• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs: "Burress wanted to sign with the NYG"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

INDIANAPOLIS -- Plaxico Burress
    is coming to Super Bowl XLVI to visit his old team -- the team he never
    wanted to leave, according to former teammate and close friend Brandon Jacobs.

Jacobs, speaking Tuesday at media day, said Burress wanted to sign with the New York Giants -- not the New York Jets -- when he became a free agent last summer. Jacobs also raised the possibility of a Burress reunion with 2012.

Asked if Burress had his heart set on returning to the Giants, Jacobs
    said, "Oh, no question, I know he did. I know he wanted to come to the
    Giants. We just didn't think it was going to be able to be done
    financially. But he may be (back) next year, who knows?"

Burress
    signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Jets, who guaranteed
    the entire deal -- the best offer he received. The Giants, whom he
    visited before signing with the Jets, proposed an incentive-laden
    contract with only $1 million guaranteed.

Re: Jacobs: "Burress wanted to sign with the NYG"

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Jacobs, speaking Tuesday at media day, said Burress wanted to sign with the New York Giants -- not the New York Jets -- when he became a free agent last summer. Jacobs also raised the possibility of a Burress reunion with 2012.

Burress

[/quote]NO THANK YOU!!!! Stay with the Green, you turn coat, dumbs ***.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

INDIANAPOLIS -- Plaxico Burress is coming to Super Bowl XLVI to visit his old team -- the team he never wanted to leave, according to former teammate and close friend Brandon Jacobs.

Asked if Burress had his heart set on returning to the Giants, Jacobs said, "Oh, no question, I know he did. I know he wanted to come to the Giants. We just didn't think it was going to be able to be done financially. But he may be (back) next year, who knows?"

Burress signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Jets, who guaranteed the entire deal -- the best offer he received. The Giants, whom he visited before signing with the Jets, proposed an incentive-laden contract with only $1 million guaranteed.

[/quote]old story? or are they really asking the current players, whom are in the SB, about old players?

Comment

Burress

[/quote] Given that Burress didn't exactly light up the field, I think it's not very likely he'll be sought after by the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Burress

[/quote]* Given that Burress didn't exactly light up the field, I think it's not very likely he'll be sought after by the Giants.
          [/quote]bring him in for 1 mil he'd be more than adequate replacement for manningham

Comment

I think it was after the Jet game Tuck basically said without saying that Burress's first choice was the Eagles. I think Jacobs is a better friend to Burress, so maybe he knows better. My .02, Burress saw the shi.t show in the Jets locker room, and is watching us go back to another SB. Maybe NOW he wishes he signed here, but I doubt he wanted to at the time.

If they could get him cheap, I'd be interested. We will need a 3rd WR most likely with MM being a FA. I'd only go 1 yr though.

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

INDIANAPOLIS -- Plaxico Burress is coming to Super Bowl XLVI to visit his old team -- the team he never wanted to leave, according to former teammate and close friend Brandon Jacobs.

Asked if Burress had his heart set on returning to the Giants, Jacobs said, "Oh, no question, I know he did. I know he wanted to come to the Giants. We just didn't think it was going to be able to be done financially. But he may be (back) next year, who knows?"

Burress signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Jets, who guaranteed the entire deal -- the best offer he received. The Giants, whom he visited before signing with the Jets, proposed an incentive-laden contract with only $1 million guaranteed.

[/quote] Given that Burress didn't exactly light up the field, I think it's not very likely he'll be sought after by the Giants.
              [/quote]We don't need a guy coming off a stretch with us where he couldn't control his impulses or simply show up to meetings on time and coming off an incident where he shot himself while out on a week night away from his wife and child, and coming off a visit to jail and coming off a marginal season with the Jets and coming back to us yet another year older. How could that possibly be a good thing?
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Burress

[/quote]bring him in for 1 mil he'd be more than adequate replacement for manningham[/quote]

How do you figure? He's not the same receiver he was in 2007. Manningham will be a casualty of the CAP and Nicks/Cruz. But he's a upgrade over Burress

Comment

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

[/quote]We don't need a guy coming off a stretch with us where he couldn't control his impulses or simply show up to meetings on time and coming off an incident where he shot himself while out on a week night away from his wife and child, and coming off a visit to jail and coming off a marginal season with the Jets and coming back to us yet another year older. How could that possibly be a good thing?[/quote]

I can't believe we're even discussing this non-starter
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Burress

[/quote]* Given that Burress didn't exactly light up the field, I think it's not very likely he'll be sought after by the Giants.
                    [/quote]bring him in for 1 mil he'd be more than adequate replacement for manningham[/quote]

How do you figure?* He's not the same receiver he was in 2007.* Manningham will be a casualty of the CAP and Nicks/Cruz.* But he's a upgrade over Burress
                    [/quote]
                    He was still calling pretty tight coverage on the Jets as they have nothing. He had a few good games. Burress will be wide open a ton with Cruz and Nicks playing with him. I'll take that. If he acts up, cut his *** back to the street.

Comment

Burress

[/quote]

i dunno. i could see it, along with resigning smith. MM will be gone. Plex has always provided nightmares for opposing defenses and still would. plex may have had a great season if sanchez was a good qb. with eli, he could become a factor. We could develop packages for him. And he also offers some of the thingd MM did, those vertical routes. Also, Vick struggled his first year back. Second year he actually did a lot better.
                      Plex also practiced with the Jets if Im not mistaken. The giants also wanted him as evident by them offering him a contract.

Plex best success came with Eli, and I think he could become a viable weapon for Eli. Could happen, prob won't. but i at least expect the giants to be interested. He should still know our system, and we could even line him up in the slot which would be nightmares for opposing defenses.

I actually expect since we'll prob release Barden as well, we offer Plex a contract. Don't be shocked if we do, he still has great redzone ability, can beat press coverage which Philly runs. It makes sense to some degree. Id rather it be smith we look at, but dont be surprised if Plex gets an offer. I bet he wishes he took the Giants offer. And the contract offer from the giants was incorrect. we offered him a two year deal that could have paid more than the jets, it just was guaranteed money,

interesting.

and also, dont forget eli to plex had the most td of any qb to wr for like 3 year span. with our schedule going to be hell next season, we will need game changes. plex could very well still be that for us. hes healthyas he's ever been. makes sense imo. either smith or plex, i expect oneof those two to come back to the giants. MM may be out of our price range. WHo knows, but I'm intrigued and interested if that means anything

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Burress

[/quote]

i dunno. i could see it, along with resigning smith. MM will be gone. Plex has always provided nightmares for opposing defenses and still would. plex may have had a great season if sanchez was a good qb. with eli, he could become a factor. We could develop packages for him. And he also offers some of the thingd MM did, those vertical routes. Also, Vick struggled his first year back. Second year he actually did a lot better.
                        Plex also practiced with the Jets if Im not mistaken. The giants also wanted him as evident by them offering him a contract.

Plex best success came with Eli, and I think he could become a viable weapon for Eli. Could happen, prob won't. but i at least expect the giants to be interested. He should still know our system, and we could even line him up in the slot which would be nightmares for opposing defenses.

I actually expect since we'll prob release Barden as well, we offer Plex a contract. Don't be shocked if we do, he still has great redzone ability, can beat press coverage which Philly runs. It makes sense to some degree. Id rather it be smith we look at, but dont be surprised if Plex gets an offer. I bet he wishes he took the Giants offer. And the contract offer from the giants was incorrect. we offered him a two year deal that could have paid more than the jets, it just was guaranteed money,

interesting.[/quote]
                        +1

45 rec
                        612 yds
                        8TD

Pretty solid season considering. Put him in the slot and he will be a nightmare to defenses. Our redone offense would be great.

Comment

Im glad he didnt come here who knows if Cruz would of been given a fair shake then.We might of not made it to the Super Bowl if he was on the team

Comment

could u imagine redzone packages with nicks and plex lined up out wide, and cruz and smith in the slot????????????? game over for opposition.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]could u imagine redzone packages with nicks and plex lined up out wide, and cruz and smith in the slot????????????? game over for opposition.[/quote]...........only if Smith and Plax, not Plex were in 2007 form physically. MM has actually become much more dangerous than Smith or Plax, not Plex.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X