comment:

• GiantWarfare
    replied

so many gems, cant pick one...

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied

[quote user="Providence"]This quote gets lost because the person who said it was sandwiched between two great eras of New York Giants teams, but at that time when it was said and then when it came true, it was pretty damn awesome:

"This team is going to the playoffs"
    -Jim Fassel[/quote]

His quote the next year was more apt:

"Keep digging"

Leave a comment:

• Providence
    replied

This quote gets lost because the person who said it was sandwiched between two great eras of New York Giants teams, but at that time when it was said and then when it came true, it was pretty damn awesome:

"This team is going to the playoffs"
    -Jim Fassel

Leave a comment:

• NYG 5
    replied

after strahan annihilated koy detmer at the vet.... WELCOME, WELCOME HOME BABY

and for a player's coach, he was pretty good for a long time here. excluding 2003, his record was pretty damn good. he just happened to be the coach when A LOT of flukey plays happened. the westbrook punt return, trey junkin, the hammer holding call, matt bryant kicking the ball out of bounds, every longer snapper getting injured in 2002, balls going through calloways hands etc.

Leave a comment:

• dezzzR
    replied

Coughlin: "Keep your eye on the prize, stay steely eyed and focused"

Leave a comment:

• ELIteManning
    replied

I thought this is where "All In" caught on from this year.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...I#.TxBQWDK-kSo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X