Super Bowl X-factor player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl X-factor player

Maybe we let Devin Thomas line up in the slot and he can come up unknown and catch a td in the back of the end zone and come up big for us on third down in a stunning and memorial. OMG. so 07!

Re: Super Bowl X-factor player

Maybe Jerniggan acutally makes a catch this year.

Comment

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Maybe Jerniggan acutally makes a catch this year.[/quote]

Him too, even Barden. Just some random ghostly roster occupier. The media will be happy, he'll get book deals, the Giants win, yadda.

Comment

I could see Beckum having a huge game.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]I could see Beckum having a huge game.[/quote]

I'll take it

Comment

Something keeps telling me Jake Ballard will have a great game. His jnee is much better now and I can see him making huge catches and blocks all game long.

Comment

Beckum's a def possibility.
              I don't like that Mannigham was kind of calling out the Pat's wide receiver who plays defensive back. Don't give them anything to thrive on.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Beckum's a def possibility.
                I don't like that Mannigham was kind of calling out the Pat's wide receiver who plays defensive back. Don't give them anything to thrive on.[/quote]

Cruz was as well and I don't blame them. If I'm a receiver, I'd love to be covered by the "stunt" guy if you think you can beat him.

I've watched Edelman cover ... he's ok against a bad third receiver, but Cruz, Manningham and Nicks should all be able to burn him pretty badly.

I'm thinking they use Edelman as a decoy for some over/under coverage (especially on Cruz).
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]Something keeps telling me Jake Ballard will have a great game. His jnee is much better now and I can see him making huge catches and blocks all game long.[/quote]

He's 85, it makes sense.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Beckum's a def possibility.
                    I don't like that Mannigham was kind of calling out the Pat's wide receiver who plays defensive back. Don't give them anything to thrive on.[/quote]

Cruz was as well and I don't blame them. If I'm a receiver, I'd love to be covered by the "stunt" guy if you think you can beat him.

Yeah, Edelman won't be on anyone alone the whole game. He'll get safety help which still opens up other possibilities. Have to double nicks, cruz, and now another because of Edelman -- but, Edelman is serviceable, he's not that bad.

I've watched Edelman cover ... he's ok against a bad third receiver, but Cruz, Manningham and Nicks should all be able to burn him pretty badly.

I'm thinking they use Edelman as a decoy for some over/under coverage (especially on Cruz).[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Beckum's a def possibility.

I'm thinking they use Edelman as a decoy for some over/under coverage (especially on Cruz).[/quote]

Yeah, Edelman won't be on anyone alone the whole game. He'll get safety help which still opens up other possibilities. Have to double nicks, cruz, and now another because of Edelman -- but, Edelman is serviceable, he's not that bad.

Comment

Agreed. Edelman isn't as bad as many people are making him out to be.

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]Agreed. Edelman isn't as bad as many people are making him out to be.[/quote]

I agree as well ... however he's not the guy who's going to cover the 1500 yard receiver with any success imo.

Comment

Using him as a decoy with over/under coverage makes sense. We'll see how beatable Edelman is. On a long route, if the safeties bite, that would add up to at least double coverage...leaving our other wr's with a manageable 1 on coverage. We'll take that.

Comment

I have a feeling Hynoski or Jacobs gets more involved in the passing game. maybe 4 to 5 touches for one of them.

As far as Edleman. I hope that they dont make an effort to game planfor this too heavilyso to speak. If it is then Eli may try to force things. Hopefully Eli goes through his reads and passes to the white shirt that has the most distance from a a blue shirt. You know.....just play the game and make the plays that are available. If he focuses too much on trying to burn Edlemen thenthe offensewill miss out on other opportunities for sure.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X