Talking about Elis Leadership - Toomer knocks Shockey on NBCSports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about Elis Leadership - Toomer knocks Shockey on NBCSports

The panel asked toomer about Elis leadership early on in his career from Rookie leading to up to 07.

Toomer said that when Eli came into the looker room as a rookie. He did not take that role because he wanted to be respectful to his veteran teammates. Most of the vets understood it, but namely Jeremy Shockey took advantage of it early on.

Quoting from Toomer: " He would go into the huddle always pull on him, always try to make him not get through his read by saying hey I'm open I'm open. And those were the type of things that a young QB cannot really handle. And there is no question in my mind that reason why after Jeremy Shockey in 2007 got injured Elis play went up. Because he did not have that distraction in the huddle"

Wow. That is said what type of Idiot Shockey turned out to be. I could deal with it early on figuring he was a young dumb kid, and Mr. Mara had hope for him I recall. Shockey got what he deserved. Tiki and Shockey are on the same boat with Plax.

And I was a big fan of Shockeys. His Jersey was the first one I brought. After his was Tiki (what a roll) But I repented and got Elis and then Strahans (after he retired).
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Talking about Elis Leadership - Toomer knocks Shockey on NBCSports

[quote user="DragonSoul"]The panel asked toomer about Elis leadership early on in his career from Rookie leading to up to 07.

Toomer said that when Eli came into the looker room as a rookie. He did not take that role because he wanted to be respectful to his veteran teammates. Most of the vets understood it, but namely Jeremy Shockey took advantage of it early on.

Quoting from Toomer: " He would go into the huddle always pull on him, always try to make him not get through his read by saying hey I'm open I'm open. And those were the type of things that a young QB cannot really handle. And there is no question in my mind that reason why after Jeremy Shockey in 2007 got injured Elis play went up. Because he did not have that distraction in the huddle"

Wow. That is said what type of Idiot Shockey turned out to be. I could deal with it early on figuring he was a young dumb kid, and Mr. Mara had hope for him I recall. Shockey got what he deserved. Tiki and Shockey are on the same boat with Plax.

And I was a big fan of Shockeys. His Jersey was the first one I brought. After his was Tiki (what a roll) But I repented and got Elis and then Strahans (after he retired).[/quote]

I figured this was the case, Shockey was nothing more than a distraction here. Talented? Absolutely. Goof-ball? Absolutely. I remember thinking to myself when shockey got hurt against Washington in 07 "is this going to hurt us or help us?" I think most fans felt like he was a distraction.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for posting. Also have a Shockey jersey. Good riddance.Glad the record could be publicly corrected for Eli's sake. Now Shockey, Plax and Tiki are all available again. No thank you. They can all ride off into the sunset together.

Comment

[quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks for posting. Also have a Shockey jersey. Good riddance.Glad the record could be publicly corrected for Eli's sake. Now Shockey, Plax and Tiki are all available again. No thank you. They can all ride off into the sunset together.[/quote]

Basically.

Once again proving why we the fans can ***** all we want about a "favorite" player's departure and yet the Coaches and F. Office within; they know exactly where the cancers are.

much applause Mr. Reese and Coughlin. Once again I can eat a delayed plate of crow.

translation: I once cheered Shockey, Plax and Tiki. Of the 3, Tiki still has my gratitude and to an extent Plax for the GW fade catch.

In the end, Eli's classiness was apparent even to this day. If the idiots could have recognized his humility and passion, maybe they could have cashed in on Giants Greatness.

(of course all but Tiki have SB rings but...)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Once again proving why we the fans can ***** all we want about a "favorite" player's departure and yet the Coaches and F. Office within; they know exactly where the cancers are[/quote]

Anybody who didn't see this was wearing blinders. Between Plax and Shockey waving their arms in the air like madmen and Tiki spewing BS...you didn't have to be a coach or GM to see it...they weren't trying to hide anything from anyone.

For me, it went over the top when Shockey thought he was interfered with on a play and while he was standing around waving his arms around...looking for a flag...a defender ran past him with an int and I think he gave the guy a passing glance as the defender ran by him.

Comment

It was a shame he was like that. He had all the skill in the world and if he could have kept his mouth under control he could have had a huge career with Eli.

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks for posting. Also have a Shockey jersey. Good riddance.Glad the record could be publicly corrected for Eli's sake. Now Shockey, Plax and Tiki are all available again. No thank you. They can all ride off into the sunset together.[/quote]

Basically.

Once again proving why we the fans can ***** all we want about a "favorite" player's departure and yet the Coaches and F. Office within; they know exactly where the cancers are.

much applause Mr. Reese and Coughlin.* Once again I can eat a delayed plate of crow.

translation: I once cheered Shockey, Plax and Tiki.* Of the 3, Tiki still has my gratitude and to an extent Plax for the GW fade catch.

In the end, Eli's classiness was apparent even to this day.* If the idiots could have recognized his humility and passion, maybe they could have cashed in on Giants Greatness.

[/quote]

+1

shockey's first season in NO confirmed what kind of player he was.

Brees spend half the season screaming at him after plays.

once graham became an option, shockey became an afterthought.

this kind of locker room issue is underestimated, and great post pointing out the importance of a front office recognizing it.

Are you reading this New York Jets?
                sigpic

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]The panel asked toomer about Elis leadership early on in his career from Rookie leading to up to 07.

And I was a big fan of Shockeys. His Jersey was the first one I brought. After his was Tiki (what a roll) But I repented and got Elis and then Strahans (after he retired).[/quote]

I wish he was still a giant I wish I could rock that jersey in my closet

He got what deserved and I am glad he is not here

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks for posting. Also have a Shockey jersey. Good riddance.Glad the record could be publicly corrected for Eli's sake. Now Shockey, Plax and Tiki are all available again. No thank you. They can all ride off into the sunset together.[/quote]

Basically.

much applause Mr. Reese and Coughlin. Once again I can eat a delayed plate of crow.

translation: I once cheered Shockey, Plax and Tiki. Of the 3, Tiki still has my gratitude and to an extent Plax for the GW fade catch.

In the end, Eli's classiness was apparent even to this day. If the idiots could have recognized his humility and passion, maybe they could have cashed in on Giants Greatness.

[/quote]

+1

shockey's first season in NO confirmed what kind of player he was.

Brees spend half the season screaming at him after plays.

once graham became an option, shockey became an afterthought.

this kind of locker room issue is underestimated, and great post pointing out the importance of a front office recognizing it.

Are you reading this New York Jets?[/quote]

Ya beat me to it []

Sanchez is going through the same garbage right now, and Toomer saying this is just damning criticism for Shockey. Wow.

Wellington loved Shockey, though, and I think the organization stayed loyal to him more than they should have, for this reason.

Glad he didn't retire a Giant.

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]The panel asked toomer about Elis leadership early on in his career from Rookie leading to up to 07. Toomer said that when Eli came into the looker room as a rookie. He did not take that role because he wanted to be respectful to his veteran teammates. Most of the vets understood it, but namely Jeremy Shockey took advantage of it early on. Quoting from Toomer: " He would go into the huddle always pull on him, always try to make him not get through his read by saying hey I'm open I'm open. And those were the type of things that a young QB cannot really handle. And there is no question in my mind that reason why after Jeremy Shockey in 2007 got injured Elis play went up. Because he did not have that distraction in the huddle" Wow. That is said what type of Idiot Shockey turned out to be. I could deal with it early on figuring he was a young dumb kid, and Mr. Mara had hope for him I recall. Shockey got what he deserved. Tiki and Shockey are on the same boat with Plax. And I was a big fan of Shockeys. His Jersey was the first one I brought. After his was Tiki (what a roll) But I repented and got Elis and then Strahans (after he retired).[/quote]

glad you made a thread about this. I put into a post last week and a few times in previous weeks under different threads.

Shockey could have been one of the greats if he only understood the team concept and moved forward like that. Some will say he was used incorrectly. Well, IMO he was used for blocking more than he wanted becuase he had a young QB and also to shut him the **** up. If his assignment on a particular was to "just" block then I guess he couldnt bust Eli balls in the huddle to throw to him everytime.

A perfect example of being your own worst enemy...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

screw you all. I'm going to keep my Shockey jersey and I'm still going to love my Shockey jersey. Back then, he was my favorite Giant.

But yeah, what an ***.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

screw you all. I'm going to keep my Shockey jersey and I'm still going to love my Shockey jersey. Back then, he was my favorite Giant.

But yeah, what an ***.

[/quote]

I'll send you my Tiki Jersey.....never worn once.....lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Imagine Tiki there too....poor Eli..

Comment

CantBlameShockeyNow.... or can i?
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Working...
                              X