Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NE signed a FA to their squad, could we sign Strahan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE signed a FA to their squad, could we sign Strahan?

might be a stupid question, but NE DID just sign a TE to their roster. meaning, teams can still make acquisitions.

COULD the Giants sign Strahan for this one game? Imagine we could? I know we won't but COULD we?

Re: NE signed a FA to their squad, could we sign Strahan?

Strahan, out of football shape and 40 years old would get AT LEAST 4 sacks on Brady if he was allowed to play in this game.

Comment

[quote user="NY_Eli"]Strahan, out of football shape and 40 years old would get AT LEAST 4 sacks on Brady if he was allowed to play in this game.[/quote]

i have to assume strahan could be signed for this one game. i mean josh mcdaniels was signed right before the Denver NE playoff game. i dont know the rules tho, since strahan retired, he might not be a FA technically. I'm really curious as to if this is possible.

Comment

I'm tripping over the Coach Daniels deal. They hired the ex-Broncos coach at the beginning of the playoffs.

Comment

Depends on if Strahan would even be allowed to file papers to come out retirement in this segment of the season.

Even then, he would probably be a LIABILITY if he actually played some snaps.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]might be a stupid question, but NE DID just sign a TE to their roster. meaning, teams can still make acquisitions. COULD the Giants sign Strahan for this one game? Imagine we could? I know we won't but COULD we?[/quote]

how is NE signing a TE to the PSrelevant to the Giants signing Strahan out of the TV booth???

you lost me bro....sorry....

The New England Patriots are having some tight end troubles at the moment. Second year reserve WR/TE Dorin ****erson was placed on injured reserve Thursday, but more significantly, Rob Gronkowski was held out of practice due to ankle injury. To address the sudden tight end shortage in Super Bowl practices, the Patriots have signed 22-year-old Carson Butler to the practice squad, according to the team's official site.

Butler gives the team some depth as it prepares for the New York Giants over the next week. Don't expect any contribution on the field, however. Butler has bounced around among the Detroit Lions, the San Francisco 49ers, the Cincinnati Bengals, the Giants and the Pats since signing with the Green Bay Packers out of Michigan in 2009.

Butler has yet to record a catch in an official NFL game in his three-year career. While a physical talent, he was rarely used in Rich Rodriguez' spread offense while at Michigan, catching just 20 passes in his most productive season.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Since he obviously filed for retirement, he would have to again file for reinstatement, something Goodell probably would never allow.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Since he obviously filed for retirement, he would have to again file for reinstatement, something Goodell probably would never allow.[/quote]

yeah i hear ya thanks for that input. i just dont know the rules on it. i dont know do you know the rules of it/

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"]might be a stupid question, but NE DID just sign a TE to their roster. meaning, teams can still make acquisitions. COULD the Giants sign Strahan for this one game? Imagine we could? I know we won't but COULD we?[/quote]

how is NE signing a TE to the PS*relevant to the Giants signing Strahan out of the TV booth???

you lost me bro....sorry....

The New England Patriots are having some tight end troubles at the moment. Second year reserve WR/TE Dorin ****erson was placed on injured reserve Thursday, but more significantly, Rob Gronkowski was held out of practice due to ankle injury. To address the sudden tight end shortage in Super Bowl practices, the Patriots have signed 22-year-old Carson Butler to the practice squad, according to the team's official site.

Butler gives the team some depth as it prepares for the New York Giants over the next week. Don't expect any contribution on the field, however. Butler has bounced around among the Detroit Lions, the San Francisco 49ers, the Cincinnati Bengals, the Giants and the Pats since signing with the Green Bay Packers out of Michigan in 2009.

Butler has yet to record a catch in an official NFL game in his three-year career. While a physical talent, he was rarely used in Rich Rodriguez' spread offense while at Michigan, catching just 20 passes in his most productive season.

[/quote]

well as i stated im clueless on the technicalities. how would it matter if he was signed to the PS, point is, obviously teams are still allowed to make transactions. McDaniels was signed to be a NE Coach right before the Denver game.

and honestly, if you got lost on my post, maybe ur not the best person to be answering.

Comment

Have Plax ask the Jets for his release (he had a 1 year contract and his season's over), and then sign him to be the 4th WR.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]Have Plax ask the Jets for his release (he had a 1 year contract and his season's over), and then sign him to be the 4th WR.[/quote]I'm so for this it isn't even funny lol
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                      X