Am I alone on this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I alone on this?

So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

Am I the only one that's feeling a bit uneasy with all the trash talking (term used loosely) from our side meanwhile the Pats are going out of their way to compliment us?

Forget about the game, I'm not trying to say this is going to negatively affect our game, it's just not really positive in any sense. It's not Giants like, not Mara like, and certainly not Coughlin like.

I love the confidence because I know it's genuine, and I also understand these vulture reporters are just taking stuff out of context and blowing it up, but why give them that? I just wish we were acting more like the Pats and just being humble.

KMart_LI
    Kimberley A. Martin

Cruz said Edelman's done an "OK job but you can tell he's not comfortable"

KMart_LI
    Kimberley A. Martin

Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.
      [*]Does
      Mario Manningham still think he can expose WR Julian Edelman when he
      plays corner? Yeah. "Its not just me, but us as a receiving corps. We
      know hes a great player, but we want to go out and do what we have to
      do to win. He plays wide receiver. Hes not a real defensive back. Did
      he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on
      knowing that we can beat somebody. Were confident. I hope hes out
      there." #NYG[/list]

Were going to win this thing, Rolle said at Media Day today at Lucas
      Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.

Re: Am I alone on this?

If JPP guarantees a win I'll be happy.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

Am I the only one that's feeling a bit uneasy with all the trash talking (term used loosely) from our side meanwhile the Pats are going out of their way to compliment us?

Forget about the game, I'm not trying to say this is going to negatively affect our game, it's just not really positive in any sense. It's not Giants like, not Mara like, and certainly not Coughlin like.

I love the confidence because I know it's genuine, and I also understand these vulture reporters are just taking stuff out of context and blowing it up, but why give them that? I just wish we were acting more like the Pats and just being humble.

KMart_LI
      Kimberley A. Martin

KMart_LI
      Kimberley A. Martin

Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.
        [*]Does
        there." #NYG*[/list]

[/quote] There's a difference between trash talking, and confidence.

To me, trash talking is purposely insulting and trying to get a reaction from the other team.

Confidence is believing in your own ability. If Cruz or Manningham believe they can expose Julian Edelman, that's not trash talking. They are just confident in their own ability. I wouldn't have a problem if they said the same thing about us, they have confidence.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm fine with this, Our guys words have been taken out of context since the jets game.

All I can do is hope our guy execute and pull out a win
        "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="egyptian420"]So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

KMart_LI
          Kimberley A. Martin

KMart_LI
          Kimberley A. Martin

[*]Does
            there." #NYG*[/list]

[/quote] There's a difference between trash talking, and confidence.

To me, trash talking is purposely insulting and trying to get a reaction from the other team.

Confidence is believing in your own ability. If Cruz or Manningham believe they can expose Julian Edelman, that's not trash talking. They are just confident in their own ability. I wouldn't have a problem if they said the same thing about us, they have confidence.[/quote]
            They are talking not as if it's going to be handed to them, but as if they have nothing to lose and are going to go play their ***** off. They want to win and will not be satisfied if they don't. They know they need this win.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

KMart_LI Kimberley A. Martin

KMart_LI Kimberley A. Martin

• Does Mario Manningham still think he can expose WR Julian Edelman when he plays corner? Yeah. "Its not just me, but us as a receiving corps. We know hes a great player, but we want to go out and do what we have to do to win. He plays wide receiver. Hes not a real defensive back. Did he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on knowing that we can beat somebody. Were confident. I hope hes out there." #NYG
            • [/list]

Were going to win this thing, Rolle said at Media Day today at Lucas Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.

[/quote]

Mehh. I hear what yuo are saying but they are just making observatoins about Edlmen. Cruz is saying "if I cant beat a player who is playing WAY out of position then I am not the player I think I am"....thats what he is conveying IMO. Rolle also has praised the hell out of the Pats too. But he believes the Giants should win this game and they all expect to. I bet all the Patriots expect to win as well. Just because they may not say it in the media doesnt mean they dont feel it and wont effect the way they play.

I just dont see it as anything bad I certainly dont think if they lose its because of what they are saying.

All they have to do is look back on their season to know the last thing they should be is over confident. 9-7 is 9-7.....ya know.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

For this exact reason I wrote "term used loosely"...I know this isn't really trash talking. I also have no problem with them knowing they can burn him, I'm actually happy they're that confident, but I just don't want them showing it to the media....just me I guess

Again, I don't think this is going to affect the game at all, I think we're winning this game

Comment

You are alone.

It is true that the Giants have been more expressive in their confidence as a group the past week. However, remember that they have been this way since the lead up to the Cowboy game and it has brought them together; increased their focus and clearly elevated their game. If we are heading for more like Atlanta,Green Bay and San Francisco, then I AM ALL IN!

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I don't see an issue, Giants are not disrespecting anybody, Edelman is a WR by trade, so they think they can exploit it, why is it so wrong to say that? I think they are just being honest, not being ****y.

Comment

Plax told them last Superbowl that thjey would score 17 points and they laughed at him. We all know what happened then. 17 - 14

Comment

I am more uneasy with everyone picking the Giants. I'm not used to that!

Comment

I guess it's just me, because personally, if the Cowboys or Jets or any team was saying that about us to the media and we were being humble about it, I'd probably be on here talking about it and many here would agree that the other team is acting like a bunch of b####es.

Comment

[quote user="Breezely"]Plax told them last Superbowl that thjey would score 17 points and they laughed at him. We all know what happened then. 17 - 14[/quote]
                          lol yea, I like that one because atleast Brady was being ****y and mocked him for it, then scored even less......this time they're being real humble though

JPP also guaranteed a win before, and we won....further proof that this stuff means nothing as far as the game goes. It's just kind of silly in my opinion.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]For this exact reason I wrote "term used loosely"...I know this isn't really trash talking. I also have no problem with them knowing they can burn him, I'm actually happy they're that confident, but I just don't want them showing it to the media....just me I guess

Again, I don't think this is going to affect the game at all, I think we're winning this game
                            [/quote]

I didnt read your OP all the way through....my bad.

AS far as being the "Giant" thing to do or not I guess the team is all for one and one for all and thats what the org wants. Eli said today (paraphrasing)that each player has put another player above them for this season and for this game. He wants to win it for a guy like Deon Grant for example whohas been in the league for 12 years with no big game wins. The team wants to win it for the organization. That is the Giants way......Eli has said it......so shall it be.

He said that when some reporter asked him about his legacy they win this sunday.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="egyptian420"]For this exact reason I wrote "term used loosely"...I know this isn't really trash talking. I also have no problem with them knowing they can burn him, I'm actually happy they're that confident, but I just don't want them showing it to the media....just me I guess

[/quote]

I didnt read your OP all the way through....my bad.

AS far as being the "Giant" thing to do or not I guess the team is all for one and one for all and thats what the org wants. Eli said today (paraphrasing)that each player has put another player above them for this season and for this game. He wants to win it for a guy like Deon Grant for example whohas been in the league for 12 years with no big game wins. The team wants to win it for the organization. That is the Giants way......Eli has said it......so shall it be.

He said that when some reporter asked him about his legacy they win this sunday.

[/quote]
                              Eli is a stand up dude all the way that's for sure.....I'm not really too bothered with it, just wish they would keep that amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot....nevertheless, we're the better team and I agree with everything they're saying

Comment

Working...
                              X