Thank the Giant FO for Victor Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank the Giant FO for Victor Cruz

Senior VP of player evaluation Chris Mara confirmed Tuesday that Victor Cruz was saved from the waiver wire "by some upper-echelon Giants front-office people."

Analysis:
    "It's no big secret he was on the bubble both years," Mara said. "That
    happens a lot. Look at (James) Harrison from Pittsburgh. He got cut
    (four) times." The Giants coaching staff wanted to shift Cruz to the
    practice squad, but the astute front office had reason to suspect the
    Jets would snatch him up as soon as he hit the waiver wire. "I hope they
    cut him," Rex Ryan said after a three-touchdown preseason game. "I know
    one team that would be ready to sign him, and that'd be us."

(Article Link)

Giants' Decision to Keep Victor Cruz

Re: Thank the Giant FO for Victor Cruz

thank-god that never happened

Comment

Also thank Gilbride. When the front office was trying to shove the Brandon Stokeley's of the world on to the team, Gilbride made news by speaking out. Specifically referring to Cruz when saying he had all the pieces needed already on the team. He knew he could play and objected to the front office trying to fill the spot with someone else.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Senior VP of player evaluation Chris Mara confirmed Tuesday that Victor Cruz was saved from the waiver wire "by some upper-echelon Giants front-office people."

Analysis:
        "It's no big secret he was on the bubble both years," Mara said. "That
        happens a lot. Look at (James) Harrison from Pittsburgh. He got cut
        (four) times." The Giants coaching staff wanted to shift Cruz to the
        practice squad, but the astute front office had reason to suspect the
        Jets would snatch him up as soon as he hit the waiver wire. "I hope they
        cut him," Rex Ryan said after a three-touchdown preseason game. "I know
        one team that would be ready to sign him, and that'd be us."

(Article Link)

Giants' Decision to Keep Victor Cruz

[/quote]
        Thank you FO!!!
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I'm thinking it was Reese. If it was Mara it would have been "highest echelon."
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It's a fantastic story and I hope he's a Giant for a looooooooooong time to come.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Haha one of the few times we can thank Gilbride lol jk. I do rememebr him saying that though. It was def a good idea by the FO to hold on to him.
              NYG

Comment

I never wanted them to give up on Cruz. I thought that what he did in that one preseason game against the Jets was more than Beckum and Barden had ever done as Giants...combined. I would rather have seen one of them go first.

Not that I expected what he accomplished this year, but I was worried that he wasn't going to get a fair shot.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]I never wanted them to give up on Cruz. I thought that what he did in that one preseason game against the Jets was more than Beckum and Barden had ever done as Giants...combined. I would rather have seen one of them go first.

Not that I expected what he accomplished this year, but I was worried that he wasn't going to get a fair shot.[/quote]There are only two players in NFL history that did what Victor Cruz did in that preseason game... him and Terrell Owens. I knew Cruz was gonna be special.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="JJC7301"]I never wanted them to give up on Cruz. I thought that what he did in that one preseason game against the Jets was more than Beckum and Barden had ever done as Giants...combined. I would rather have seen one of them go first.

Not that I expected what he accomplished this year, but I was worried that he wasn't going to get a fair shot.[/quote]There are only two players in NFL history that did what Victor Cruz did in that preseason game... him and Terrell Owens. I knew Cruz was gonna be special.[/quote]
                    Wow. And I'm not trying to make it sound like I had Cruz pegged for greatness, but in just that one game I thought he showed more potential than some other Giant receivers.

And if they did cut him, Rex and the Jets absolutely would have picked him up.

Comment

Now here is the question, how big of a contract does he get this off season. They better pay him!

Comment

[quote user="logan9839"]Now here is the question, how big of a contract does he get this off season. They better pay him![/quote]They GOTTA pay him or else we might see a holdout. Fans shouldn't be mad at him either... he earned it and he deserves it.

Comment

Hey Rex Ryan's big mouth actually served a good purpose! Perhaps if learned to stop putting his foot in his mouth all the time than maybe he would have ended up with Cruz.

Or wait maybe that should be his wife's foot...

Comment

[quote user="ELIteManning"]Hey Rex Ryan's big mouth actually served a good purpose! Perhaps if learned to stop putting his foot in his mouth all the time than maybe he would have ended up with Cruz.

Or wait maybe that should be his wife's foot...[/quote]
                            +1. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="logan9839"]Now here is the question, how big of a contract does he get this off season. They better pay him![/quote]They GOTTA pay him or else we might see a holdout. Fans shouldn't be mad at him either... he earned it and he deserves it.[/quote]
                              He will be signed and all sides will be happy. Don't worry about it. It may preclude us from resigning MM, but maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X