Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

A keep hearing a LOT of people talking about the advantage our slot receiver will have over Edelman, but I don't recall our WRs running wild or anything when we played them earlier in the year.

What's the story?

Re: Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

Remember that Nicks and Bradshaw were missing from that game.

Comment

The game is on right now on NFL Network

"Our O-Line"

p.s. the kid is fine, its from Americas funniest

Comment

No, Edleman wasn't. They actually had a nickle/dime corner back then. They cut that guy a couple weeks after our game.

I was reading today that for as porous as the Pats pass defense is, they've only allowed 5 pass plays of over 20 yards on the season. All things considered, that's pretty impressive. I think we allowed that in the first quarter against the Saints, lol.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

No, Edleman wasn't. They actually had a nickle/dime corner back then. They cut that guy a couple weeks after our game.

I was reading today that for as porous as the Pats pass defense is, they've only allowed 5 pass plays of over 20 yards on the season. All things considered, that's pretty impressive. I think we allowed that in the first quarter against the Saints, lol.

[/quote]

According to ESPN they allowed 79. It also says only 8 receivers have 14 (or more) catches of 20+ yards, Cruz and Nicks are on that list.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

5 TDs* of more than 20 yards.
            They've allowed 79 plays of more than 20 yards. More than 20 more of the league average.

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue10"]Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

A keep hearing a LOT of people talking about the advantage our slot receiver will have over Edelman, but I don't recall our WRs running wild or anything when we played them earlier in the year.

What's the story?

[/quote]

They ditched one of their corners after the Giants game and then started using Edelman in the Nickel.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Edelman is the dime. Sterling Moore is the nickel, but he doesn't play in the slot.

Comment

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

According to ESPN they allowed 79. It also says only 8 receivers have 14 (or more) catches of 20+ yards, Cruz and Nicks are on that list.
                  [/quote]

Ahhh. My bad. That seemed way low to me. I must have either misread the article or they misstated the information. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Drez-that's probably 5 over 20 in the 2 postseason games.Think before you type.

Comment

No, it's 5 TOUCHDOWN completions over 20+ yards

Comment

I wish our secondary only let up 5 passes 20+, unfortunately Brandon Marshall broke that mark in the 1st game.

Comment

No he was not.

Comment

Working...
                          X