If Mario Leaves....Jacobs may know the replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mario Leaves....Jacobs may know the replacement

Granted he did not say that exact thing but what he did say is that he does not see Plax returning to Jets next season, and he could very well see him returning to NYG next year.

Not to beat a dead horse but of all the "if mario leaves" and talk of him leaving and differnt names to fill the spot, not one has brought this up.

We saw him play well this year against Jets, was not dominant in any way and I know we shut him down but next year would you be against him coming back if Mario departs?

link
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1015001

Re: If Mario Leaves....Jacobs may know the replacement

I'd be surprised if the Giants didn't take a look at Steve Smith again.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not.

Comment

[quote user="Connor"]Granted he did not say that exact thing but what he did say is that he does not see Plax returning to Jets next season, and he could very well see him returning to NYG next year.

Not to beat a dead horse but of all the "if mario leaves" and talk of him leaving and differnt names to fill the spot, not one has brought this up.

We saw him play well this year against Jets, was not dominant in any way and I know we shut him down but next year would you be against him coming back if Mario departs?

link
        http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1015001[/quote]

i think mario is as good as gone... Plax got a real wake up with Rex Ryan. HE finally got everything he wanted out of a coach and came to the realization that it wasn't the way to do things. Now the giants ar ein the superbowl again and he gets to watch on TV.

On the skill of Plax - Sanchez BLEW this year. I can't tell you how many times he missed him in the endzone. They don't throw enough and had to many people to spread the ball to to get Plax's stats up, but he should of been in double digit TDs EASY...

Plax would be a great 3rd option for us. IF the players still want him, it says something to me.

I just don't think Eli wants him back
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore...

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not.[/quote]

I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not).

I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity.

He's literally too stupid to play football.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I'd say continue to move on...from him and Smith. Eli has a great thing going with Nicks, Cruz and Manningham right now and it would suck to see that change. Granted Mario might leave but we still have Jernigan and Devin Thomas in the wings.

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"]Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore...[/quote]

having 3 rec's is a MAJOR plus for us...

IT makes us one of the most potent offenses in the league
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I do not want to see Plax back here. That ship has sailed.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not.[/quote]

I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not).

I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity.

He's literally too stupid to play football.[/quote]

Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid.

However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise.

Comment

If MM doesn't return next year, which is highly likely, then maybe we could get both Plax AND Smith back as 3rd and 4th WRs. They'd both be cheap and maybe one of them can actually still play when they come back to a better teams whose system they know.

My first preference would be keeping MM, but he's going to be too expensive.

Comment

I'm still not convinced Manningham is a lock to be gone next year. IMHO he's made good strides in running more precise routes and is a very big asset when other teams want to double Nicks and Cruz! There are some other money guys that might go before him. I suspect Reese is already thinking about ways to keep all three guys in Giants Blue!!! I, for one, hope he can!

Comment

i dont like the idea of plax being back. and i really dont think eli does either which is a deal breaker.

Gonna miss the big guy. rofl.

Comment

I think were already one of the most potent offenses now without Plax.

Comment

With this year's FA class of wide receivers, it may be easier to bring Manningham back than it would have other years. Maybe he plays it out by signing a lucrative short term deal with the Giants that won't conflict with their attempts to resign Cruz/Nicks in their upcoming free agency period.

A billion and one things can occur from the Free Agents the Giants decide to resign/let go, along with players they decide to cut, trade or restructure.

He still is the toughest resign for the Giants, but I don't want to call it a sure thing he will be gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X